Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein shakes... yuck.

I guess i am one of the people who taste the difference. I don't care what they say, the difference is real and it's wretched. I tried to mix gene pro in a cup of coffee per the hot or cold mix instruction and all the powder just floated to the top and sat there like a crust that had to be broken in order to access the liquid. Blech. Now I just mix a scoop of the gross stuff with 2 ounces of Powerade zero and shoot it. It's the only way I can get that stuff down.!

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

I haven't done it with coffee yet, but found that it worked OK for broths and Soups if I used my blender and mixed the unflavored Protein (GENEPRO and others both work this way for me) with a small amount of lukewarm Water or milk, then mixed that with the hot liquid.

I also find that while the taste doesn't change, the texture definitely does. I cannot stand the Protein powders mixed with pudding/yogurt/drinks but it works OK in soups/broths for me.

I wish people would understand that the Protein requirement isn't a suggestion but a prescription and just drink the damn shakes. Sometimes we have to do things we don't like for our own good.

I know that's going to piss people off, but my god people sound like children not wanting to eat their spinach.

That's easier for some people than others. If I try to make myself eat/drink something I can't stand, I will throw it up. Every time. I get frustrated when people say "just buck up and eat/drink it". I literally can't.

There's a difference between that and just refusing to drink them because you don't like the taste.

I put 4 scoops of unflavored Protein powder into 8 oz of cashew milk (about 10 gr Protein per oz) and add it to anything I can great in Soup (not to hot) cottage cheese, masked veggies... if you like milk you put a scoop of the unflavored into 8 oz of 1% milk it's 29 gr. No change in taste or texture.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have used ISO Flex found at the Vitamin Shop. It is chocolate-Peanut Butter flavored and is the best tasting Protein I've found anywhere.

Save one day that I was flying all day, I haven't had to use Protein powder or shakes in several weeks now that I can get all of my Protein from real food. The funny thing is that I occasionally get a hankering for a Premier Protein chocolate. I have no idea why. But then I think about it, and I'd much rather have salmon or chicken or cottage cheese, and then the moment passes.

I'll have to have them on travel days, but hopefully, that's about the only time...

I could drink premiere shakes until the last few days. I almost puke when I drink them. In fact I drank one and was at a patients home and had to abruptly leave because I felt nauseous with bad stomach pains. Never again. That feeling was so unpleasant. Like I had the flu.

I can tolerate Lean shakes from GNC better now.

Luckily there are many options out there. We just have to find what works for us at that particular time.

I had my surgery 11/18 to but I am still having pain on my side my left side it that every time it's time for me to pass gas I feel pain like I've never felt before the other part of my stomach feels just fine the other incisions are healing well but that left side is giving me hell and it feels like I just got the surgery I don't know what I'm doing wrong I'm getting my Protein in my Water in but I'm still having problems with the pain. Try the premier banana and cream it tasted okay to me.

Sent from my 5056N using the BariatricPal App

You aren't doing anything wrong, you are just recovering from major surgery. Eat and drink SLOW.

Save one day that I was flying all day, I haven't had to use Protein powder or shakes in several weeks now that I can get all of my Protein from real food. The funny thing is that I occasionally get a hankering for a Premier Protein chocolate. I have no idea why. But then I think about it, and I'd much rather have salmon or chicken or cottage cheese, and then the moment passes.

I'll have to have them on travel days, but hopefully, that's about the only time...

I can't wait to get to that point, but right now I just can't get enough food in. Maybe next week?? I hope and pray??

Edited by laceemouse