Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Using Patch MD Multi and B12 - Just got back my 2 month blood work results

So even before I meet with my surgeon on Friday (Aug 10 was my surgery date), Quest sent me my results.

I'm showing 5 out of range results but not by much. Let me preface by saying the one time I forgot to use my multi vit patch was the day before my blood draw. duh.

HDL is a low 36 (range >46); however, my CHO Ratio is now a high 5.1 (range <5.0); Iron Binding Capacity is a low 249 (Range 250-450); RDW is high 16.4 (range 11.0-15.0) and the shocker B1 is low 66 (range 78-185) it was a 120 in June.

My diet is still very strict as they won't even allow me fruit or vegetables yet, so its not surprising that some of my levels are low.

For the purpose of the B12 patch - which by the way, my NUT said I did not need to use, because the value is already in the Multi however, I felt sluggish and decided since I already had purchased it to use it. My results are 598 (range is 200-1100), so smack in the middle. Yeah.

Pre surgery my glucose was 107 and its now 80 (range 65-99). My LDL is 123 (range <130). My Cholesterol total is 183, (range 125-200).

There are still many foods that just don't agree with me, not that I get sick, but I find hard to chew to a slide down consistency like shellfish and steak (and I'm Irish, love my meat). I'm not too keen on fish overall. Chilean Sea bass is about it. lol I eat a lot of chicken made different ways, sometimes not legal sauces, but I clearly don't use much. I eat a lot of cheese and deli chicken or turkey. I have liverwurst once a week. eggs, well seems like a lot of dairy. I supplement with genpro in my morning black coffee and every now and then a Premiere Protein shake, but I do try and get my Protein in with food.

Hoping after seeing my surgeon on Friday and well, the NUT, she'll let me add some other things to my diet to alter these numbers.

I thought maybe those of you on the patch or thinking about it, would like a breakdown. All I've seen reports come back from other posters as perfect. Maybe my doctor will think these are perfect too. Hope so. I find them soooooooooo easy to use. Just have to make sure I have them somewhere I see to remember to put them on. I use my B12 during the day (Alex told me not to use at night) and I put my Multivitamin on overnight. I once used one on my back shoulder where I have a tattoo and I got a rash. The tattoo is old, so I have no idea, but thought I'd mention it.

Thanks

I switched to Patches 4 weeks ago, and go to have blood test Monday.

I hope it goes well. I like the Patches better and feel they release thru the day rather than the digested ones.

My results dropped a lot when I did Patches compared to my doctors brand of multi made specifically for bariatric patients. Important think is to find what works for you. I have never had swallowing pills problems, as soon as doctor said I could post op, I could pop a hand full. For me the Patches were a nuisance, falling off, sweating during exercise, or just wanting a shower in my more active lifestyle. Pop my pills and done

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

I gag when I take Vitamins orally. pills have to be teeny, tiny.

So even before I meet with my surgeon on Friday (Aug 10 was my surgery date), Quest sent me my results.

I'm showing 5 out of range results but not by much. Let me preface by saying the one time I forgot to use my multi vit patch was the day before my blood draw. duh.

HDL is a low 36 (range >46); however, my CHO Ratio is now a high 5.1 (range <5.0); Iron Binding Capacity is a low 249 (Range 250-450); RDW is high 16.4 (range 11.0-15.0) and the shocker B1 is low 66 (range 78-185) it was a 120 in June.

My diet is still very strict as they won't even allow me fruit or vegetables yet, so its not surprising that some of my levels are low.

For the purpose of the B12 patch - which by the way, my NUT said I did not need to use, because the value is already in the Multi however, I felt sluggish and decided since I already had purchased it to use it. My results are 598 (range is 200-1100), so smack in the middle. Yeah.

Pre surgery my glucose was 107 and its now 80 (range 65-99). My LDL is 123 (range <130). My Cholesterol total is 183, (range 125-200).

There are still many foods that just don't agree with me, not that I get sick, but I find hard to chew to a slide down consistency like shellfish and steak (and I'm Irish, love my meat). I'm not too keen on fish overall. Chilean Sea bass is about it. lol I eat a lot of chicken made different ways, sometimes not legal sauces, but I clearly don't use much. I eat a lot of cheese and deli chicken or turkey. I have liverwurst once a week. eggs, well seems like a lot of dairy. I supplement with genpro in my morning black coffee and every now and then a Premiere Protein shake, but I do try and get my Protein in with food.

Hoping after seeing my surgeon on Friday and well, the NUT, she'll let me add some other things to my diet to alter these numbers.

I thought maybe those of you on the patch or thinking about it, would like a breakdown. All I've seen reports come back from other posters as perfect. Maybe my doctor will think these are perfect too. Hope so. I find them soooooooooo easy to use. Just have to make sure I have them somewhere I see to remember to put them on. I use my B12 during the day (Alex told me not to use at night) and I put my Multivitamin on overnight. I once used one on my back shoulder where I have a tattoo and I got a rash. The tattoo is old, so I have no idea, but thought I'd mention it.

I just started them. Find they don't stick and they are lost by evening. I wont know what my values are for several months but i do have methylated b12 now. Powdered c. Powdered magnesium citrate. My magnesium was very low. I am told that too low cholesterol for both numbers is not good! And that i have myriad mal-absorption problems. Also bacterial overbloom and inflammation. I DO feel better taking the magnesium supplements etc. Slightly less fatigued. Znd less depressed, too. But its not even a whole month yet. Heartburn came back these last couple days. So...hang in. At least not gaining wt.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

My results dropped a lot when I did Patches compared to my doctors brand of multi made specifically for bariatric patients. Important think is to find what works for you. I have never had swallowing pills problems, as soon as doctor said I could post op, I could pop a hand full. For me the Patches were a nuisance, falling off, sweating during exercise, or just wanting a shower in my more active lifestyle. Pop my pills and done

Thx or sharing. I will be watching my closely.

I have no problems taking pills, but all the different Vitamins and supplements I take is a lot of pills to organize and take and taking 6 less by using patches helps, and I am hoping the slow daily release works.

My test results came back good so I will be staying with them and only need to take Calcium orally

Sent from my SM-T310 using the BariatricPal App

I do the Bariatric Patches also. Had surgery 4 months ago. I use them at night on my tummy or chest. So far they have always stayed on. No low lab values yet so we will see! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I keep forgetting to put them on! Old habits hard to break new habits hard to make. Fooey

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App