Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here making their own protein bars?

I have been getting away from commercial Protein bars for a couple of reasons. The artificial sweeteners play havoc with my system, and it seems to be getting worse. But the way things go around here, I often find myself needing portable food, sometimes on a moment's notice. I have been looking around on the interweb for Protein Bar recipes, and even did a search here (without much in the way of results). so I am asking...

Does anyone here make their own bars? Would you be willing to share a link or recipe? I am looking for something low carb, high Protein. I am not too concerned about fat content. It does not have to be ultra simple, but I don't want to have to spend an entire day making them either.

Following.

I don't have a recipe, but I would be interested in a savoury Protein bar, something with cheese.

Pity we don't have cheese-bread here in Australia! A bread made out of cheese .... how does one make one?

@@emardee Thank you! I am going to give these a try. I am like Magilla Gorilla when it comes to bananas. I love them.

Me too. Half a frozen banana with a vanilla Premier and powdered Peanut Butter is like a liquid fluffernutter. Give it a whirl, pun intended.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have made my own Protein bars. Here is the recipe. NO BAKE Peanut Butter Protein BARS: 1 c peanut butter-3 TBL honey (or to taste)-1c uncooked oatmeal-2 to 5 tbl water-optional ( i added for the added protein) 1 scoop of Protein powder (I used Genepro) 1tbl unsweetened Cocoa powder

Mix P. Butter and honey in a bowl, microwave for 30seconds. add the rest of the ingredients, mix. Mixture will be slightly moist and crumbly. Press (hard) into a 9x9 pan. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Cut into bars

Calorie 221-fat 11.1grams-carbs 10.8-protein 15.5 grams plus whichever Protein Powder you add. They are yummy

Some protein cookies- 2 extra ripe bananas-mash-1c oatmeal-1/2tsp vanilla, add 1 scoop of protein of your choice roll into 12 balls on cookie sheet flatten slightly-bake @ 375 Both of these are pretty good I hope you like them

@@shedo82773 Thank you! I will give there a try.

There is a Facebook group called recipes for weight loss success. Tons of recipes on there.

I've made these before and they are good. You can switch up all ingredients too.

4 Scoops of vanilla Protein powder (about 1/3 cup a scoop) I use Pure Protein vanilla
1/4 cup almond butter (fresh ground nothing added or any nut butter)
2 tablespoons french vanilla Torani sugar free syrup
1/4 cup organic coconut flour
combined with a little flaxmeal
1/8 -1/4 cup Freeze dried rasberries then smash (I got these at Target)
A small handful of rolled oats
About 3 tablespoons Water. Add one at a time until you get a really stiff dough.
Press out on parchment paper big enough to cut into 5 bars
Wrap in parchment and refrigerate about 30 minutes. Cut into bars and wrap in parchment then saran wrap. Keep refrigerated

HW 280
SW 257
CW 236
sleeve surgery 12/12/16

After reading this I have to make my own Protein Bars again.

Usually I'm too lazy to make then though but the store bought ones get old after a while. I should make my own at least from time to time.

There are copy cat recipes for kind bars. I make it and it uses a sweetener just like the other recipes do but I use brown rice Syrup. They taste just like the real deal and cheaper and I feel fuller. I don't add in Protein powder but all the nuts in there is plenty of protein.

I can't wait to try these!

Annie,

would love to see your Protein Bar recipes!