Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Gillian and other pre-banders

I have book for my band on the 16th December '08! Can't wait!!!! What about you, January is not that long away.

I love everyones comments, they're great. It's so nice to talk to people that know what it's like to be fat and unhappy about it. At last we have the courage to do something about it that will change our lives. I can't wait to see the slimmer me!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup:

Hi GReek lady....Ooh thats really exciting..december band!!..are you a bit nervous?! I am,and mines not til jan 9th!..Im very excited too. Yes its great to speak to other people who understand!..Im still a bit scared in telling people, even family,as they just dont understand..(they are nearly all thin!) so Im only telling the people that need to know for now. I can understand why Fern Britton didnt tell anyone either..she was seen as a cheat and made to feel ashamed that it was a last resort. She just made me feel more determined that this was something good you could do for yourself..and I salute her!..Its not an easy decision, and its not the easy option as Ive learned from the others on this thread who have already been banded..I think they are very brave,and have done something to improve their lives and health..It has got to benefit themselves and their families quality of life..I cant wait to go into the swimming pool with my kids on holiday, and not sit round the pool in my jeans sweating my head off, and puff and pant my way round the park and shops.and not feel self concious when I go out with my husband..He loves me no matter what, but I wish I could be like I was 16 years ago when I met him! (not 4 stone heavier than he is now!)and when I can shop in a normal clothes shop..Im gonna be thrilled!! (sorry evans!) We are doing the right thing I know it!! I could have had my band fitted this tuesday but wanted to get christmas with the kids out of the way first..they are only young,also needed the time to save up enough money. Wow, you only have a month to go!! cant wait to find out how it goes for you!..wishing you every success!!. Gillian x

Hi Gillian.

That's no problem - the arrangements you have already made seem fine and not much more than I will be paying. You do seem very organised, I'm impressed.

I ordered the book you mentioned yesterday, so I might have it by tomorrow or Friday (looking forward to a good read)

Vanessa has kindly answered my questions too, so fingers crossed for her tomorrow.

I live in Sunderland, so I think the Edinburgh option would be the best for me, but Manchester is not that much further and either would be good to include a shopping trip/weekend away! x

Hi TC..actually quite fancy a break in edinbrugh! never been to scotland!..And Im hopefully going to be doing all sorts of new things as I lose that weight!..Fancy scuba diving (not in scotland in jan though..Brr!) horse riding..and just walking without huffing/puffing and sweating cobs! and even more not going shopping in Evans for a glittery black tent for christmas! This is the last year I will do that and Im going to throw all my clothes in a charity bag in january and do some sales shopping, at normal shops..I have even already bought some very pretty underwear few sizes too small and am telling my husband that I will wear it before next christmas! Its something to focus on for us both! and hopefully this will be the last school nativity play that I will be stood up at, for fear of breaking those little kiddy chairs in the school hall!..Im going to make little landmarks for myself..first time I can paint my toe nail and breathe at the same time will be a nice landmark!! croosing my legs will be another one too! not being the fattest mummy in the playground at home time(even tho my boys say Im the prettiest mummy bless em!),going swimming with my boys is another..Its times like that that I get angry with myself..and Ill be so proud of myself when I can do these things for myself and family. We will all get there wont we!! Hope you enjoy the book..its a bit different to the chick lit books i usually read in bed! But suppose were all the same us pre bandsters...its all we think about at the moment..Im getting a bandster bore!..(57 days to go!!) Gillian x

Well it's a little over 2 weeks until i'm banded and i'm really nervous! in fact i have butterflies writing this!! funny how i've wanted this op for years but now i'm scared!!, this forum has really helped me tho think i'm worried about the travel arrangements more tho to be honest! anyone else being banded on 28th nov?

I can imagine Ill be the same as you- abit nervous,or a lot nervous! when it gets closer to being banded,very excited too though!..mine is on jan 9th..could have had it done this tuesday but needed more time to save up and thought id get xmas with the kids out of the way first..dont forget to keep us updated with your thoughts and feelings etc up to and after banding..well all be interested to know how you go on!..well not be far behind you either!! best of luck and every success! (ps are you doing ok with your pre op diet?..hope I can manage that ok, sounds like a hard bit for me!) gillian x

Hi Vanessa, just noticed you were on the web-site. Sorry I didn't get to speak to you today in Manchester......I wasn't sure which one was you and I didn't want to interupt as your friend was talking to you, then by the time I realised, you were called in! Hope your fill went okay, was that your first? I had my second, taking me to 5.5cc's so I really hope I have some restriction this time. Once again, sorry we didn't get to speak, but maybe next time....................Kath.:thumbup:

Hi Vanessa, just noticed you were on the web-site. Sorry I didn't get to speak to you today in Manchester......I wasn't sure which one was you and I didn't want to interupt as your friend was talking to you, then by the time I realised, you were called in! Hope your fill went okay, was that your first? I had my second, taking me to 5.5cc's so I really hope I have some restriction this time. Once again, sorry we didn't get to speak, but maybe next time....................Kath.:blink:

hi,

I did wonder if it was you..but didnt seemt appropriate to just ask.. should have really..

Fill went ok.. apparently I had a Fluid collection around the port, it has been uncomfortable at times..he aspirated about 5mls.. after that all went ok..he put in 2mls.. said 1.5 next time..don't seem to have much if any of a restriction at the moment....how many mls do you have now?.. did you see him the last time you went?.. he's very polite..:thumbdown:

Hi Gillian - Edinburgh is lovely. I have been quite a few times now and there is lots to see and do - you will have to go some time, but definately not diving (at any time of the year!) - the caribbean is the place to go, especially when you have your new super slim body :-)

I am always sweating cobs these days - I blame hot flushes but it is probably just lugging my fat body about. I really don't want to spend too much on clothes this Christmas as I want to keep my money for the non 'fat lasses' shops next year (LOL). Evans' loss will be the charity shop's gain in 2009!

You will be able to jump up and down on those little school chairs next year (if the fancy takes you of course) My daughter is a primary school teacher and said they are stronger than you think!

Your boys sound so sweet bless them, both them and your hubby sound like they are going to gain lots from the new slim you :thumbdown:

My book has been despatched so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow and I can have some interesting reading for the weekend - I like reading true life stories.

Yes we will get there and you are most certainly not boring me - like you I cant get enough info and cant stop researching the whole process. Tx

Hi Gillian - Edinburgh is lovely. I have been quite a few times now and there is lots to see and do - you will have to go some time, but definately not diving (at any time of the year!) - the caribbean is the place to go, especially when you have your new super slim body :-)

I am always sweating cobs these days - I blame hot flushes but it is probably just lugging my fat body about. I really don't want to spend too much on clothes this Christmas as I want to keep my money for the non 'fat lasses' shops next year (LOL). Evans' loss will be the charity shop's gain in 2009!

You will be able to jump up and down on those little school chairs next year (if the fancy takes you of course) My daughter is a primary school teacher and said they are stronger than you think!

Your boys sound so sweet bless them, both them and your hubby sound like they are going to gain lots from the new slim you :tongue2:

My book has been despatched so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow and I can have some interesting reading for the weekend - I like reading true life stories.

Yes we will get there and you are most certainly not boring me - like you I cant get enough info and cant stop researching the whole process. Tx

Hi TC, thanks for your reply..I hope Ill be jumping up and down on one of those kiddy chairs next year too,instead of having 2..one for each bum cheek!!..and id love to go to the carribean..I really wanted to go to the Cozumal islands..(prob spelled that wrong!?! )its just off mexico, I saw on TV people were snorkling there and it looked beautifull. bit expensive though, so maybe it will be snorkling at skegness or something this year! Lol! I will look like Ursula Andress in James Bond in my white bikini carrying my snorkle,emerging from those waves next year. Ill get my "kiss me quick" hat out and my big warm coat ready! Hope your book comes today! (56 days!)

hi,

I did wonder if it was you..but didnt seemt appropriate to just ask.. should have really..

Fill went ok.. apparently I had a Fluid collection around the port, it has been uncomfortable at times..he aspirated about 5mls.. after that all went ok..he put in 2mls.. said 1.5 next time..don't seem to have much if any of a restriction at the moment....how many mls do you have now?.. did you see him the last time you went?.. he's very polite..:tongue2:

Hi Vanessa, how did you get on yesterday with your fill? do you see Dr Chris or Frederick? How much have you got in your band now? Did it hurt? was it quick? sorry for all questions! the fluid you had around the port was that fluid from your body or from the band? I hope its a better fill than what you thought,and there is some restriction,does it feel tight or sore on your stomach when youve had it filled?..have you eaten much yet? hows it going down? sorry again!..I ask too many questions dont I!! Ill shut up now!..hope you are feeling ok though, Gillian x

Hi Vanessa, how did you get on yesterday with your fill? do you see Dr Chris or Frederick? How much have you got in your band now? Did it hurt? was it quick? sorry for all questions! the Fluid you had around the port was that fluid from your body or from the band? I hope its a better fill than what you thought,and there is some restriction,does it feel tight or sore on your stomach when youve had it filled?..have you eaten much yet? hows it going down? sorry again!..I ask too many questions dont I!! Ill shut up now!..hope you are feeling ok though, Gillian x

Hi.. please dont be sorry for asking questions.. these are things we are all interested to learn about..

It WASNT dR Chris or Frederick..but it was a man called Chris!!.. he works for the team.. a very nice polite man..

He said the fluid around the port was from the op.. they washout the area after they finish the op..the fluid hadnt reabsorbed but stayed in a pocket around the port.. I asked if it looked infected and he said no..So, I had two needles , one to aspirate the fluid.. no pain at all..the second for the fill... that did hurt.but was bearable. so, when its your turn, no flinching!!! .. He asks you to drink some Water to see how it goes down.. I felt a slight tightness but nothing more, now no tightness at all.. I'm supposed to stay on fluids till monday.. I had Soup last night and it went down fine.. had half a tin but could easily have managed the rest..I expect to notice more of a restriction when I start eating properly, so I will let you know how it goes..If I feel fine I'll probably eat something mushy today..:tongue2:

By the way...have any of you heard of the website run by anne diamon called fathappens.. google fathappens.com.. lots of info on the site..its worth checking out..

Hi.. please dont be sorry for asking questions.. these are things we are all interested to learn about..

It WASNT dR Chris or Frederick..but it was a man called Chris!!.. he works for the team.. a very nice polite man..

He said the Fluid around the port was from the op.. they washout the area after they finish the op..the fluid hadnt reabsorbed but stayed in a pocket around the port.. I asked if it looked infected and he said no..So, I had two needles , one to aspirate the fluid.. no pain at all..the second for the fill... that did hurt.but was bearable. so, when its your turn, no flinching!!! .. He asks you to drink some Water to see how it goes down.. I felt a slight tightness but nothing more, now no tightness at all.. I'm supposed to stay on fluids till monday.. I had Soup last night and it went down fine.. had half a tin but could easily have managed the rest..I expect to notice more of a restriction when I start eating properly, so I will let you know how it goes..If I feel fine I'll probably eat something mushy today..:tongue2:

Thanks for letting me know how you went on..glad your ok, and that the fluid round port was just what the site was flushed out with..im sure it will feel better now with it out. I suppose youll know better your restriction when you eat some solid food? has anything made you sick up to now? when will you have another fill?. in the 4 weeks how much weight have you lost? it is better to do it slower though isnt it?..I think ill get frustrated at first if I dont shift a lot, but Ill try and stop myself being over enthusiastic and keep reminding myself that a slower weight loss is better for your skin! I know ill be left with bit of sag,cos of the amount of weight on my belly,loadsa stretch marks, 3 caesarian scars and my age,(sound gorgeous dont I!? lol!) but trading fat for bit of sag has surely got to be better for me!..also I can go back to same hospital for reasonable Tummy Tuck in couple of years!? Ive looked into that too! I shall be a new woman hopefully! lol! anyway..enjoy your mushies later!. Im eating steaks and things I know ill have probs with after the op at the mo,getting it down my neck while i can!.do you have probs with certain foods yet?. anyway thanks again for your answers..have a lovely weekend.Gillian x

Thanks for letting me know how you went on..glad your ok, and that the Fluid round port was just what the site was flushed out with..im sure it will feel better now with it out. I suppose youll know better your restriction when you eat some solid food? has anything made you sick up to now? when will you have another fill?. in the 4 weeks how much weight have you lost? it is better to do it slower though isnt it?..I think ill get frustrated at first if I dont shift a lot, but Ill try and stop myself being over enthusiastic and keep reminding myself that a slower weight loss is better for your skin! I know ill be left with bit of sag,cos of the amount of weight on my belly,loadsa stretch marks, 3 caesarian scars and my age,(sound gorgeous dont I!? lol!) but trading fat for bit of sag has surely got to be better for me!..also I can go back to same hospital for reasonable Tummy Tuck in couple of years!? Ive looked into that too! I shall be a new woman hopefully! lol! anyway..enjoy your mushies later!. Im eating steaks and things I know ill have probs with after the op at the mo,getting it down my neck while i can!.do you have probs with certain foods yet?. anyway thanks again for your answers..have a lovely weekend.Gillian x

Yes, I believe a slow steady weight loss is better for the old skin sag problem... in four weeks ive lost 11 lbs.. its slowed down once I began eating larger portions.. I havent been sick at all.. my advice is.. stop eating once you get a feeling of fullness or a heavy feeling in your chest.and chew everything really well. these are the warning signs.. heed them and you should avoid being sick.. ignore to your peril..

Ive no doubt I will over eat at some point.. I cant avoid cake forever!!!.. but eating consciously is the key...

By the way, my stomach is much better... much softer and more comfortable... have a nice weekend...

Hi Vanessa, thanks for your reply. Hope you're okay now after yesterday's fill? I had my first fill in London with Dr Chris as the Manchester one wasn't opening until Oct, when I had 3cc's. ( He ask's if you want 1, 2 or 3cc's ,so I opted for the 3!) Yesterday was my second fill when I had 2.5cc's. Like you said, it's hard to tell yet if there's any restriction, but I guess we'll find out on Monday, when we get back on solids!!! To be honest though, I've been hungry all day, and the Soup doesn't even touch the sides!! The bloke we saw is Chris Deprez, who came out to the hotel with Frederick the day after I had my op. He remembered my husband from Belgium ( but that doesn't surprise me cos he, (hubby)asks so may questions that they're probably fed up with him,lol!As you said though, he is really nice and takes the time to explain things to you.Have you booked another appointment yet? I thought I'd give it a week or so to see how it settles down before I make another one.

Take care......Kath.:tongue2:

Hi Vanessa, thanks for your reply. Hope you're okay now after yesterday's fill? I had my first fill in London with Dr Chris as the Manchester one wasn't opening until Oct, when I had 3cc's. ( He ask's if you want 1, 2 or 3cc's ,so I opted for the 3!) Yesterday was my second fill when I had 2.5cc's. Like you said, it's hard to tell yet if there's any restriction, but I guess we'll find out on Monday, when we get back on solids!!! To be honest though, I've been hungry all day, and the Soup doesn't even touch the sides!! The bloke we saw is Chris Deprez, who came out to the hotel with Frederick the day after I had my op. He remembered my husband from Belgium ( but that doesn't surprise me cos he, (hubby)asks so may questions that they're probably fed up with him,lol!As you said though, he is really nice and takes the time to explain things to you.Have you booked another appointment yet? I thought I'd give it a week or so to see how it settles down before I make another one.

Take care......Kath.:Dancing_sorry:

hi.. I wasnt given a choice of volume.. he said 2ml and 1.5 next time.. I wonder if it was because of the collection around the port that made him decide on that??.. anyway, so far no restriction, and this evening I had two bacon rolls.. could have eaten more but trying to be good!!!..am treating myself to a glass of wine, might even have two!.. havent booked another fill yet.. think I might see how this goes, and book for january, if I can wait that long.. If all is well, I think i'll ask for a larger fill otherwise it'll get costly trying to get to the sweet spot. How much weight have you lost this far?.. are you happy with your progress??

have a nice weekend

vanessa:thumbup:

Hello everyone,

I'm Miss Flump and I am getting banded by Dr De Bruyne on 23rd December. Only problem is that I have to fly home the next day, rather than stay in the hotel for an extra day, because of Christmas. I must be mad.

Is anyone else getting banded around the same time? Would love to get chatting if you are.

I'm looking forward to shedding some of the 6 to 7 stone I need to lose, but not looking forward to making my way back to the airport if I'm in a lot of pain.

Hope to speak to you all soon.

Flumpy x x