Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TENaciousTENS "roll call" as promised!

Hi, I was banded October 8th. I am soooo glad I did this. Some problems in the beginning, but I am getting used to it. Losing is worth it.

Hi,User name is Hatmama, Real life name is hey you (no, really its Laura), banded on 10-3-07.Thanks for putting the lsit together. :)Laura:kiss2:

Only a little gas. They sent me home with liquid antibiotics and liquid pain medication. I went to my doc here and had stiches removed. He was very OK with everything. I told him price. He said in a lot of cases Mexico clinics were cleaner than here.

Not married. Just had to do it alone. I here a lot about how supportive DH's are. Had to do it myself. I really want this to work.

:clap2:I'm glad everything went well for you and it sounds like sending you home with antibiotics was a good idea. I had mine done at Sound Shore in NY. ONe of my incisions is still givning me problems. (they put the port close to my belly button) My pants rub it and it's a pain!

Julie

Hi All! Jumping in here with you! My username is HoosierDoula, Real name is Susan and I was banded on 10-5-07!

Susan=n=n=n=n=n=

Mom To:

Hannah, Logan

Lance,

Hayden,

and the TWINkies

Mason & Morgan

=n=n=n=n=n=

weight.png

Hi Tens,

I'm going for my first fill today having been banded on 6th October. I'll let you all know what happens.

Jude

HoustonHoney--what hospital were you at? I just came back from the Hospital Angeles. VERY clean and the doctors were exceptional. They worked really hard to make sure my friend and I were very comfortable having a medical procedure out of the country. They were thorough and professional and I was very impressed.

trapped inside--my only "problem" has been pain from the gas. I had the same thing with a previous surgery, but forgot how much it can hurt. This is day 4 and I've only had to deal with it a few times today. Tylenol, a heating pad, breathing exercises, and walking work wonders. No problems other than that.

Griz Girl, you should get some gas X chewables or the strips that melt in your mouth. Did a great job. Gas was the only problem I had. Instead of taking something for the gas pain, take something to get rid of the gas!!!

I was at a clinic. Small and very clean. Everyone was very attentive. Everyone spoke English except a night nurse. Even then I knew what she was saying. She pointed to one vile of medicine and said "no dolore". And boy did I know what she was saying.!! "No pain"!!!

Dr. Huacuz was excellent. Very nice - very experienced. I met other people there who had driven in from Arizona for their first fill. Another girl who had come back to Dr Huacuz for an arm lift. My friend had her under eyes lifted by him and she never had one black or blue mark on her face. Also, she has lost 75 lbs with his band. I would recommend this Dr. highly.

Huacuz Surgical Center

Hope you feel better

Vic

Thanks, I'll try the gas x! I bought some but forgot about it. I've been focusing on getting enough liquids in. I'm still trying to get used to going slow and sipping. My philosophy was quantity not quality! :nervous Time to retrain the brain.

I am right there with you on the Water. I am used to gulping it to get the right amount in. Today, I have had 4 cups and I feel waterlogged. I am finding this to be my biggest struggle now that most of the post op aches and pains are gone.

I'm supposed to aim for 64 ounces today and barely got 40. Feel like I ate a ton and a half!! It's a big improvement from yesterday's ounce total, so I'm getting there. The hot liquids seem to go down easier than the cold.