Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September bandsters Progress

I guess everyone is different...I have felt pretty good and really havent felt hungry at all. I guess all doctors put everyone on different diets too. I only had one week of liquids then to mushies and now I am on soft. Soft meaning anything I could eat if I didnt have teeth. This is good cuz there are lots of things to eat now! Part of me doesnt really want to eat because I am so hyped and want to lose.....I feel like starving myself but I know that would be counterproductive so I kind of force myself to eat. My favorite so far has been eggbeaters scrambled eggs with a little low fat cheese on top....they are really good! Good luck to everyone!

I guess everyone is different...I have felt pretty good and really havent felt hungry at all. I guess all doctors put everyone on different diets too. I only had one week of liquids then to mushies and now I am on soft. Soft meaning anything I could eat if I didnt have teeth. This is good cuz there are lots of things to eat now! Part of me doesnt really want to eat because I am so hyped and want to lose.....I feel like starving myself but I know that would be counterproductive so I kind of force myself to eat. My favorite so far has been eggbeaters scrambled eggs with a little low fat cheese on top....they are really good! Good luck to everyone!

Hey cyndymot,

we have the same surgery date, pretty close in age and weight and weight to loose, We will have to keep an eye on each others progress,

I can't beleave you can eat eggs that is pretty good most people cant

handle eggs, I am still on the full liquids and jell-o cream Soups I can't wait for the mushie stage if you can try some Protein Drinks so you can get the Protein you need to keep your strength you need and don't get dehydrated, I just cant get all the fluids they say you are suposed to drink. That is a lot of liquid in one day when your not even hungery.

until next time!

La'Bella - You sound like you are doing great too! I have tried lot of different things and so far I have not had any problems....knock on wood! I have been walking and walking and trying to do something active every day. It seems like I lose a few pounds every day or so. I am happy with that ....as long as it keeps up! What Protein Drink do you use? I bought some powdered whey Protein but it made me gag from the taste....i need to go to GNC and hopefully find one that doesnt take like crap!

La'Bella - You sound like you are doing great too! I have tried lot of different things and so far I have not had any problems....knock on wood! I have been walking and walking and trying to do something active every day. It seems like I lose a few pounds every day or so. I am happy with that ....as long as it keeps up! What Protein drink do you use? I bought some powdered whey Protein but it made me gag from the taste....i need to go to GNC and hopefully find one that doesnt take like crap!

I found one at Wal-Mart that tastes really good. I have tried many Protein drinks and this was by far the best! It is called Body Fortress Whey Protein I get the chocolate flavor and add lots of crushed ice and sugar free Chocolate Syrup with fat free milk. Put it in the blender for about 2-3 minutes and it tastes like a frappacinno from Star Bucks! Plus it has 46 grams of protein in it! If you try it let me know what you think! :( Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for the info....I am definitely going to try that one! Gotta find one that gets me the protein! I'll let you know how it goes!

I bought the vanilla whey Protein at Walmart, I add a scoop of it, 1-2 scoops of breyers choc no fat ice cream and 1/2 to 1 cup of skim milk and blend. I think it is great. i heard the choc Protein was awful. I am going to add it also to oatmeal and pudding

That's too funny! I actually heard the vanilla was bad! LOL! :biggrin1: That's why I have stuck to the chocolate! I really do love the chocolate, but I might try the vanilla some time! :rose:

good luck hd ! I finally lost another three pounds! I cant seem to get away from the scales, it doesnt discourage me just makes me MAD and more determined. I keep walking and walking so I tell myself I must be getting some muscle weight in here somewhere. LOL. I can tell now in my clothes and my face... cant wait to get the first fill. I am not always hungry but I still want to eat! I am starting to care less what I eat though. That is wonderful. the 1/2 cup limit is really hard, I cheated yesterday with a taco bell cheesey beef... no rice. they didnt put very much meat in it so it was okay, just chewed a few bites of the soft tortilla. Figured after a fill I might not be able to have that tortillia without some problems. it was a nice treat, nice to be able to go thru a drive thru again. Still, not a choice I will be making very often. How is everyone else doing ? Love to hear how you are doing with this new way of eating and your problems.

I got my band in Acuna Mexico this past Friday:biggrin1:. It is all going very well except I have some shoulder pain. It was not as bad as I expected. I am so happy I could dance! Good luck to all you October bandsters!

Cleone :biggrin1::);):)

Haven't been on the board for awhile just wondering how everyone is? It has been almost 4 weeks since being banded. Last week I gained 3 pounds and was very upset. I felt like a failure. But this week I have seemed to lose a bit. I am hungry again but I do find I am eating a little less. I am getting my first fill this friday and I cant wait.

I am so envious of all of you! I have to wait until December for my first fill! Let me know how they go. Do your drs do them flora or just with the needle and sip test?

pooh - I will sip and eat a cracker is what I have heard for the fills. Next tuesday, cant wait. Go to my first support meeting monday night. I can eat more than I want right now. I am trying real hard to eat 1/2 cup and not drink. The not drinking is the worst part to me.

:bounce:I dont expect to have a good restriction the first fill. Still... better than before banding. Keep losing everyone.

Exactly Teresa - you won't have complete restriction the first fill but it will help you get there. I am still losing, so it isn't so bad. Just the thought of waiting until December gets me down! Good luck with your fill!