Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any ideas? Getting sick!

I'm on day four of my pre op diet and already struggling with my shakes. They are making me sick just to look at them. Yesterday I could only get two in. It took me till time for the dinner to get the lunch one down. I ever got to the dinner one the diet is fine I can cope with not eating. I'm down 20 lbs in 4 days which is awesome but I just can't handle the shakes. I'm gunna call my Nut. This morning when they open. My guess is they will tell me to get Protein mix and mix in broth or a drink since I'm in a all liquid diet. ANY IDEAS?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I ordered the Protein mix from the site, 30 grams in one tablespoon. I put it in my spit pea Soup tonight and I had no idea it was there. GENEPRO medical grade Protein. Also, pre surgery up until the last two days I was allowed one meal with 4 oz chicken breast or turkey. And I had a lot of homemade jello! I used Costco's Premiere Protein, premixed and snuck a cup of nonfat Greek yogurt with chocolate Protein powder sprinkled on top of every spoonful, for variation.

In Song, MarkieZ

I ordered the Protein mix from the site, 30 grams in one tablespoon. I put it in my spit pea Soup tonight and I had no idea it was there. GENEPRO medical grade Protein. Also, pre surgery up until the last two days I was allowed one meal with 4 oz chicken breast or turkey. And I had a lot of homemade jello! I used Costco's Premiere Protein, premixed and snuck a cup of nonfat Greek yogurt with chocolate Protein Powder sprinkled on top of every spoonful, for variation.

In Song, MarkieZ

yea that's what I think I'm gunna try is the protein mix. But I can't have no food at all. Only liquids and Jello. Which I can handle doing fine with that part just can't hack the shakes. Lol

There are many different formulations of Protein shakes. Individuals sometimes find that they taste terrible. The important thing is to try a variety until you can find one you can tolerate. I found that Muscle Milk Light (vanilla Creme) powder blended with Water and a half a banana worked best. I used a Ninja blender with a single serving cup to mix the Protein shake. Others found that a completely different formulation such as premixed Isopure worked for them. Some have found that adding Protein powder to their foods worked for them. Past threads talked about a protein powder that had no smell or taste. Sorry but I forgot the brand name. If all else fails then try fortified milk.

32 ounces of 1% milk plus 1 cup of dry milk provides 56 grams of protein.

Also be prepared to experiment after surgery. Many patients find that their taste buds changed dramatically after surgery.

There are many different formulations of Protein shakes. Individuals sometimes find that they taste terrible. The important thing is to try a variety until you can find one you can tolerate. I found that Muscle Milk Light (Vanilla Creme) powder blended with Water and a half a banana worked best. I used a Ninja blender with a single serving cup to mix the Protein shake. Others found that a completely different formulation such as premixed Isopure worked for them. Some have found that adding protein powder to their foods worked for them. Past threads talked about a protein powder that had no smell or taste. Sorry but I forgot the brand name. If all else fails then try fortified milk.

32 ounces of 1% milk plus 1 cup of dry milk provides 56 grams of protein.

Also be prepared to experiment after surgery. Many patients find that their taste buds changed dramatically after surgery.

thanks a lot that what my nutritionist suggests is to find one I like and can handle I have ISO100 right now. But it so expensive to just keep buying till I find one that works. And they don't taste horrible I actually was surprised at the taste bc I was expecting worse just they make me have a nauseated feeling after and then that causes me nausea when looking at them for the next one. Thanks for all the input!!! Much appreciated!!

I like flavorless GENEPRO Protein powder added to SF hot coco, herbal tea or broth. It is 30 grams of Protein.

I'm on day four of my pre op diet and already struggling with my shakes. They are making me sick just to look at them. Yesterday I could only get two in. It took me till time for the dinner to get the lunch one down. I ever got to the dinner one the diet is fine I can cope with not eating. I'm down 20 lbs in 4 days which is awesome but I just can't handle the shakes. I'm gunna call my Nut. This morning when they open. My guess is they will tell me to get Protein mix and mix in broth or a drink since I'm in a all liquid diet. ANY IDEAS?

I could not stand the Optifast they gave me so my dietician let me try other shakes. I did the lean shake from GNC, but now that I've discovered Premier Protein it stick with it. I love the chocolate with PB2 added to it...

No it doesn't change the broth. You can't even taste it. It is so much better than having the vanilla whey Protein & that bad taste. It is not cheap, but it is worth the price. I don't know about adding twice as much Protein powder.

I like flavorless GENEPRO protein powder added to SF hot coco, herbal tea or broth. It is 30 grams of protein.

so I would pretty much just have to do two times of that? Can you taste it at all does it thicken your broth though?

No it doesn't change the broth. You can't even taste it. It is so much better than having the vanilla whey Protein & that bad taste. It is not cheap, but it is worth the price. I don't know about adding twice as much Protein powder.

I like flavorless GENEPRO Protein powder added to SF hot coco, herbal tea or broth. It is 30 grams of protein.

so I would pretty much just have to do two times of that? Can you taste it at all does it thicken your broth though?

AWESOME THATS WHAT IM GETTING!!! I just finally got my lunch one down and it's soon dinner time this is horrible!!! It makes me not be able to get any other fluids in bc I get so nauseous. Thanks!!!!

nectar are good. And I got some stuff off of this site expensive but pretty good little treats here and there

Nausea can also be a sign of dehydration. Make sure you get plenty of fluids

Got the plain no flavored Protein to mix in with my broth much better and not making me sick and an FYI IF YOU BUY ANYTHING AT THE Vitamin SHOPPE AND YOU CAN USE IT OPENED OR NOT THEY WILL REFIND HALF IR MONEY OF ITS OPENED AND ALL IF NOT OPENED !!!