Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Total Meltdown; Pray For Hubby

I cannot take a bite of food without hubbie standing over me; "you're eating too fast";" I hope that is the right consistency"';"that is not what the information says you should be doing". WTF AM SUPPOSED TO DO. If he could, I would be eating from an eye dropper. This is what I have had today. 1/2 c of coffee over 30 minutes time; it was way too cold by the time I got to the "good to the last drop". Had such a small amount of chicken broth, it was bearely visiable in the bowl. I wish I had some of those little pill cups they use in the hospital to put my rations in.

If my sister in laws call one more time and ask; Is she hungry??? What did she eat today??? You mean she had a drop of chicken broth and a spoon of Jello and she is not hungry???

I had my band on the 27th. The day surgery turned out to be 4 days and 4 nights in the hospital. They had to repair a hytial hernia. It was as big as the grand canyon, but then of course big girls do not have henias the size of a leak in a bike tire. We go for the grand canyon. My doctor said if he had hollered into it, there would have been an echo. Well, excuse me.

Because of the trama of the grand canyon getting repaired, the swelling caused my band to slip. And this was DAY 1. Nothing would go past the band. DAY 2 they tried to get past the band twice and nothing. We are stuck. Well by this point, I am pucking up the most funky stuff that has ever been inside a human being.

DAY THREE ; 2.5 hours of surgery to find out WTF is going on. When I woke, I felt like I had been hit by an 18 wheeler.

DAY FOUR; I go down for a barium swallow test and God Almight, I hit a grand slam home run. Everything is moving right along. HOWEVER, because of the trama, I must spend the night in the hospital once more.

DAY FIVE; Nurse comes in and tells me that my potassium is too low and they cannot let me go home once more. I looked Nurse Ratchet in the eye and I said "Like Hell. Whatever you are going to give me, I will take it at home." Two hours later, Nurse Ratchet informs me that they were successful in bringing up my levels. If I had the strength, I would dance.

So, then i was sitting there waiting for hubby to arrive and my dand gum IV starts beeping. I call Nurse Ratchet. She informs me she will be right in. After 15 minutes of waiting and listening to the beep, beep, beep, I get up, unplug the IV from the wall and start down the hall, all the time pushing this beeping IV pole and trying my best to hold the open in the back gown across my big #$%. Oh, did I add that I was bawling. The nurses are sitting at my destination writting in charts, IGNORING ME!!!! Finally one of them come up to me and says "May I Help you???". She fixes the problem and I return to my ward.

Fifteen minutes, the IV starts beeping again. I buzz for the nurse and they assured me they would be right in. Fifteen minutes passes. I get up, unplugg the IV again and disconect it from my arm. I take the beeping IV and set it in the hallway and close the door. So, I guess I told them who was the boss.

When hubby got there, he went to see the director of nursing and she came up to see me. After she left my room, hubby went to the nursing station for a cup of coffee and he told me the director had the nurses in an office, and she was waving her arms so much, she looked like a line judge at the Super Bowl.

So, is it any wonder I had a nuclear fusion. I hope when I get to be 130 pounds, this will be funny.help.gif discuss.gif

edit.gif delete.gif

LinkBacks Enabled by

vBSEO 3.0.0

_uacct = "UA-1855937-1";urchinTracker();

OMGosh! I am so sorry this happened to you!! I hope you are well on the road to recovery and 130 lbs. I can't even tell you how much I hate hospitals because of incidents like that. I actually went code blue because nurses were ignoring my call button after my thyroid surgery. I know they must get a lot of annoying people buzzing it for nothing serious, but how would they know if they don't investigate?!?

Take your hubby's advice, it is great that he loves you enough to worry about you (I have one of those too) -- just take as much Water as you can, but don't push anything.

Oh Clara!!

I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time!! :kiss2:

They sent me home with a few of those little pill cups. Your hubby sounds like he needs something to do - send him down to a local deli or restaurant and ask them for a few of the little cups they use for salad dressing/condiments. Those aren't much bigger than a pill cup. Or tell him to go steal a few caps off Nyquil bottles at CVS - lol!

That beeping IV was such a pain in the ass!! I found the "silence" button on mine and pushed it liberally the few times the nurses weren't attentive enough - lol!

You've been through a huge ordeal and I'm sure he's just worried about you!! Make sure you are getting enough Water - first and foremost! The sodium in the broth and caffeine in the coffee will dehydrate you quicker so - drink drink drink!!

I got some PROPEL fitness water yesterday - made by Gatorade. It's really good (I like the grape) and might help hydrate you a little faster.

Candle---thanks for the advise and the encouragement. That is a good idea about the little deli cups for dressing. We will get them.

I just went and got some Water. I have to be reminded about that. I know hubby is doing the best he can. He tends to "mother hen" me to death. I know my meltdown was just an accumlation of the past week. I tend to let things build up and then POW---it all comes out.

How are you doing. I was thinking about you during the week. I think it is amazing that total strangers can form a bond that is so strong and we understand everything the other is going through. Thanks for being there.

Tomorrow is another day. I think I will try to get out of house. I was a recluse today.

Talk later, hugs, hugs, hugs

Oh Clara,

I hope things are getting better. I feel so bad for you. My husband keeps telling me that I am tired because I can't get anything down. I have been very nauseous. I could barely get enough Water in. All my sister in laws want to know is how much did you lose? Not, are you feeling ok, need anything!

I will say my prayers for you tonight and hang in there!

Jody

LadyBug--where would we be with sister in laws. When did you have your surgery? Physically, I feel fine. Not even as sore as I was yesterday. I hope you feel better soon.

Claramae..... Wow, you sure did have one of those "Everything that could go wrong" surgeries... Happy to hear that you are doing better now that you are home from that wicked hospital.....

However, I do have to Thank You for the laughs... I was laughing so hard and loud reading your story, my hubby was wondering what the heck was so funny... I had told him about you before, cause I wanted him to know that other husbands help their wives do most everything around the house like he does. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing for you from now on....

Anyway thanks again for the laughs...

Jack--If I was not so sore I would dance like that. But I am afraid if I move too much, the band would slide down into the Grand Canyon.

Nicnaknut--I have learned that if we do not laugh at ourselves, we would cry our eyes out.

Yes, I guess reading back, it kind of funny. However, that is totally out of character for me to act like that. I am usually a push over and never ever push the envelope. But when you push a big hungry gal in the corner, this is what you get.

I appreciate your words of encouragement. Tomorrow is a new day. God only knows what he will throw our way, but with His help, we will get through it. Talk later,

The rest of your post sounds like a nightmare, and I'm just glad you're finally OUT OF THERE!!!

But for the beginning.. I remember posting the first couple weeks, how my DH and mom were always saying things about how I ate.. they were apologetiz about eating food, always making comments to me, asking me if I was doing everything right everytime I sat down to eat, etc.. It drove me nuts.. BUT THE GOOD NEWS.. they finally stopped!!!

And lucky for me (or maybe not, time will tell), my DH forgot most the rules, so he no longer tries to correct me if I do something I'm not suppose to.

He just loves you, baby--and this must be how he's reacting to the stress of you having surgery. Was he this way when you had babies?

I enjoyed reading your post. Any woman who gets up and unplugs her own IV is my kind of gal!

Darr

"Hunny, I know you are trying to take care of me, and I know that everything you are doing is out of love, but if you don't back off just a little bit, I am going to snap and I'll probably bite your head off. And telling your sister to quick calling so much to find out how much I'm eating would be a really good start."

I don't think that's an unreasonable thing to say to your husband. They do tend to pick at us at times, especially when they are scared, which I'm sure he is/was after your stressful ordeal. If your husband understands the obesity monster at all it might do some good to explain you are going to be going through kind of a 'withdrawal' over the next few weeks, just as a warning. My husband is Mr. Twigman so he didn't understand it all until I compared it to his love of beer. heh.

I am so sorry that you have been thru such an ordeal. I hope things settle down for you now and you can concentrate on a speedy recovery. My DH is also lecturing me constantly but I figure he must care about me or he wouldn't bother.

I will be praying for you that all goes forward from here. Take really good care of yourself and write when you can. Huggs.

shelli:ranger:

I was at an Asian store the other day and saw little itty bitty plastic silverware. They are just like regular plastic spoons and forks but tiny. They are bandster size. I bought all they had and each time I meet a newbie I give them a package of them. They were less than a dollar each for a bag of about 20.

I would have hubby go hunt for those. By the time he finds them you WILL be 130lbs! :rolleyes: Might give you a bit of peace for a while since it is unlikely he will find them. Heh.

As for the amount of food that makes you full, just get used to it. People are amazed at the quantities of food we eat... or don't eat. It will happen today and 6 months from today. The only thing I won't EVER do again is have dinner with a bunch of newbies that will be banded the next day. Learned my lesson on THAT one! They don't eat their own food, they just sat and stared at me eating mine. They hyperfocus on what I order, how big my bites are, how many times I chew... kinda like a fish in a glass bowl sort of feeling. Yeah, I'll never put myself in that position again. :)

When I am nervous or stressed I can't eat. The last place I want to get stuck, slime, and barf is in front of a group of people having surgery the following day.