Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein

I thought I would post this for all those who are just starting their journey. You can buy whey powder at Wal-Mart very cheaply. You must keep your Protein intake at the top of the food list to be successful in weight loss.

Who is whey Protein for?

Whey protein is ideal for:

• Growing children and teenagers. ADD and ADHD are common childhood "diseases", which many consider to be diseases of sugar addiction. Whey protein helps stabilize children's blood sugar, increases production of feel-good brain chemicals which helps increase mental clarity and focus, and helps prevent and reduce the symptoms of ADD and ADHD.
  • Pregnant or lactating women. Protein is essential for the proper fetal and infant development, particularly brain development, and helps prevent gestational diabetes.
  • Adults. As we get older, our bodies are less efficient at absorbing protein. Whey protein is the most easily absorbed protein available. It will reverse the aging process and rebuild your immune system. You will rarely if ever be sick and you will begin to look and feel years younger.
  • Busy people. The busier you are, the more energy you need. Whey protein helps increase mental and physical energy instantly.
  • Athletes and body builders. It is the most easily and quickly absorbed protein available, for maximum muscle synthesis.

I'm suspecting the chicken flavored Protein can go in Soups, etc.. Why not just drink a chocolate Protein shake (or two) with a banana during the day instead? It's an easy way to get Protein and if you sip the Water fairly heavily during the day, the meal will seem adequate?

Canned fish products like oysters, sardines, tuna, salmon, and herring offer about 20 grams of protein also. You can buy powdered milk and add it to stuff to boost its protein numbers also.

Can you just use it like a broth? Or put it in Soups?

I thought about that. If I mix it up cold and then heat, do you know if it will clump? Other than that, I'm at a loss, unless I could sprinkle if on vegtables, try to dissolve it and then heat.

I thought about that. If I mix it up cold and then heat, do you know if it will clump? Other than that, I'm at a loss, unless I could sprinkle if on vegtables, try to dissolve it and then heat.

whey shouldn't typically clump if you dissolve THEN heat as you suggest. It should be okay that way.

I'm suspecting the chicken flavored Protein can go in Soups, etc.. Why not just drink a chocolate Protein shake (or two) with a banana during the day instead? It's an easy way to get protein and if you sip the Water fairly heavily during the day, the meal will seem adequate?

Canned fish products like oysters, sardines, tuna, salmon, and herring offer about 20 grams of protein also. You can buy powdered milk and add it to stuff to boost its protein numbers also.

I really like the chocolate shake, but I bought the chicken flavor at the same time and don't know what to do with it. I guess I thought I was going to be on liquids alot longer. It may end up in the garbage if I don't find some good way to use it.