Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have my consult with my surgeon finally.

On the 28th I have my vonsult with my syrgeon. I know surgery will be tight around the corner. I'm trying to get everything prepared befire surgery. Does anyone have any tips on what to get ready for. As in what supplements to take after surgery that you liked? Any tips on making thing's easier for yourself. I'm sure my doctor will inform me, but I'm curious.

*sandy*

My surgeon recommended Celebrate Vitamins. He gives out a paper saying which ones need to be taken after different types of surgery. He also sells them, so I bought them from his office.

I bought all the ones he recommended. I tried to take them but yuck, no, I just couldn't do it. Maybe one day but not now (I am 7 weeks out and still struggle to get a lot down, those pills are big, chewable but BIG)

When I went back at 1 month I admitted I was not taking them. The nurse recommended prenatal gummies (and they had told us NOT to take gummies in the paperwork) She said to eat one a day really slowly. I tried one. It was awful. My tummy did flip flops, I felt terrible for a couple of hours afterwards. Again, maybe one day I will be able to take them???

So after several weeks of NO Vitamins I bought Flintstones. They are so small I can handle one a day. I was really worried about my Iron getting low (note: I had been told by my surgeon NOT to take kid vitamins)

My surgeon says NO to vitamins you can swallow because, according to him, our tiny tummies can't break them down. BUT I know a lot of people here do take vitamins they swallow.

Keep in mind your taste buds may change after surgery. Mine did A LOT! Things that tasted fine to me before, or even good, taste terrible now. That can change over time but I am still struggling. Protein shakes have been really hard for me.

I hope I can take all the vitamins, and drink all the shakes I have bought, at some point. What a huge waste of money.

I have decided to go with the Patches for as much as I can. Other members here have said how much easier they have worked for them. I don't want to chance buying things and not being able to take them after my surgery. I am currently pre-sleeve and waiting on a date as well but I have started my orders. The site I used made it very easy because they group the ones we will need based on our surgery, so that was great. Best of luck to you!

http://rwrd.io/uzap8b8 I signed up with my Facebook account and they sent all my tracking information through there and responded to personal messages. From the support alone I can say I will be using them again thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by iKarma1408