Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So i understand that stalls are normal and im trying to not bug out because this aint my first one i have a stall for about 2 weeks then in breaks one week and stall again 2 weeks but this is my 3rd week going on 4th and ive only been sleeved for just over 3 months its getting frustrating and no matter what i try nothing breaks it....just dont get why im having so many so soon and i feel like i have ways to go..............discouraging

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

it can drive you MAD can't it? honestly I was crazy frustrated until I got to a certain point in my weight loss before I could relax and know for sure that it would keep going once the stall was done.

how long ago was your surgery? what are your stats? how are you doing with drinking and getting Protein? try to focus on the things you can control rather than the scale (I know it is hard)

I agree it is frustrating but even a stall is so much better than gaining, which I would do before WLzs as soon as I even thought of cheating.

I just completed another stall and cringed getting on the scale another week anticipating no change. What a great uplift when it showed 3 LBS DOWN.

Well life goes on.

Sent from my SM-T310 using the BariatricPal App

Yes it is very frustrated. I know why we have the stalls but I am getting very discouraged by them. In the 6 month since my surgeries I seem to have had lot of stalls. I had my 6 month followup in July and my 9 months is due at the end of Oct. It is going on 8 weeks since my 6 month followup and I am not really happy with 9 pounds gone in 8 weeks. Am seriously thinking of just doing liquid Proteins this weekend to see if I can't get out of this latest stall.

If you are going to let the numbers on the scale drive you crazy and dictate how you feel the please STAY OFF THE scale.< /p>

Agree 100%. Mine is in the closet and comes out weekly. I'm going on a 7 week business trip starting next Wednesday and hope my apartment does not have a scale at all!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

it can drive you MAD can't it? honestly I was crazy frustrated until I got to a certain point in my weight loss before I could relax and know for sure that it would keep going once the stall was done.

how long ago was your surgery? what are your stats? how are you doing with drinking and getting Protein? try to focus on the things you can control rather than the scale (I know it is hard)

I had surgery 6/13 sw 227 cw 175 and that was lost in the 1st 2 months now my 3rd month i havent seeb the scale move in 3 weeks i get 60 grams of Protein per day i eat somewhere between 500-800 calories i drink about 60-70 oz Water and i work out 5 days a week burning about 400 or so calories each day i am happy about my lifestyle change just cant seem the shake this stall

If you are going to let the numbers on the scale drive you crazy and dictate how you feel then please STAY OFF THE scale.< /p>

I weigh myself once a week and havent gotten no results in 3 almost 4 weeks so thats all im saying is its frustrating but your right i probably should just not weigh at all because the numbers do mess with me

Yes it is very frustrated. I know why we have the stalls but I am getting very discouraged by them. In the 6 month since my surgeries I seem to have had lot of stalls. I had my 6 month followup in July and my 9 months is due at the end of Oct. It is going on 8 weeks since my 6 month followup and I am not really happy with 9 pounds gone in 8 weeks. Am seriously thinking of just doing liquid Proteins this weekend to see if I can't get out of this latest stall.

How much have you lost so far total

I agree it is frustrating but even a stall is so much better than gaining, which I would do before WLzs as soon as I even thought of cheating.

I just completed another stall and cringed getting on the scale another week anticipating no change. What a great uplift when it showed 3 LBS DOWN.

Well life goes on.

Sent from my SM-T310 using the BariatricPal App

See i iust want that uplift to know that im not going to stop right here but its weird its like a floating lb so ill see 175 today and then 174 next week and then 175 again grrrrr....i know why it happens just cant wait to get past this one

I would say your 500 calories days are way to low especially when you're working out - and might need to try to up the Protein and calories a bit.

that being said, I lost pretty steady on until 4 months (stopping here or there but less than a week) - then stalled for TWO MONTHS. and now loosing again, slowly, but I'm loosing. your body has a lot to adjust to and the stalls may be due to not enough calories/protein, but could just as easily be your body doing other things which is all a part of the process. At this point I know that before surgery during that two month stall I would have gained back what I lost instead of holding steady but I just kept following the plan and knew eventually the scale would have to give way.

I had surgery 6/13 sw 227 cw 175 and that was lost in the 1st 2 months now my 3rd month i havent seeb the scale move in 3 weeks i get 60 grams of Protein per day i eat somewhere between 500-800 calories i drink about 60-70 oz Water and i work out 5 days a week burning about 400 or so calories each day i am happy about my lifestyle change just cant seem the shake this stall

Both your protein and calories seem really low.

I know it is counterintuitive, but not eating enough can slow your weight loss as much as eating too much.

I remember when you told me this the first time I was experiencing a stall and I would just think "how can she expect me to "embrace" it!?". I am so thankful now because I only understood the meaning of it now that it's over.

We panic so much but there is no need to. There is a lot your body is catching up with or preparing for in the background while you think the process has "stalled". It hasn't. It's working in the background. Just hang on there.

I remember when you told me this the first time I was experiencing a stall and I would just think "how can she expect me to "embrace" it!?". I am so thankful now because I only understood the meaning of it now that it's over.

We panic so much but there is no need to. There is a lot your body is catching up with or preparing for in the background while you think the process has "stalled". It hasn't. It's working in the background. Just hang on there.

Thank you

Both your protein and calories seem really low.

I know it is counterintuitive, but not eating enough can slow your weight loss as much as eating too much.

What does your daily meals and routine look like

So i understand that stalls are normal and im trying to not bug out because this aint my first one i have a stall for about 2 weeks then in breaks one week and stall again 2 weeks but this is my 3rd week going on 4th and ive only been sleeved for just over 3 months its getting frustrating and no matter what i try nothing breaks it....just dont get why im having so many so soon and i feel like i have ways to go..............discouraging

I'm just like you. I'm 4 months post op and currently on a 1 month stall. I actually posted something very similar the other day ;) This week I've been working on upping my Protein and Water... hopefully soon I'll see some weight loss. But I understand how frustrating it is. When we take such an extreme measure to lose weight and all of a sudden the loss stops, it's horribly disheartening. I've been depressed quite a bit, but I keep praying it will pick up again soon. Stay strong, sister!