Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chime in!

Ok-- in the spirit of, well, keeping us connected, here is a new topic starter...

Post-op, what is the tastiest, most creative meal/dish you have prepared?

Get ready for people to ask for the recipe and post pics if you have them!

And for goodness sakes---no ricotta bakes lol. Be CREATIVE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

post-284996-14790050052461_thumb.jpg post-284996-14790050171585_thumb.jpg post-284996-14790050289887_thumb.jpg

Okay- mine is definitely stolen from Trader Joes, but it is OH SO GOOD!!!

Using their ready to eat lentils, crumbled feta ( I often used crumbled goat cheese too!!!!), their bruschetta and chopped arugula, I mix it together by eye--- no measuring needed.

Depending on my "mood", I'll add more or less of the bruschetta or cheese, and sometimes I will use basil instead of arugula.

For a party everyone loves it, especially if served with pita or tortilla chips. But it is Bari-friendly without the carby chips- and I often make a meal out of it.

The other thing is I often warm up my portion instead of eating it cold or room temp. And you can make as large or as small a batch as you want!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App post-284996-14790053768521_thumb.jpg

Best meatloaf I've ever made! All Protein, hardly any carbs. I backed off on the chili powder (yuk) and used BBQ flavored Pork rinds for the crumbs to give it a little extra flavor. I make mashed cauliflower to serve with it!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/44172/all-protein-meatloaf/

Best meatloaf I've ever made! All Protein, hardly any carbs. I backed off on the chili powder (yuk) and used BBQ flavored Pork rinds for the crumbs to give it a little extra flavor. I make mashed cauliflower to serve with it!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/44172/all-protein-meatloaf/

Thank you for sharing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

I make a warm salad out of red quinoa, a small amount of butternut squash (or sweet potatoes), caramelized onions and chicken thighs. A little olive oil and balsamic vinegar makes it moist and gives a little tang. Now that I'm off meat I make it with chunks of goat cheese, instead of chicken. I just add them at the very end so they don't completely melt into the dish.

Lentils have been a family favorite for years, so I use them instead of the quinoa sometimes...I like the tiny dark green Du Puy lentils because they hold up better and don't turn to mush. High Protein and easy to digest, I love them! When I use lentils I like to add some roasted garlic to the dish, too.

I made a warm slaw of shredded brussel sprouts, grated apple, crumbled bacon and cranberry wensleydale cheese. It was awesome. I had about 1.5 oz and my husband ate the rest.

HW 385 SW 359 CW 335 (50lbs down!) Sleeved 10/5/16

@@LisaMergs Lentils with arugula...that's heaven to me! The bruschetta...that's in a jar, right? I'm going to make this for a party we're having next weekend :)

@@Babbs I've never really eaten meatloaf until I had my VSG...now I LOVE it! I never thought of making mashed cauliflower to go with it, but it sounds perfect. Thanks for sharing!

@@LisaMergs Lentils with arugula...that's heaven to me! The bruschetta...that's in a jar, right? I'm going to make this for a party we're having next weekend :)

Get thee to Trader Joe's post haste! lol

People go NUTS for this... I would suggest doing the corn chips with it for others--- like the Fritos scoops---it is a sturdy vehicle to hold the lentils and the salt balances things beautifully.

Yes the bruschetta is in the jar. Some people use the one in the plastic container. This one tastes better! And those pre cooked lentils EXPLODE out of the bag...like triple in volume!!!

Great recipes!

I made a cheesy enchilada bake my family loved.

Cook and shred chicken thighs and place in a baking dish.

Mix together a can of Tomato sauce, low sodium taco seasoning, a chopped green pepper, and a chopped onion and pour over the shredded chicken.

Top with grated cheese of your liking, I use a cheddar and Monterrey jack mix and bake at 350 till melted and bubbly.

It's delicious and easy.

Such yummy ideas here!

Today I made this Protein plate for football game Sunday:

-Shrimp

-Avocado

-Cucumber

-Hard boiled egg

-Ranch dip made from Greek yogurt

-cocktail sauce made with no sugar ketchup and lemon.

I ate about a third of this. My hubby enjoyed the rest!

post-300674-14790800791186_thumb.jpg

OK I should have taken a picture, I forgot!

Tonight I grilled Greek chicken Kabobs. (Kebobs kotópoulo). The marinade was so tasty- yogurt, lemon, balsamic, rosemary, oregano, feta, and white wine.

I also marinated olives, bell pepper, mushrooms and onion, and added them to the chicken skewers.

I made a Greek dipping sauce with yogurt, lemon, dill, diced onion, fresh thyme, and a pinch off garlic, olive oil and salt. A bit of fresh black pepper on top.

The kids loved them too, they had white rice with them, I just had half a kebob. Delish!