Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Posting about fast food and unhealthy junk

Making a meal isn't convenient for everyone. In addition, after any procedure you're essentially following an Atkins diet (low fat, low carbs, high protein). That being said there is relatively "good" fast food you can purchase; for instance, a burger from Wendy's no bun or topping.

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

@@sgc

This is supposed to be a support site to help people with their weight loss. So lots of posts that are counter productive to that goal doesn't really make sense.

Plus someone who is like 2 week post-op writing long detailed posts about tucking into a burger and fries as soon as they is the kind of thing, we as supportive helpful WLS patients should be trying to discourage. We are supposed to be helping each other achieve healthy positive goals.

If we aren't going to do that what is the point.

This post is also in rants, so OP can rant all she wants.

I'm one of those that read a lot, but don't comment too often. BUT...I have seen people that do this. I've seen one person talk about having the surgery and going right back to eating the junk food again as you have said. It very well may have been the same person. Imay scheduled for Jan 23, last thing I want to do is come to this site and see people doing that crap. It's ridiculous. When you know you u ate wrong and you are going to continue to do it, why even post about it?!? I don't want to come here and see that crap. I personally liked reading lipsticklady and babbs comments.

If you can't handle the real answers, don't post looking for it. It's called putting on your big girl panties and dealing with it!

Sent from my SM-G928V using the BariatricPal App

@@sgc

This is supposed to be a support site to help people with their weight loss. So lots of posts that are counter productive to that goal doesn't really make sense.

Plus someone who is like 2 week post-op writing long detailed posts about tucking into a burger and fries as soon as they is the kind of thing, we as supportive helpful WLS patients should be trying to discourage. We are supposed to be helping each other achieve healthy positive goals.

If we aren't going to do that what is the point.

This post is also in rants, so OP can rant all she wants.

I'm one of those that read a lot, but don't comment too often. BUT...I have seen people that do this. I've seen one person talk about having the surgery and going right back to eating the junk food again as you have said. It very well may have been the same person. Imay scheduled for Jan 23, last thing I want to do is come to this site and see people doing that crap. It's ridiculous. When you know you u ate wrong and you are going to continue to do it, why even post about it?!? I don't want to come here and see that crap. I personally liked reading lipsticklady and babbs comments.

If you can't handle the real answers, don't post looking for it. It's called putting on your big girl panties and dealing with it!

Sent from my SM-G928V using the BariatricPal App

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/real_talk New group formed by lipsticklady

I'm not able to express without being impolite how much I hate these "big girl panties" comments.

Edited by summerset

No i read the post. They literally admitted that as soon as they are able to put crap back in their bodies they will do so. They wanted to know what fast food resturants they should go to and so on.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Yeah i hope i don't get banned. I just try to help. I wish they would ban the negative weirdos that make posts about crap instead.

My bad, I did not read the original post, only the response with the quote.

I think if someone really wants to go right back to eating crap that's their prerogative and then they will b*tch that "surgery didn't work for them" to anyone that will listen. I just smile and say "that's too bad" and go on my merry way.

As for posting, I usually breeze past the "I ate total crap 2 days out from surgery" it's not for me and it neither helps me nor enhances my life to comment to the poster. I will however, comment if it looks like that person is trying to avoid old habits and just needs some guidance. Like, it's totally unrealistic to think someone isn't ever going to go out to eat or maybe have something that isn't the greatest (like pb&j) but if I can make a suggestion that might make it a healthier option I'll chime in- I think that's what people are looking for a lot of times is just someone to give them a "try this, not that" suggestion.

It's not for me to judge, they are not living my life nor am I living theirs.

Edited by izzy13

Be careful not to make anyone feel "unsafe" with controversial issues like this or you will be banned.

Making a meal isn't convenient for everyone. In addition, after any procedure you're essentially following an Atkins diet (low fat, low carbs, high protein). That being said there is relatively "good" fast food you can purchase; for instance, a burger from Wendy's no bun or topping.

But the poster specifically said they didn't want to hear about the healthy alternatives at fast food restaurants. They wanted to know about the crap.

And they didn't want any successful vets to tell them it was a bad idea - judgers and stone throwers weren't welcome. The truth wasn't welcome. Just reinforcement of what they wanted to hear - that fast food isn't the slippery slope everyone knows it is.

What is the point of posting in a support group forum if you're just going to seek out bad advice and don't want to hear the truth? I don't get it.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

But the poster specifically said they didn't want to hear about the healthy alternatives at fast food restaurants. They wanted to know about the crap.

And they didn't want any successful vets to tell them it was a bad idea - judgers and stone throwers weren't welcome. The truth wasn't welcome. Just reinforcement of what they wanted to hear - that fast food isn't the slippery slope everyone knows it is.

What is the point of posting in a support group forum if you're just going to seek out bad advice and don't want to hear the truth? I don't get it.

That's when people like us (people who don't want to sabotage our own success) scroll by and leave it be. Why stress about someone else's non compliance, they will either figure it out or fail all on their own. And by posting on their thread we are just giving them ammunition to post stupid stuff again to get the right minded people bent just for sh*ts and giggles. Whether they are a troll or just looking for validation why give them the pleasure. That's how I feel anyways

That's when people like us (people who don't want to sabotage our own success) scroll by and leave it be. Why stress about someone else's non compliance, they will either figure it out or fail all on their own. And by posting on their thread we are just giving them ammunition to post stupid stuff again to get the right minded people bent just for sh*ts and giggles. Whether they are a troll or just looking for validation why give them the pleasure. That's how I feel anyways

I get what you're saying and I want to scroll past, but I feel for the non-trolling "truly needs to learn" person who innocently reads this kind of post and sees all the mollycoddling from others doomed to fail and thinks it's okay. We should be free to tell someone they are making a mistake without being accused of not creating a "safe space."

I think I've been going about this all wrong. BariatricPal is only helpful if you're a dumbass, apparently. I have been wasting my time trying to help and be helped. It really doesn't matter one damn bit if you're trying to do this right, get some support and learn a thing or two. The only people who stand to gain anything here are idiots who want to be enabled. So, since I can't remove myself gracefully, (can't delete your own profile) I believe I will go out with a bang and self-destruct. Yes, it's petty and childish, but I am old and tired and having hot flashes so I don't much care about what strangers on the internet think of me anymore.

The people who know what they should be doing don't have time to hang out here and tell the crybabies how hard this is and it's okay if they just need a cheeseburger to make it all okay. The people who want to help others succeed get banned when they finally get fed up and snap. If all goes as planned, I will be the next one to get banned, because frankly am tired of dancing around the BULLSHIT on this website.

If you have the patience to stay here and play the game, good on ya. I'm outta here. Somebody help me out and report this post. Thanks!

I think I've been going about this all wrong. BariatricPal is only helpful if you're a dumbass, apparently. I have been wasting my time trying to help and be helped. It really doesn't matter one damn bit if you're trying to do this right, get some support and learn a thing or two. The only people who stand to gain anything here are idiots who want to be enabled. So, since I can't remove myself gracefully, (can't delete your own profile) I believe I will go out with a bang and self-destruct. Yes, it's petty and childish, but I am old and tired and having hot flashes so I don't much care about what strangers on the internet think of me anymore.

The people who know what they should be doing don't have time to hang out here and tell the crybabies how hard this is and it's okay if they just need a cheeseburger to make it all okay. The people who want to help others succeed get banned when they finally get fed up and snap. If all goes as planned, I will be the next one to get banned, because frankly am tired of dancing around the BULLSHIT on this website.

If you have the patience to stay here and play the game, good on ya. I'm outta here. Somebody help me out and report this post. Thanks!

I plan on posting in till Alex delete my account.

You were so right about that and you made a good point. We all eat out. That's normal. But it is all about making good choices. And i was sad to see that person not even attempt to try because it's not easy, but if you're focused it's that hard either. We all eat what we're supposed to and we still eat yummy food.

You were so right about that and you made a good point. We all eat out. That's normal. But it is all about making good choices. And i was sad to see that person not even attempt to try because it's not easy, but if you're focused it's that hard either. We all eat what we're supposed to and we still eat yummy food.

I've absolutely eaten fast food. Once I was cleared for a full diet, of course. The fact I cannot eat ketogenic actually makes it harder for me, because I don't have a hard carb restriction. What I have found though is that I don't want to waste valuable sleeve space on anything that isn't either nutritious (Protein, Protein, protein) or absolutely fabulous. Drive through food generally isn't nutritious to speak of (though there are exceptions) and it generally isn't good enough to earn space in my sleeve (there's a couple of exceptions). But then I also have been in therapy for almost a year with my food issues. I don't emotionally eat the way I used to, and I am learning to get my emotional needs and relationship needs met with the people in my life instead of forming bonds with food. So my hubby is my honey bun now, not that icky gooey thing from Little Debbie. I really worry for people who don't seem to even see that their obsession with crap food is not healthy. I am starting to think that mandatory counseling for no less than 6 months and a sign-off from the counselor saying this person "gets it" should be needed for WLS. And a test to make sure they understand the doctor's instructions pre- and post-op.