Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just did some real disrespectful stuff!

Thank you SitkaChic74. Honestly, I didn't expect the backlash that I received from that post. Or I wouldn't have posted it. But I'm glad that I did. I'm back on track!

Yip!! Sometimes we just have to push it and learn the hard way!

It's hard though, it's will take more then a few months to break a habit that's had years to build.

Y'all do realize how dangerous this logic is, right?

Push it in the gym, not on a newly sutured stomach. Break the habits BEFORE you have 80% of your stomach removed.

This is NOT the time to test your surgeon's skills. This is NOT the time to listen to your body or pretend you know what's best.

But hey. Whatever. Have at it. It's your body.

I'm sorry you had a weak moment but start over I'm on plane ride home from Mexico was sleeved the 7th also. The guy that showed us around said if you eat something off your diet you could vomit violently and mess the staples in your stomach So your lucky. Just good luck on your journey.

I'm not posting again. Whether that be good or bad. It's not worth it. Theirs a lot of good people on this site, but a bunch of crazies too! Let's just lose some weight!

I'm not perfect either. I was, however, very informed on what had happened to my body and what it would take to heal successfully. I have a family I love and kids who depend on me to be at my very best. I cared about myself far too much to put my stomach at risk. I had this surgery to resolve decades of obesity and I was not going to risk a leak, an abscess, a tear, or any other potential complication over food -- something I had clearly consumed far too much of, causing me to need WLS in the first place.

Love yourself. Value yourself. You are worth SO MUCH MORE than a chicken wing, a piece of pizza, a grilled cheese sandwich.

You can take my words however you choose. I know my intent and it's not the big bad bully you want to believe.

SitkaChic74, the original post was not intended to stir anyone up. I get it. I screwed up, but some of these folks on here are crazy. I'm just trying to better myself and share my experiences, good and bad. I don't get some of these folks on here!

I know I may make mistakes.. That's why I'm not perfect. I have a compulsive eating disorder that I have 6 months to get over.. He definitely learned from the mistakes.. Which helps us learn.. I know now not to even try a grill cheese no matter what my head says.

Sent from my iPod touch using the BariatricPal App

Obviously we have all made many mistakes in our lives...many of which lead us to bariatric surgery. Being kind and supportive to one another is far more beneficial than being berated by people. I think that is human nature, to want to be treated kindly. I have been a teacher for many years and I get the best responses and results from my students when I treat them with respect, gentleness, and support.

I am four weeks out today...and it has not been a completely smooth journey. I have read some posts with very helpful advice. This forum should be for information and support, shouldn't it?

Anthony....I wish you great success. Keep looking forward.

My sleeve is like,"Im only gonna warn you once and then it's on., b*tch"

And then when I am heaving over the toilet, I can just hear her saying, "I told you. Didn't I tell you? Don't try me."

Lesson learned, right? Don't try your sleeve... it's the new boss!

Edited by TheCurvyJones

I was just sleeved on the 7th in Mexico. I have not had any problems swallowing. I've been drinking plenty of fluids. Protein shakes, broth, Water,Propel,etc. why did I just try to eat a 1/2 of a grilled cheese sandwich? It went down great but then I heard my stomach say, "Why did you just do that? I specifically told you that you were done eating that type of stuff but you still want to disrespect me. Let me show you how I treat people that is disrespectful to me". All of a sudden, there was a pain that I have never felt before, and it lasted long time too! Bottom line, I'm gonna respect you from now on!!!!!! It won't happen again!!!!!!!

Hi Anthony74 :) I want to preface this with assuring you that I'm not trying to jump on you, bash you or shame you in ANY way. But for every person posting here, there are probably 100 reading, and I think a lot of the vets on here post with them in mind.

So, that pain that you have never felt before? It *could* have been your staple line rupturing as your stomach tried to digest the solid food you put in it four days after 4/5 of it was removed. That pain wasn't necessarily your stomach rejecting the TYPE of food, it was it rejecting the insult of ANYTHING other than liquids. And how would you have known that it was your staple line rupturing? You wouldn't have known, and then you could develop sepsis. I mostly want others reading this to understand that it's not simply a case of pissing your stomach off...it could be something very dangerous, even fatal, so soon after your surgery.

I'm glad you're okay!

It's all good! I made a mistake but apparently I'm not allowed to do that. I'm down 53 pounds from October 23rd to now. I tried my body and lost.I posted it thinking that someone would say that they've been there and overcame. Instead, I'm met with angry, non rational comments from people that supposedly is going through the same thing. At the end of the day, we are all human and we are gonna make mistakes. I didn't eat the sandwich because I needed to, I ate it because I've been taking liquids in so well that I was starting to doubt if the surgeon (Mexico) did actually sleeve me. No more no less. I found out that they did do a wonderful job. But if jumping on this post makes you feel good about yourself, feel free to do so. I'm built for it!

The people on this site are so rude! Always beating people up for their mistakes, dumb or not. Definitely not a site I will ever start a thread on. And before you all start going off on me, save it; I have no intention of reading your comments.