Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to pack for lunch when 6 weeks out

I will be going back to work right after the holidays, I'm looking for some ideas as far as what I could pack. I will be doing "Blue Collar" controlled industrial area type work and fighting for a microwave is not an ideal thing. So far I'm thinking of dicing up chicken, small chunks of cheese, yogurt, and maybe avocado.

What are things that you would put into your lunch box?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Roll ups with ham or turkey and cheese are a good option. Hummus and veggies to round it out. If you have a thermos, hot Soup or chili is good. Egg salad, good. Chunks of chicken, that too ...

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I agree with "genn". The World According to Eggface Blog is a great place to see lunch combinations. She uses a Bento box and fills it up with different things like turkey lunch meat, cheese cubes, dip made with yogurt and veggies, grapes, etc.

I have access to a microwave and small kitchen, but more often than not I pack stuff that doesn't require preparation or heating. I love the P3 Protein packs. They have just the right amount of meat, cheese, and nuts to fill me up and get me a good Protein bump.

I also pack greek yogurt, and sometimes chicken strips that are pre-cooked to eat cold or warm with some teryaki dipping sauce. I usually have a couple of Protein Bars in my bag just in case, as well.

I hadn't heard of Eggface before this thread -- now I'm addicted. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@genn

Thank you for the Eggface suggestion!

What a great idea :)

I followed her on Pinterest, and saved so many great recipes.

Wonderful!

One ounce of chicken cubes, one ounce of cheese cubes and one ounce of mixed nuts = 27 grams of carbs.

I found 4oz containers at the dollar store. Perfect size for cottage cheese, tuna salad and yogurt.

costco sells chicken salad in small tubs. They are really tasty.

Depending on your carb restriction you might be able to have low fat crackers with you Protein. I have 4 once in a while.

I look forward to being able to tolerate more raw vegetables.

Always have Water on hand to sip between solids so you get in all you need I find that I lose weight faster if I have at least 64 oz of plain Water in addition to any other liquids I drink.

I keep bags of 20 unsalted almonds in my desk to have on hand for caterer meetings. We have lots of them! It's nice to have something to crunch on while everyone eats danish.

And small bottles of diet Snapple are a nice treat.

First thing is 27 grams of Protein not carbs!

Friday's lunch box was:

• Protein shake (half mid-morning, half mid-afternoon)
  • 2 calcium chews (one mid-morning, one with lunch)
  • 3 drink flavor packets (for my 24 oz. drink container)
  • 3 oz. cubed chicken (spiced up with powdered garlic, onion, basil, paprika, pepper flakes, and pepper)
  • 1 oz. feta cheese crumbles
  • 1 tsp. sweet/hot mustard
  • 1 tsp. stone ground mustard
  • 1 tsp. chipotle mustard

Edited by Fredbear