Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, brand new here. I'm not sure where to post this.

I'm also not sure what's happening to me. I ate good food all day (tofu & veg & lentils) but I had homemade mac and cheese with asparagus for dinner. They were brown rice and quinoa noodles.

Now I'm sweating, my heart rate is very fast, I'm breathing fast and my insides are gassy and moving around like crazy. It feels similar to a panic attack, but with a throw up factor.

Is this dumping?

Is there an antidote, like drink milk, drink Water, eat Protein?

Or do I just need to wait it out?

Any help is great! Thanks.

Hi, brand new here. I'm not sure where to post this.

I'm also not sure what's happening to me. I ate good food all day (tofu & veg & lentils) but I had homemade mac and cheese with asparagus for dinner. They were brown rice and quinoa noodles.

Now I'm sweating, my heart rate is very fast, I'm breathing fast and my insides are gassy and moving around like crazy. It feels similar to a panic attack, but with a throw up factor.

Is this dumping?

Is there an antidote, like drink milk, drink Water, eat Protein?

Or do I just need to wait it out?

Any help is great! Thanks.

Yes it is Dumping. And it is a horrible feeling. What I do when it happens I drink Water slowly and just lay back and relax until it goes away. I hope you feel better.

❤ Fredjuni❤

Thank you. It's passed now but it's scary.

Sorry its like Pasta it has between -31-32 grams of carbs depend on which brand you eat.

First and foremost, dumping is a learning experience. Once you have done it, you never want to repeat the experience again. So a couple words of wisdom.

Recognize the pre-triggers and stop eating the moment you encounter them in the future. The pre-triggers can be hiccups, sneezing, excessive mucous, a change in the way food taste, and others. Individuals are different and their pre-triggers vary.

Dumping experience can last for several hours. In general maintain a vertical position instead of a horizontal. If you lay down on a bed or couch, it will only aggravate the experience. As a result it is important not to eat a meal close to bedtime. Generally when I experience dumping, I go to the toilet and force myself to vomit up some of the food I ate. That helps to relieve the condition.

Thank you both for the replies!

@NewJerseyGirl60: Yes, it was the quinoa that did it!

@JamesMarusek: EXACTLY! One of the first overwhelmling feelings was that I wanted to throw up. Next time (hopefully no next time ever) I will just do that.

Thanks!!

Hiccups are a sign? Why did no one tell me this? I am still pre but trying to get my innards in shape since surgeon doesn't require the stuff you guys have. Now that I know I'll follow my body's lead. meat does it to me so bet afterwards it might be a trigger to watch out for. And after a big bite of lean burger I think I felt a mini dump, cause time made it better. Thanks my bros and sisters from Rosey Posey. 10/28/16

Sent from my S55 using the BariatricPal App

I always lie on my left side. And I take PAPAYA ENZYMES. They are cheap and natural. They have helped me so many times. They are cheap also. I have used them every since my RNY. Dumping SUCKS!!! You pretty much have to ride it out. Sometimes vomiting will help. Good Luck I'm glad that you feel better!!

Also, when I am in that phase I CANNOT EAT OR DRINK anything!!!

@Lema: I have gotten dumping from liquids. I think, for me, it's all about how much sugar gets into my system and how fast. So I watch my sugar like a hawk. But this last time it seems like it was the high sugar in carbs that did it.

Best thing to do is try all the ingredients separately and see if anything gives u dumping symptoms again I am a year post op and I can only eat cheese melted and can not eat Pasta at all the min I eat a piece of Pasta I start to burn up and need to go and be sick straight away only way I can seem to make symptoms go away is to keep bing sick until I have nothing left in my tummy so know I avoid pasta but still love my pasta dishes but now I replace the pasta with veg instead

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App