Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help when do I know when I'm slightly full?

So I've started puréed foods but I don't know when I'm slightly full. I've been able to eat 2Tbsp of food. I don't want more after that but not sure how I'm supposed to know?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm in England and we don't do ounces. My plan says 1Tbsp of Protein 1 Tbsp of veg and I can pretty much take all of that. I hear people can't even eat that when they start puréed food but I'm not having any problems at the moment.

So if you feel satisfied after 2 tbsp. Then stop. That's how you know. You don't have to push the limits to know. Even now if I eat 2-3 bites of something even if I thought I should be able to eat more--- I stop. I put it away. If I think about it and want to come back to it an hour later then I will. You just have to get used to following your gut. Its hard I understand because mentally you are used to eating so much more. This morning I fixed myself 1/2 cup of oatmeal. Put a little half and half, cinnamon, a dab of brown sugar and fresh strawberries. I was chatting with co workers and eating very tiny spoonfuls trying to appear "normal" and before I knew it, I was over it. It didn't even look like it had been touched in terms of volume but I'm guessing I ate about 1/8th of what was originally there. Its ok. Stop and walk away.

Stick to whatever measurements you have. During the healing process it is hard to know when you should stop because the swelling will continue to change. Once on solid foods you begin to listen to your body more and you will know. I always want one more bite but after taking that one more bite twice now, I hope I don't do it again. I felt so full and uncomfortable. This is a learning process for us all.

Thanks guys this helps.

There are 28.35 grams per ounce.

So I've started puréed foods but I don't know when I'm slightly full. I've been able to eat 2Tbsp of food. I don't want more after that but not sure how I'm supposed to know?

Eat slowly and really pay attention and you will start to know where the fine line between satisfied and one bite too many is.

Some signals for me are: runny nose, sneezing, burping, or just discomfort.

I'm 2 weeks post op and can have mushy foods. I've had 4oz as per my doctor and it goes down fine! Kind of worried about that..,

This is what I'm worried about also. Thought I'd not be able to eat as much.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches