Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm in Onederland today!

I am so excited! I had the DS on April 27, 2016 with a starting weight of 267 at 5'2" tall. Today I weigh 198! I don't think I've been under 200 lbs in over 27 years!

My highest ever weight was 320. I just had to share my excitement! I just turned 49 a few weeks ago and I'm wishing I would have done this years ago.

It is wonderful to bypass the plus size section of the store and actually shop the non plus women's section!

I've been diagnosed type 2 diabetic since 2003 and since I was discharged from the hospital I have been off all diabetes meds (Metformin, Amaryl and Victoza), off blood pressure meds and off cholesterol meds. My last A1C was 5.5 and before surgery was 9.7. Cholesterol before surgery was 168 and now is 125. My blood pressure is normal. My 3 month labs were great. I'll be having 6 month labs next month.

I told my surgeon even if I didn't lose any weight just having the improved health and labs was definitely worth it!

The best part of this journey is going through it with my new husband. He started at 397 lbs and had the DS January 25th. He's lost 140lbs so far and his labs are great as well. We were married in June of this year. It does make meal planning much easier with both of us with the same eating plan. We both feel we've been given a new lease on life and haven't felt this good since our early 20's!

If you're just starting your journey, congratulations on your decision to improve your health and your life!

Renee

Renee

Congratulations on your new way of life and recent marriage. You are both doing well with your weight loss and getting off the meds. Things are already getting better for the both of you and I am sure will continue to do so as long as you continue to work the program. Having support from each other is a wonderful thing. I'd still be married to this day if I had a husband who was as willing to change his life for the better along with me. Hold on tight to each other and you will have a wonderful thinner life together

Congrats on your success so far

This is a great milestone and glad you and your husband are supporting each other through this journey together.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by RJC5197

Congrats! Reaching that milestone is major. You should be very proud! ????

That is so fantastic!

Most excellent!!! WTG!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@Reneekam

YAY!!!! Congratulations to both you and your husband. I sometimes wish that every morbidly obese person would just have a few days in the healthy zone to see what they are truly missing.

I wish I had not been so scared, I should have done it 10 years sooner. But I am beyond grateful now!

Take care and keep us posted!

Congratulations :) ;) :P :D :lol: B) :rolleyes: B) ;-)

Congratulations on your fantastic success!

make it a great day

Congrats!

Wow, Renee this is so inspirational! Thanks for sharing. I am about 6 months out from my DS but I am looking forward to the day I can join you in onederland!​!

First off, congrats to both you and your husband! You're both doing awesome. Second, you are a real inspiration to me. I am 47 and am just starting this journey. Hearing stories like yours really helps.