Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just beginning

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Had my consult this week. Have to have a psych eval, (ins requirement) and gather medical records. Everything will then be submitted to ins. and then it's the waiting game. The only thing I'm nervous about is the possiblity of being denied. Went through that once a few years ago (different ins.).

I've been lurking around here for a few weeks, and noticed that you are all very supportive of one another. I look forward to joining in as I progress through the process.

Ellisa

Ellisa, welcome to the site. As you have seen, there is a bunch of good information on here. Hope your time with the ins company goes good. I dealed with Aetna ( very strict) but got thru it. Good luck...Dave

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm hearing the the insurance I have currently is not as difficult as the one I had a few years ago. And that they usually have an answer within a week of receiving the information. My previous insurance took nearly 2 months and then I had to pull teeth. Perhaps that's why I was denied? They didn't like wearing dentures? :heh:

Elissa,

I'm right there with you worrying about being denied. I dont think I am going to have any problem because the insurance we have is good and I already called the insurance company and they definately cover the lapband. But I figure about the time I get my hopes up, I will be denied. Just my luck. HAHAHA. Anyways, I'm also stressing about this taking months and months to get done. I have made up my mind and want it NOW. I know I have to be patient, but it is hard. I guess I have been fat my whole life, what's another 6 months, right? Anyways, good luck to you. I'd be happy to try to keep in touch on our journey for support!

Currently I have Anthem, Ohio PPO. The "procedure" (I hate the "s" word) is covered, but Med Mutual also covered it a few years back and the clinic I went to then seemed to think it would be approved, but it was denied. I didn't appeal at the time because there was too much going on in my life right then to take of the fight (parent was diagnosed with a terminal illness in the same week as my denial).

I'm going to a different facility this time which is 2 1/2 hours from me (the first was 45 minutes) because this one is in network and will save me considerable bucks. In addition, the out of network facility requires that the entire bill be paid in full and then the patient gets reimbursed by insurance. Ouch!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches