Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wasabubblebutt

Hi ;) :wave:

I hope you don't mind me making a post all about you, but I have found you to be inspirational as well as informative and really enjoy reading your posts.

I was wondering if there is somewhere that we can read your banding story and see before and after photos.

:love:

Hi ;) :wave:

I hope you don't mind me making a post all about you, but I have found you to be inspirational as well as informative and really enjoy reading your posts.

I was wondering if there is somewhere that we can read your banding story and see before and after photos.

:love:

:DI have been trying for those before pictures for a while now. :D

I don't think she has any!

You are very sweet, thank you so much!

Wendell is right, I don't have any before photos. I was too ashamed and I was (and still am) the one volunteering to take the photos so I am on the correct side of the camera. Wendell can verify I do exist <g>, he's seen some photos as of about 10lbs or so ago. I've tried to post them, I just can't bring myself to do that just yet. Maybe after another 10lbs and some plastic surgery!

I don't have much of a journal. We were encouraged to start one but after surgery I pretty much dumped the idea. I just never got around to it. I only have my hospital experience and I send that to people if they are interested in surgery out of the country so they can see what it's like. But posting it? Yikes, I'd have to take some of the swear words out of it first. ;)

Bubble, you are so helpful to everyone. We all appreciate you

I know from when I saw you a month ago, you looked great. You shouldn't be afraid to post a picture.And you have dropped another 10 lbs since then. Believe me, you look really good. ;):girl_hug: Big hug!

I have a good excuse. I don't have a digital camera.

I would love to read your banding experience if you don't mind sending it along. I am considering the same doctor that you used.

I also became even more curious when I read a recent post you made saying that you have had a lot of problems with your band and asked to have it removed a few months ago but worked through it.

Do you see your original doctor for follow up?

I can definitely vouch for this lovely lady! haha.

Hi!!!!!!!

I've been meaning to call you! I have been thinking about you the last few days.

Still planning on watching?

(Neveragain is a medical student and he's going to be in the OR watching my plastic surgery).

Will you be in Phoenix anytime in the near future? Like for a fill or anything?

I have a good excuse. I don't have a digital camera.

No, you don't have an excuse. I have a digital camera and I can take your photo when you come back here in December. ;)

Denise looks half her age and is even more sweet in real time vs. on line!

WASaBubbleButt,

I think I'll join the bandwagon. Your posts are very helpful. I just started liquid pre-op and found your Protein thread GREAT, especially since I thought the protein bullet was revolting. Now I don't feel any need to increase the protein to 40 (the more the better theory) and force it down. Thanks

Also great weight loss inspiration!:clap2:

I would love to read your banding experience if you don't mind sending it along. I am considering the same doctor that you used.

I also became even more curious when I read a recent post you made saying that you have had a lot of problems with your band and asked to have it removed a few months ago but worked through it.

Do you see your original doctor for follow up?

You are welcome to read it but please understand, I write like I talk. I never shut up. ;) Do you want me to PM or email it to you?

Yes, I did see my GP for the problems and he was at a loss. I went to a GI surgeon and he misdiagnosed the problem. I went to another doc that is a friend and he gave me all the wrong drugs for it. Since I live driving distance to Mexicali I prefer to go to my doc for follow up care.

Finally went back to Dr. Aceves and he figured it out. It took trying a couple of drugs but the last drug works like a charm. I wouldn't trade my band for anything now. Had he removed it when I asked him I'd be without a band now. He kept telling me there was a fix and we just needed to find it. He was right. Luvox, as far as I am concerned it is band candy. :D

You are welcome to read it but please understand, I write like I talk. I never shut up. ;) Do you want me to PM or email it to you?

Yes, I did see my GP for the problems and he was at a loss. I went to a GI surgeon and he misdiagnosed the problem. I went to another doc that is a friend and he gave me all the wrong drugs for it. Since I live driving distance to Mexicali I prefer to go to my doc for follow up care.

Finally went back to Dr. Aceves and he figured it out. It took trying a couple of drugs but the last drug works like a charm. I wouldn't trade my band for anything now. Had he removed it when I asked him I'd be without a band now. He kept telling me there was a fix and we just needed to find it. He was right. Luvox, as far as I am concerned it is band candy. :D

Can I ask what your problems were??

I have enjoyed your post as well!

I've been meaning to call you! I have been thinking about you the last few days.

Still planning on watching?

(Neveragain is a medical student and he's going to be in the OR watching my plastic surgery).

Will you be in Phoenix anytime in the near future? Like for a fill or anything?

I'll be up in Phoenix next weekend. Let me know if you're free and of course I'm still in for the surgery. ;)

I too am a big WASaBB fan! I look for your name in posts. You're funny, inspiring and full of good advice and info. Thank you, WASaBB! Please keep posting!:clap2:

Can I ask what your problems were??

Basically I have stomach spasms. I have always had this problem but I never knew it until I was banded. The way my doc explains it is that there are nerve signals between my stomach and brain that get mixed up somewhere and my brain thinks I have more restriction than I do. Each time I would try to eat anything solid I would barf. Sometimes it would happen with liquids as well.

I went to every doc I could think of and finally it was my surgeon that did a gazillion tests and figured it out. He tried a couple of drugs and finally found one that works. Luvox. It's in the Prozac family. It's supposed to fix the nerve signals between my stomach and brain. This is not something that is common at all. I'm the first for my surgeon, another surgeon has had two people like me out of 4000 bands.

I'll be up in Phoenix next weekend. Let me know if you're free and of course I'm still in for the surgery.

I want to watch surgery too! So you have to take photos. Lots and lots of photos.

Next weekend, is that this weekend or two weeks from today? I'll make time for you, I want to see that skinny self of yours! I haven't seen your skinny self in months now!

I too am a big WASaBB fan! I look for your name in posts. You're funny, inspiring and full of good advice and info. Thank you, WASaBB! Please keep posting!

Thank you, you are very sweet to say that. I do sincerely appreciate your words.

I have to add my "buck and a quarter" YOU ARE TRULEY INSPIRATIONAL!! AND I can say she does exsist... and even friendlier and wiserrrr in person. WIthout her .. cheesy I know.. i dont think I would have survived this long after being banded without being ADMITTED TO A LOONEY BIN!!! YOU should post your journey!! better yet.. we should have a BLOG just for you LOL!!! ** Shes great guys.. she put up with my OVER PROTECTIVE husband too LOOOOL. OK.. I know you dont want to read this. but deal with iTTT.. ANd if it wasnt for her.. i would never EVER have thought to go to DR Aceves. NEVER>