Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April sleevers

So how is everyone doing. I am post op 4/10. So far so good. Hard to get those liquids in

yes, I've never had surgery or an IV or anything. Very nervous and scared. Even though I really want it

This was my first surgery, IV, and overnight hospital stay. I did great and everything went well! Good luck!

Laura[emoji1]

How's it going everyone? I'm 5 days post-op - surgery was on the 10/04. Still sore at one of the incision sites but overall better than I was yesterday!!

Going pretty well! Post op day 11 and still struggling with the liquids, but overall good! Looking forward to switching to puréed on Tuesday!

Laura[emoji1]

I am 6 days post op and feeling exhausted after little activity. Anyone else? I am getting in liquids and pushing Protein but to no avail

Ive been told to continue with the liquids this week aswell *bummed

I am 6 days post-op as well. I'm very sore. Is that normal?

I am still a bit sore. Walking is best

I Still get tired from lack of energy. I have been walking a Mile trying to get more time in. My surgeon allows me to have eggs that are either boiled & grated, fried, and scrambled. Soft flaky fish that can be mashed , and thinly sliced and chopped deli meat and cheese. I am looking forward to day 14 after surgery so i can chew something, I hope this will help me with my Protein intake also. I am also interested in that feeling of fullness and how long it takes to get there. I am down nearly 30 lbs since the 6th of April. I hope everything is going well for everybody.

Hello all... New here and sleeved on April 8th. Many of you are before me so it's inspiring and informative to read how you are doing, what your going through and how you've made out.

Today i'm 10 day's out and noticed I can take a few bigger sips of liquid. :) Hopefully I can get a some more liquid in during the day. I find it very difficult to keep a cup in my hand and sip every few minutes.

The post surgery pain has subsided substantially after day 6. The first 4 days were terrible for me. I still had to use pain meds and spent 1 extra day in the hospital. I think the walking has helped eliminate it.

I did attempt to cheat and have a bit of pizza yesterday. Why did i do that??? (StupidMcNupid) It hurt like crazy and I had to call the Doc. Won't go into what he told me... The pain was so bad I had to pray. Had a "#2 blowout" and felt a little better. 4 hours later i started to normalize and feel better. PLEASE, PLEASE don't follow my lead on that one. I was weak and paid the price so that you guys don't have to.

Other than that, my energy levels are quite good. I'm sleeping earlier than normal and waking up a bit early as well. Thats good to get an early morning walk in.

I'm unsure who's tracking calorie intake but each day (2 shakes / 2 Soups / 3 tsp of yogurt) i'm averaging a little less than 500 calories a day. Scary for me. Doc say's don't worry but wondered how and how you guys that are close in dates to me are doing.

D

On 4/17/2017 at 10:47 PM, wcherry5901 said:

I Still get tired from lack of energy. I have been walking a Mile trying to get more time in. My surgeon allows me to have eggs that are either boiled & grated, fried, and scrambled. Soft flaky fish that can be mashed , and thinly sliced and chopped deli meat and cheese. I am looking forward to day 14 after surgery so i can chew something, I hope this will help me with my Protein intake also. I am also interested in that feeling of fullness and how long it takes to get there. I am down nearly 30 lbs since the 6th of April. I hope everything is going well for everybody.

Amazing progress @wcherry5901. I'll be 14 days post on Monday - cannot wait to actually chew on something - One thing that is helping is Jello and custard -
hope it goes well for you xx

@DS1 I had my sleeve surgery on the 10th and can totally relate. Ive been averaging around 400-500 cals a day too but that's ok because the sleeve is healing.

Initially I thought the Dr was putting me on pureed food starting day 8, but when i called to confirm he said no way and asked me to continue the liquids for another week, I am not hungry most of the day - when I am I try to sip on Water first before my Protein Shake. Today I did go out and get a Decaf skinny white mocha but only a few sips in and I was done (and that was a tall btw). Mostly I'm sipping on a Protein shake I make in the morning , and chicken broth, water - I went out and got Jello and custard to break the monotony so excited to actually taste something different -

For me the first 5 days were hectic. I was discharged after 1 night in the hospital, and I felt fine until the morphine line was taken out 3 days post op. The one big incision on the left of my stomach hurt ALOT so much so that the dr had to give me a higher dose of painkillers than I was taking. Haven't needed pain meds since yesterday - which is a relief because crushing up those tablets and having to drink that down is NOT my idea of pleasant.

Im so ready for monday!!!

Hey. There's been a lot of activity on the April Sleevers support group if you want to see more updates.

I am 2 weeks post op and on soft foods. I can just about get a poached egg down but that's the absolute capacity even a sip of Water on top hurts. So that's Breakfast. I can also get a pouch of tuna down for lunch and then have a shake to make up the Protein. They now go down quicker and don't taste quite as bad as they did in the liquid stage. Every day is better and I can drink and eat more. I went back to work day 4 and was walking a couple of miles a day.

Got back on the golf course day 10 and was able to walk and carry bag for 9 holes.

It's definitely a work in progress and I'm only down 14lbs but no regrets and very excited for what's to come.

11 hours ago, reignmystic said:

@DS1 I had my sleeve surgery on the 10th and can totally relate. Ive been averaging around 400-500 cals a day too but that's ok because the sleeve is healing..........

Im so ready for monday!!!

I'm ready too. I just want some variety to Breakfast. Egg or oatmeal sounds nice right about now. Just a few more days. :)