Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I am having some serious problems with liquid yogurt!!!

I had my lap band surgery on Sep. 6th. I have been on Clear Liquids up until today. I was allowed to introduce liquid yogurt. I sipped on it on and off throughout the day and after I had finished it I began feeling some serious rumbling in my stomache and have had the runs ever since. :sick I mean in the bathroom like every 20-30 minutes! Is this normal? :nervous Should I just not do the yogurt? I have always eaten yogurt/dairy products in the past with no problems! Help! I don't know what to do!!!B) Thanks~

Hey Missy,

Sorry you're feeling poorly i was banded on the 5th, and had my first smoothie today, this may not have anything to do with yoghurt, i beleive we can sometimes get this a few days after surgery, due to the drugs we're administered, sorry i can't be more help.

Feel good soon.

toots2 xx

I have found that since surgery I am either one way or another. I can't seem to find a balance with that... Immodium and milk of magnesia have been my friends.

Thanks for the reply, maybe it is just the meds working their way out :rolleyes I guess I will try to sip on it a little tommarrow and see how I do before I drink any more. It will most likely take me a few days to finish one, but that is better than this! B)

Missy, I know all doctors see this different, but I cant have yogurt till 2 weeks after my surgery. I hve 2 more days to go of liquids, then here come the mushies....Cant wait.

Try going back to only liquids for 2 days and all should be back to normal.

Hope this helps....Dave:bounce::bounce:

Thanks! Maybe I should do the clear liquids for a few more days! It might of been a little pre-mature!B)

I had my surgery 2 weeks ago.

It was on a Mon afternoon and I was on clear liquids until that Thurs, then full liquids.

On Thurs I had a one of those drinkable yogurts, a Protein shake, and maybe some broth or Soup. I had your exact problem that night and it lasted like 3 days. I had to take Imodium. (it comes in liquid and chewable)

Just make sure you are getting in extra fluids to compensate - I think you just have to ride it out.

I am glad to know that I am not the only one who has had this problem! I am afraid I am going to get dehydrated, everything I drink goes right through me! Hopefully it will end soon. I talked to my nutrishionist (?) today and she said to try a Protein Shake with soy milk. I have never had problems with milk or dairy products before, hopefully this will not be the case going forward! :) I will try the imodium though, hopefully that will work! Thanks for the tip!

I was banded on sept6...I got the runs on day 4, I don't think it is the yogart. The next day (yesterday) it was better, and better today. Maybe it is all the medicines that we got in IV that are just now making their way out cause our bowels have really been sleepy and are just now waking up from surgery ??? just a guess! hope you feel better!

Misty you will find you will need many things that are liquid and due to your lap band some will work and some will not. Many wil be difficult to find and you will have to search for them. It really can be a challenge to find what your body will agree with. You might try some of these from my website. This product uses the same technology runners use to get the nutriants of the product to you faster. Below are some of contents and they are all in Gel liquid form.

Pro Pack (Protein)

http://www.mygelfusion.com/gelmedia/supp_pro.pdf

----------------------------------------------

Exo Pack (Antioxidants Daily Allowance of Fruits)

http://www.mygelfusion.com/gelmedia/supp_exo.pdf

----------------------------------------------

Min Pack (100% RDI of Vitamins and minerals)

http://www.mygelfusion.com/gelmedia/supp_min.pdf

I trully want to help you with your diet and to also want to let you know I have been there before and struggeled to find nutrition for my wife who had the Lap Band Surgery in Dallas 4 years ago.

God Bless,

Ronnie Thompson

Broken Arrow, OK

Thanks for the tips. I tried a Protein Drink yesterday and also had some baby rice Cereal (I know, it sounds bad but it was ok actually!) I also had some apple sauce, I was trying to do the BRAT diet that you are supposed to do in this case. (bananas, rice, apple sauce and toast) I can't do the first and the last so I tried a modified version. I have not had any problems since yesterday after trying this. I am hoping that was the end of it! :guess