Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New here, constant nausea

One thing that I have not seen anyone else mention... I had terrible nausea and also wondered "what have I done???". When the zofran and other anti-nausea meds didn't work, my doc ran some tests and I ended up having my gallbladder removed. My sleeve was in September 2o14 and the gallbladder was removed in December. So it took about 3 months to figure it out but once the gallbladder was removed, the nausea was immediately gone. Since then I have lost 110 lbs and never looked back. Best thing I have ever done for myself!!

It's worth asking your doc about. Hope you are feeling better soon.

This happened to me. I had my sleeve May 27, 2016 and I started having extreme nausea 3 weeks after surgery. I couldn't even smell food without wanting to die. They ended up having to put a picc line in my arm so I could give myself infusions every night to give my body the Fluid and nutrition it needs because I couldn't eat or drink anything. I was on 5 different antinausea meds and I still felt nauseous. The nausea improved slightly as the months went on and I was able to eat and drink but not very much.

They found gallstones in my gallbladder at the end of September and they removed my gallbladder on 10/18 and no more nausea.

Im happy it's gone but I'm also upset because what if all the nausea that whole time was just my gallbladder :( I went through months of nausea and got 2 separate blood infections from the picc line.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My doctor did give me zofran after surgery. I took one yesterday and it made me really tired. I slept most of the day. I am going to try some again today. He offered to call me in some more if I need it. I guess I will try it for a few days and see if it helps and if not I will ask for something different. I just hope I don't have to live on anti nausea medication. My best friend had surgery back in April and suggested I keep taking the Vitamins (which are also gross to me and I skip every few days) to get the extra nutrients and that might make me feel better too.

This leads me to another issue. It is really hard to take my regular medication (thyroid and a few different things for anxiety and depression), Vitamins, a Tylenol once in a while for pain, two antacids a day, etc and drink enough Water. Especially when there is the wait before and after eating with drinking. There are not enough hours in the day to get everything in this tiny tummy! I am hoping I can get off most of these medications in the near future.

I wanted to respond to your remark about medication. It definitely gets easier as you heal. I take about 12 meds in the morning and 9 at night and that's without my vitamins. I had to spread them out throughout the day because I couldn't take them all at once. I made an excel spreadsheet schedule to help me remember. I separated them into like 6 or 7 doses during the day to help me get them all in. I wouldn't have been able to otherwise. Now at 5 months out I'm able to take them in one sitting.