Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 22nd Sleevers

HW:257

SDW: 248

Hello All 9/22 sleevers! I had my surgery at about 10:30AM and was discharged around 5:30PM. I have had some pain but I have pushed myself to walk quite a bit since being released because I want to get rid of the pain as quickly as possible. It was a struggle sipping Water and doing the breathing treatments to prevent pneumonia, but the nurses were surprised by how well I was walking around the hospital. I have also been peeing constantly (roughly every 15-30) mins so my sleep schedule is pretty messed up. My husband has been a great help. My apartment is on the 3rd floor and I had to climb 3 flights of stairs and had everyone worried, but it didn't even bother me because I was so focused on getting in the house before having an accident lol. I am able to go back to eating what I was eating on the liquid diet besides the Protein shakes starting the day after surgery. I missed my sugar-free popsicles today. How is everyone else recovering?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@blackbenzjeep@yahoo.com my surgeon suggested I sip Water as much as I can and walk as much as I can. I had to walk 6 laps around the hospital floor before they would even discharge me the same day and I've been walking whenever I'm awake at home. My husband didn't want me outside just yet so I just walk in circles around my home for 20 mins each time. The more you walk, the easier your recovery because you are trying to get rid of all the gas in your stomach from surgery. Sipping helps before you walk because it helps you burp which pushes the gas out of you. Hope this helps and congrats on your new journey!

HW:257

SDW: 248

Hello All 9/22 sleevers! I had my surgery at about 10:30AM and was discharged around 5:30PM. I have had some pain but I have pushed myself to walk quite a bit since being released because I want to get rid of the pain as quickly as possible. It was a struggle sipping Water and doing the breathing treatments to prevent pneumonia, but the nurses were surprised by how well I was walking around the hospital. I have also been peeing constantly (roughly every 15-30) mins so my sleep schedule is pretty messed up. My husband has been a great help. My apartment is on the 3rd floor and I had to climb 3 flights of stairs and had everyone worried, but it didn't even bother me because I was so focused on getting in the house before having an accident lol. I am able to go back to eating what I was eating on the liquid diet besides the Protein shakes starting the day after surgery. I missed my sugar-free popsicles today. How is everyone else recovering?

Band to Sleeve revision on the 2nd of Sept. so today is my post op day 22. I too had to climb stairs on the day I came home. I don't ever remember it lol, as I did everything in a daze that day. I had it done outpatient, check in at 5 am, surgery at 7am, released at 4 pm. Recovery has been good. Only tough day was the when I first woke up after surgery, and I felt like I got ran over by a truck or two or three. Day 2 I slept all day. Thanks for asking. :)

@ you're recovery sounds similar to mine. I literally felt like I had been stabbed and then run over by a truck. Today (my day after) I have been sleeping, sipping, doing breathing treatments and walking. I'm ver nauseous today and sore on my left side, but otherwise I'm ok. Did you have a lot of nausea? Thanks for responding!

@ you're recovery sounds similar to mine. I literally felt like I had been stabbed and then run over by a truck. Today (my day after) I have been sleeping, sipping, doing breathing treatments and walking. I'm ver nauseous today and sore on my left side, but otherwise I'm ok. Did you have a lot of nausea? Thanks for responding!

*I meant your recovery

*I meant your recovery

No, but only because I told them that I have a history of being nauseous, motion sickness, car sickness, boat sickness, you name it hehe. What they did was prescribe me Ondansetron (dissolve in mouth tablets) so I took that every 4-6 hrs or as needed. It really really helped.

*I meant your recovery

No, but only because I told them that I have a history of being nauseous, motion sickness, car sickness, boat sickness, you name it hehe. What they did was prescribe me Ondansetron (dissolve in mouth tablets) so I took that every 4-6 hrs or as needed. It really really helped.
I have those as well. I still have about 3 hours before I can take another

*I meant your recovery

I have those as well. I still have about 3 hours before I can take another

Ah kk, that sucks. I hope you feel better soon... To me, nothing is worse than nausea :(.

Tiff, have you tried the Scop Patches (put it behind the ear)? I just saw it in the thread and it reminded me what they gave me before I entered surgery. It was for nausea. Maybe that'll work better. Just a thought.

~Sai

Tiff, have you tried the Scop Patches (put it behind the ear)? I just saw it in the thread and it reminded me what they gave me before I entered surgery. It was for nausea. Maybe that'll work better. Just a thought.

~Sai

Hello Sai, yep I have one of those on as well lol

~Sai

Hello Sai, yep I have one of those on as well lol

Lol ah man... Okay.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App