Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Deol's Dear John Letter

Did anyone get there $800 back from the support groups? I was thinking of trying to get my money back. I did read on someone else's thread that they were going to try to get their money back.....just wondering if anyone was successful at that attempt. Also, I was wondering what others thought of Dr. Greening? I have a laundry list of concerns with her also.....thanks. I have my apt. today at noon....I will let you know what happens!

From what I was told if you are going to try and get in to see Dr. Krause you really do need to ask for Bree. Asking for her will make the move to Dr. Krause MUCH easier. Bree just gets you in w/o all the other BS. If you don't ask for her you have to go through the typical new patient BS. However, I also understand that she does not work every day. Does anyone who has already seen Dr. Krause know what days Bree works? I was told by Dr. Deol what days she worked. but I was so upset I don't think it really registered w/me.

From what I was told if you are going to try and get in to see Dr. Krause you really do need to ask for Bree. Asking for her will make the move to Dr. Krause MUCH easier. Bree just gets you in w/o all the other BS. If you don't ask for her you have to go through the typical new patient BS. However, I also understand that she does not work every day. Does anyone who has already seen Dr. Krause know what days Bree works? I was told by Dr. Deol what days she worked. but I was so upset I don't think it really registered w/me.

Hello,

Yes you're right, it is easier to contact Bree to get to Dr. Krause. She works Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays. If you call the number that Dr. Deol gave you for contacting Dr. Krause, try staying on the line (don't press the number for Bariatric surgery), as in: "stay on the line and someone will help you" . . . I got a hold of Bree that way, she was the one answering the phone. But I could have got lucky. If you press the number for Bariatric surgery, you'll get about 10 minutes of information . . . hang in there until you can leave a message, Bree will get it. Make sure to mention that you are/were a patient of Dr. Deol's. Bree will get back to you, she's really nice. They have been busy taking on so many of Dr. Deol's patients, so if Bree doesn't get back to you as soon as you like, keep calling. It is worth it, I really liked both Bree and Dr. Krause. And Beaumont is an awesome hospital, I know from patient experience before, and as a nurse myself. Good luck, keep in touch, & let us know how you do! :)

Hello, everyone! met with Dr. Krause today. Very nice. Went over some basic info. with him. He is not as touchy feely as Dr. Deol, but helpful and basically took me on as a patient and said I could call him any day/any time with any concerns, which is good. I started at 267 and today I am 197.5, banded on 6/18/07. He was very impressed!!! I guess my question is....can I get any of my $800 back from Dr. Deol's crew since I NEVER used it...has anyone had any luck getting any money back? I have a 10cc band and it is fillled 2.75cc.....is that normal?

Thank-you Wendiss! I'll be in touch, I just love talking to everyone here in the forums. :) I hope to cross paths with some of you in real life! You never know =)

Michele! Wow! 68 pounds since June! You are awesome. Congratulations! I'm happy with my decision to wait until January for surgery (I just love the Christmas season, and I didn't want to include surgery in it, lol) . . . but after reading posts like yours, it really gets me excited to get this surgery going! I'm so unhappy right now at 5' 2" and 252 pounds (oy, my heaviest) . . . I can't wait to get under 200 lbs. Big congratz again to you! You are an inspiration!

I never got to the point where I had to pay the $800, I hope those of you who did, get at least some of the money back. Did anyone ask Dr. Deol about it before she left?

And I'm no expert by any means Michele, lol . . . since I'm not banded yet. But if you've lost 68 lbs, (and I'm assuming you're not hungry) . . . then maybe your band is just right? I never like the word "normal" . . . we're all so different (and and I'm thankful for it!). Maybe some of these more experienced lap-banders can share more info for you. If you're losing weight and not hungry, maybe the 2.75cc's are all you need. It really sounds like you're doing great! Did you ask Dr. Krause what he thought?

Thanks for the inspiration! =)

Rosewolf, I do not blame you a bit for waiting until after the holidays. You need to find out which time works best for you. I had my initial consult in Nov. and waiting until June 18. I am a teacher and wanted to do it when I was off work for the summer! I know there is not a 'normal' I was just wanting to see what everyone else had. I have 10cc band with 2.75cc in it. Dr. Krause said that 2.5-3.0 is normal, so I guess I am normal. I can definately tell that my band is tighter.....I ate 1 scrambled egg this morning and I am SO full! Does Dr. Krause make you pay the support group fees? do you have a surgury date? did you have to pay out of pocket?

Rosewolf, I do not blame you a bit for waiting until after the holidays. You need to find out which time works best for you. I had my initial consult in Nov. and waiting until June 18. I am a teacher and wanted to do it when I was off work for the summer! I know there is not a 'normal' I was just wanting to see what everyone else had. I have 10cc band with 2.75cc in it. Dr. Krause said that 2.5-3.0 is normal, so I guess I am normal. I can definately tell that my band is tighter.....I ate 1 scrambled egg this morning and I am SO full! Does Dr. Krause make you pay the support group fees? do you have a surgury date? did you have to pay out of pocket?

Hi Michele!

I cannot wait for the day when I eat one scrambled egg and feel full! Hunger is always my problem :hungry:

Dr. Krause did not mention any support group fees, but it was one of my questions for him - I want support. I will be going to visit Beaumont Hospital's Weight Center. Something I do have to do during the month of December, so it was good to wait a month or so anyway =) This weight center has doctors, nutritionists, support group meetings and even exercise (consultants?) - all designed to help with weight loss after the surgery. There's a free seminar you attend first, then I'll need to make appointments with the nutritionists and one of the doctors. I'm really not sure how it all will be, once I visit I'll elaborate more here. I'm happy Beaumont has such a center, 'cus I know I'm gonna need the help of a nutritionist, support, and exercise . . . we all know the band doesn't make you lose weight by itself! :wacko: I don't know what the cost will be for the center yet, or if my insurance covers it. I'm not expecting insurance to cover it, but if a weight center is the only thing I have to pay for out of pocket, then I'm all for it - it's an investment in my health. The Lap-Band surgery itself now, yes that is covered by my insurance 100% (I have BC/BS). I could never afford it otherwise!

I don't have a surgery "day" yet, Bree just told me to give her a call in late December/early January and let them know when I was ready, and they would get me started with the pre-op diet. Gotta shrink that liver! I admit I'm not gonna like that part, 'cus I know I'm really gonna be cranky and hungry, lol. But I don't want any troubles during surgery with a "fat" liver, so I'm really gonna try super hard and stick to that diet! It is strange how doctors differ in the pre-op diet . . . I think Dr. Deol said 3 (or was it 4?) weeks prior to surgery, and Dr. Krause says only 2 weeks.

Anyway, I'm curious about this Weight Center . . . again, I'll post more info after I've been there and know more.

RoseWolf...

Just wanted to let you know that I finally had my appt. with Dr. Krause too. I really enjoyed him. He listened to me and gave me some good pointers to keep in mind that I hadn't thought of. I will see him again in 6 weeks.

Also, his office staff was wonderful too. I had no problems either and would recomend him. I asked him if he had plans on leaving anytime soon, he just laughed and said that was a question he was getting a lot.

Karen

Hey Michele, congratulations on your weight loss to date. That is terrific news. I was banded about a week before you by Dr. Deol.

Did you ever get a answer to your question about a refund or partial refund ... $800.00? Just curious, because I would love to know too.

RoseWolf...

Just wanted to let you know that I finally had my appt. with Dr. Krause too. I really enjoyed him. He listened to me and gave me some good pointers to keep in mind that I hadn't thought of. I will see him again in 6 weeks.

Also, his office staff was wonderful too. I had no problems either and would recomend him. I asked him if he had plans on leaving anytime soon, he just laughed and said that was a question he was getting a lot.

Karen

Hey Karen!

Good to hear an update from you, and that things went well! It was rough finding someone to fill Dr. Deol's shoes, finding Dr. Krause was a relief. Your question to him about leaving is funny! :bounce:Makes me wonder if he as any contact with Dr. Deol still, and they talk about it!

I'm still having some trouble getting in touch with Beaumont's Weight/Health center, I do need to make appointments with one of their doctors and nutritionist. So far nothing but phone tag . . . not their fault, but I just can't sit home and wait for a phone call! Frustrating. I'm just biting my nails over it, 'cus I really want to have everything DONE before January hits, I don't want to wait any longer for my surgery! To top it off, I just had my mammogram, and "they saw something". OY! Now I have to go in for an ultrasound. Hopefully it's just a cyst . . . anyone that prays out there, I'd appreciate any prayers you want to send my way!

Anyway, not jumping on the self-pity wagon here, lol . . . I just want things to stay good so I can get my surgery, and start my new life, and start feeling better! Arrrghh! :P

rose, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! It is scary when your mammogram comes back questionable, I know, as it has twice for me. Good luck too on getting all your work together for a January lap band surgery too. I know how anxious you are to get this going!

Take care,

Karen

ANYONE BANDED BY DR. DEOL....I got an unusual letter in the mail from my insurance company asking me to contact them. I called them back today and they want to meet with me about the bariatric claims that Dr. Deol submitted. I asked them what exactly it was about. He would not go into details, but said he was a 'field investigator' with Blue Cross and needed to meet with me to go over the claims Dr. Deol submitted.....Has anyone else had this happen to them??????

I have Blue Cross as well, but I haven't gotten any messages like that. Strange! I'll be interested to hear what comes of that.