Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone else plan and celebrate mini goals?

I remember when I got under 200, my first thought was to Celebrate with a some bad food like I used to do. Of course I didnt, so I went shopping instead. Going forward I would buy new shoes every 25lbs. Gave me something to look forward and reward to myself that wasnt food releated

Had weight loss surgery Oct 20 ..

No true results yet ..

The way I would Celebrate .

For every 20lb I get a hair cut or change the color make it lighter or darker..

Maybe a mani or pedi ..

These are things I only do twice a year to begin with ..( money restrictions) but would do it more often ..massage

Sent from my SM-T550 using the BariatricPal App

Yes! I Celebrate everything. Just bought a new FitBit for hitting 45 lbs lost.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Congrats!!! Also, looking into getting a FitBit... but was undecided. Like the reviews on the Alta. Which fitbit do u have & how do you like it?

I have the fitbit Blaze. I love it. The challenges keep me motivated to get more steps in to beat friends and family. Never under estimate bragging rights. I started with the flex and moved to the blaze after my surgery. I wanted to have the heart rate feature. Its a little big to wear while sleeping for me, but I don't care to much for it to record sleep. I like how big it is during the day so I can see my totals anytime and the fact that it has built in workouts. I also like that it connects to my phone for notifications. This way I can see who is calling during a workout without having to stop and pull out my phone.

Congrats!!! Also, looking into getting a FitBit... but was undecided. Like the reviews on the Alta. Which fitbit do u have & how do you like it?

I have the Flex 2 because I'm a swimmer and it's waterproof and it will log my laps.

I have a new tattoo planned for 50 pounds lost - 5 pounds away!!!

Ive got a back piece planned for goal... maybe after plastics, depends on how things "hang"

HW 385 SW 359 CW 340 Sleeved 10/5/16

Bucket list is a great idea. New jeans in four pounds for me. Kayaking 30 pounds after that.

I have horseback riding on my list. Not sure when... it depends on what the weight limit is.

I like this new bracelet/band for the fitbit alta. Trying to decide if for christmas or a goal reward. It depends on what else cool I find. Lol

https://www.etsy.com/listing/475437492/pre-order-alta-sanabelle-fitbit-bracelet

I have the alta. I really like it. Husband has the original flex but we might upgrade for him. Unless you really want the HR ability, I recommend the alta. I think it looks better on a womans wrist and it has lots of accessory style bands to dress it up.

50lbs lost I'm celebrating with a luxury spa day. 75lbs lost a new handbag. 100lbs lost a week long trip to somewhere in Europe!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have a new tattoo planned for 50 pounds lost - 5 pounds away!!!

Ive got a back piece planned for goal... maybe after plastics, depends on how things "hang"

Bucket list is a great idea. New jeans in four pounds for me. Kayaking 30 pounds after that.

I have horseback riding on my list. Not sure when... it depends on what the weight limit is.

I am a little nervous about that - but it's on my upper thigh so I'm not horribly concerned... it does run through my mind though

I do Celebrate mini goals. Today I am 100 lbs below my highest recorded weight. I celebrated by buying myself a nice bouquet of flowers. My next goal is in 11 more lbs, which will make 100 lbs lost on my surgery journey (including my 2 week pre op diet) and I will be getting a small tattoo. Other small goals I've celebrated by getting a piece of make up I wanted, or buying a new perfume. It's been a game changer because before I always celebrated things with food... not anymore!

I have several mini goals. 222 (my weight when the band failed in March). 213, My low weight for 2015. 203 my lowest weight after giving birth to my son. Then, of course, onederland.

I don't have the money to reward myself with anything, but I guess I just give myself a little mental high-five and keep on trucking. The end result will be my reward.

I like to Celebrate the small accomplishments when trying to lose weight. My final goal is 200lbs gone, so its a big number and will take quite a while. These mini goals help keep me on target and feel like I accomplished something. Mine are all percentages of excess weight and starting weight.

Mini goals

10% of starting weight 38.5lbs - 10/21/16

20% of excess weight 40lbs - 10/22/16

45lbs lost by 1st annivery - 10/30/16 (1 day early and 339.6!)

20% of excess weight 50lbs - soon!

HW 385 SW 359 CW 344 Sleeved 10/5/16

Actually its 25% of excess weight and I lost it today! 50lbs in 47 days!

HW 385 SW 359 CW 338 Sleeved 10/5/16