Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hello again guys, afraid it time for more questions. Do anyone know what would be the best way to get from Brussels south airport to Brussels international. I booked with ryanair it was seriously cheap only to discover it was miles away. Fredrik offered to sort taxis out as part of the package for an extra 250 euros, Im not sure what to do for the best! any advice/ideas guys!

hi Chrissy... how is your weight loss going... Mine has ground to a halt after my first fill!!..

Hi Van, yes its going ok but keeps going up and down by a couple of pounds, but my body shape is changing so im trying not to get hung up on the 1bs thing. I cant wait to get my first fill though. Im sure its because our bodies are still in shock at the amount of food we are shoving in. I think mine is saying 'hey lets see who can hold out longest, I have all that flab to get through yet' lol. But im feeling good as long as I eat SLOWLY lol I have not had any choc or crisps since I started on this journey and to be honest im not craving sweet things anymore but I could of sank a bag of chips the other day when someone from my office had some ...... omg.....the smell of them sent me mad, I drooled for ages lol:confused_smile:. Still have to get through the Xmas parties yet, and its still a secret at work phew! Still havent had the courage to tell my Mum.:(

Hey there to all going to be banded all i can say it for me it was the best decision ever and il only be banded 11wks this coming friday i have 5mls of a fill got 3ml for first fill and 2ml second fill i think i need a tiny bit more but since the op i have lost 3and a half stone im just thrilled hope to have another stone off for xmas but all i can say is go for it its defo not a quick fix and it does take a lot of will power but the more i lose the more determined i get and my confidence has shot up which is a great feeling i cant express how happy i am and so pleased i choose dr chris i was going to go to the beacon clinic in dublin but glad i went to belgium hospital was shining and everyone so nice cant praise dr chris enough

Hey there to all going to be banded all i can say it for me it was the best decision ever and il only be banded 11wks this coming friday i have 5mls of a fill got 3ml for first fill and 2ml second fill i think i need a tiny bit more but since the op i have lost 3and a half stone im just thrilled hope to have another stone off for xmas but all i can say is go for it its defo not a quick fix and it does take a lot of will power but the more i lose the more determined i get and my confidence has shot up which is a great feeling i cant express how happy i am and so pleased i choose dr chris i was going to go to the beacon clinic in dublin but glad i went to belgium hospital was shining and everyone so nice cant praise dr chris enough

hi flirtylass well done, i am so pleased for you, also a little envious. i was banded 4 weeks ago ( well four weeks this fri) i have not weighed cos i too scared as i dont think ive lost any weight, i can eat anything and everything with no problem and was desperate for a fill this thursday in bristol. Unfortunately it has been cancelled as there was not enough people to attend, so now have to wait till dec 1st. What if they decide to cancel that date as well. there are no other appointments available any where else in the country this side of christmas, i feel pretty much let down.

i am really pleased for you and it was stories like this that made me want to have a band. but now i getting down and worried that its not going to work for me. Sorry for being so negative.

hi jojo i can honestly say i dont have much restriction i can still manage full amounts of food its just iv changed my attitude towards food and hoping the band will kick in now i stil want to lose a further 4.5stone and hoping to have another one of those stones off for xmas like i say just cos we have a band its far from easy but hang in there i joined unislim and go every thurs for the weigh in just to be exact of what im losing in the beggining i had a 2wks of a standstil and the 3rd wk i had half a lb on i was so frustrated but it does start moving again but all hard work but be well worth it im not eating bread or meat now 2 which was my big downfalls i could eat a loaf of bread no probs and i dont even miss it and stil have chips if im out at the wkend but hang in there x

Hello again guys, afraid it time for more questions. Do anyone know what would be the best way to get from Brussels south airport to Brussels international. I booked with ryanair it was seriously cheap only to discover it was miles away. Fredrik offered to sort taxis out as part of the package for an extra 250 euros, Im not sure what to do for the best! any advice/ideas guys!

Hi Lily - I'm flying into Brussels Int and back via Charleroi.

I'm not thrilled at the ryanair sale at the moment - my flights have been booked for 2 months and seats on the same flight are now 140 euros cheaper :(. Glad someone is benefiting though and the more expensive flights already being booked kept me focused during a bad patch financially where it would have been easy to just write off the cost of the flights and re-arrange the op for a later date.

Sorry I digress lol. Charleroi airport has it's own website - just google it and it gives details of a shuttlebus from the train station in brussels right to the airport. There is also a taxi firm that advertises brussels to charelroi for 75 euros so frederik offering to add it for 250 euros is over inflated even for a 2 way trip.

Hi all well it's 10 days until i'm banded and i can't wait i'm a little nervous though i know it's the best way forward as this forum has kept me thinking that way, i'm going to Brussells south too which is a pain as i didn't realise it was miles away but never mind i have my husband to carry the bags and me if necessary !!!!!

anyone else being banded 28th nov?

Hi Gillian, hope it went well with your doctor today and that she is willing to give the support you deserve. I don't know if you feel like me but although I am determined to have the band fitted and will do it regardless, I just would like approval from people, including my Mam and my GP. I think like Chrissy I will wait until I come back before I tell them and will hope for the best!! My husand asked if I was excited about everything being sorted now (op and flights booked etc)and although I didn't want to sound negative (especially as he is being so supportive now) I said I wasn't sure. I seem to change my mind every 10 minutes and although I am definately going through with it I though I would be more excited, instead I seem to be looking on the black side and I am worried it wont work for me (I know I should get a grip) I have been reading the book you mentioned and it has helped a bit. Don't forget to let me know how you got on with the doc. T x

Hi Chrissy, I'm pleased it went well with your GP. I think I am going to wait until I get back too. My emotions on this are all over the place and I think she will try and talk me out of it and say I'm not ready, but I have thought about nothing else for years. Although I have my doubts (which surely means I'm not taking it lightly) I know there is no other way I can lose the weight. I have already gained 7 pounds after deciding to go ahead with the band :(. I have been eating and drinking for England. Well done on your weight loss, you are doing really great.:tongue: T x

Thanks for the welcome guys :(

Just wondering if any of you who stayed at the Campomile or whatever it is called noticed if they have a gym? My 16 year old son is coming with me on the condition he can use a gym. If not does anyone know if there is a nearby hotel with a gym? I am trying to book the package with Frederik so may have to stick to the hotel. It would just be nice for me to be able to tell my son there was a gym he could use not far away - what with being away and flying back on Christmas day and all I sort of owe it to him..... lol

Sally

Hi Gillian, hope it went well with your doctor today and that she is willing to give the support you deserve. I don't know if you feel like me but although I am determined to have the band fitted and will do it regardless, I just would like approval from people, including my Mam and my GP. I think like Chrissy I will wait until I come back before I tell them and will hope for the best!! My husand asked if I was excited about everything being sorted now (op and flights booked etc)and although I didn't want to sound negative (especially as he is being so supportive now) I said I wasn't sure. I seem to change my mind every 10 minutes and although I am definately going through with it I though I would be more excited, instead I seem to be looking on the black side and I am worried it wont work for me (I know I should get a grip) I have been reading the book you mentioned and it has helped a bit. Don't forget to let me know how you got on with the doc. T x

Hi TC! I was really surprised with my doctor yesterday...I went in all on the defensive and was rolling off why i needed it and why i wanted it, and why i was having it....she was just staring at me open mouthed as i was going on..she said..have you looked into this then?! I slapped my gastric band surgery book on the desk and said yes! she said..Oh yes so you have!..she told me..it was a good idea and that they worked she had seen how other patients had done after having them and was very positive..she apolagised that i couldnt get it on NHS but she was sure that in another 5 years that would change and shed be recommending them left right and center!..she said sympatheticly that if this was America...and with the tiniest amount of sugar I have I would have got one straight away, no probs, cos they have recognised it as preventative surgery...she even wrote me aletter recommending me for any surgeon who wanted to see it,detailing why,my history etc, she wished me good luck and gave me her blessing..she also said that she would transfer me over to the NHS for aftercare,as there was ways of getting round that..shell help with any stitches injections etc too So there we go!!.I left so happy and showed my mum and husband the letter..I am so pleased at her approval and it has made my mum and hubby happier too! like you say..you want approval...its bad we have to feel like this..the people who matter will understand in the long run when they see the results. I am now much more positive and cant wait for it doing now..I hope you feel the same soon..that doctor hurdle will help you and i too hope she is as supportive as mine.I feel like I havent got a "dark secret now"! good luck! X

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

Just wondering if any of you who stayed at the Campomile or whatever it is called noticed if they have a gym? My 16 year old son is coming with me on the condition he can use a gym. If not does anyone know if there is a nearby hotel with a gym? I am trying to book the package with Frederik so may have to stick to the hotel. It would just be nice for me to be able to tell my son there was a gym he could use not far away - what with being away and flying back on Christmas day and all I sort of owe it to him..... lol

Sally

Hi, no the campanille doesnt have a gym, but if you look on booking.com it tells you of some of the other hotels nearby that do ..hope you find one, and good luck!! gillian x