Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Countdown to goal.....

I'm with salsa - what am I going to do with all my time that I spend focusing on learning healthy things, new exercises, logging my calories, measuring myself, weighing myself, checking on how things are sagging (sad but true)? I do feel slightly obsessed with the whole thing!

I haven't been at this weight since before I was married - 16 years ago. My head cannot grasp it. In my head I'm at least 25# higher. I still feel like a size 16 even if I'm in a 12 now. Ugh - these head games are tough.

I believe that the thread that deals with this is "Passing for Thin". I feel exactly the same weigh. I am so intent on losing the last 20 and getting ready for plastic surgery that I have become a goal machine. I like achieving goals now! I've been thinking a lot about what my new goals will be when it's not weight loss. Obviously, weight maintance is a life time goal, but I would like to start a thread on "Paying It Forward." It would be about setting goals to give back and to explore other worthy goals for our time and effort. Watch for it in the coming weeks. I will start it!

GOAL!

As of this morning, I have hit goal. I weigh 174 pounds. At my height that puts me at a BMI of 24.4.

I am so pleased, I am so much lighter in body and in spirit. I am at peace with my weight and just look forward to life without the constant thoughts of what diet am I going to try next.

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me. Your support meant a lot to me.

HIP! Hip! Hooray!:) Yeah! You did it! Now get ready to answer all the questions on how you did it! :) Way to go! Can't wait to have a similar post. I'm getting closer. I've been really working at it. Not going to make 20 pounds before my plastic surgery, but I think I'll hit 14, which still makes me very pleased. One thing I've learned, is this takes a lot of patience! You're hard work and patience has paid off!:Banane20: I'm drooling with envy! Again, congratulations! Kudos!:Banane20:

Thanks everyone!

It's funny, that last 2 pounds just hung in there for WEEKS. I had almost given up and my friends from my lowcarb site were telling me to just call goal already....lol.....

I didn't really change anything, I guess my body just decided to release it and let it go.

Also, I honestly didn't think I'd feel any different than 2 pounds ago, but I did really feel good yesterday. I felt DONE. Done losing, but not done maintaining. That has always been the hard part, hasn't it? Keeping it off.

I tried to eat a bit more yesterday, but I think I will probably keep losing until I get a slight unfill. But I am happy to keep my fill where it is. I certainly have more fat on my body to lose, but I am going to try to increase my calories a bit. My daughter and I are in our 3rd week of a learn to run program, so unless, I increase my calories, I will probably keep losing.

NOT THAT IT WOULD BE A PROBLEM. But ya, maintenance will be interesting.

Congratulations! I never had a doubt that you would get there!

So when you're talking low carb, are you just getting carbs from fruits

and veggies? Are you able to share this low carb site with us?

I do so well eating low carb, and eating right and then all of a sudden, it's like a demon in my body takes over and all I can think about is candy. chocolate to be exact. My Protein Shakes are chocolate, so it's not like I don't get any. I hate that. I feel so guilty when I give into it

and it never fails that I will gain a couple of lbs that takes a week to take off. The never ending cycle.

Paula, do you have any advice? I sure need it.

Congratulations! I never had a doubt that you would get there!

So when you're talking low carb, are you just getting carbs from fruits

and veggies? Are you able to share this low carb site with us?

I do so well eating low carb, and eating right and then all of a sudden, it's like a demon in my body takes over and all I can think about is candy. chocolate to be exact. My Protein Shakes are chocolate, so it's not like I don't get any. I hate that. I feel so guilty when I give into it

and it never fails that I will gain a couple of lbs that takes a week to take off. The never ending cycle.

Paula, do you have any advice? I sure need it.

I started lowcarbing many years ago. I think it is the next best thing next to Phen Fen. I am still on a site with women I have 'known' for 7 years.

I believe in letting go of all white processed garbage carbs. Banded however, I have never cut out fruits, veggies and any whole grains that my body will take.

I am on a small site. Some of us were lowcarbing, some switched to WW, we just support each other with whatever works.

I am a true carb addict. The more I have it, the more I crave it. I am best to stay away from high sugar content items, honestly, I am like a drug addict around it.

My only bit of advice is to NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER.....I have hit plateaus, one as long as 6 months. With hard work and diligence, the body will eventually give it up.

And exercise, exercise, exercise. It is a necessary part of life. I don't always like it, but I know it is necessary. Now my body aches if I don't do it.

This hasn't been an easy road, I have laughed, cried and whined my way here, but what a ride and what a wonderful prize at the end. I feel so at peace with my weight. Finally.

Edited by Paulax

Yea, I have been a low carb person too since the 70's when I read Atkin's first book.

Sometimes when I am at a certain friend's house who loves to bake, I just can't resist a brownie or something and then I do feel like a drug addict. I can't seem to "just say no" and watch her eat them. I have told her it's gotten to a point where I am not going to be able to visit her at her house.

I agree with you too about the exercise. I really get moody when I skip a day. I can't wait to get my Christmas bills paid off so I can afford my trainer again.