Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved yesterday. How are other's doing?

Hey- I was sleeved in the 13th and other than being tired and sore, im a-okay!! I was very happy to have a premier shake on day 5. It felt like a meal! I can't wait to be healed. I def need a week of rest and couple weeks of taking it easy. But in good!

Hi. I was sleeved yesterday and I am now home resting. I had a bit of a time waking up from anesthesia. No vomiting, but I had nausea. How are other new sleevers doing? I can't believe it!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi.. I had mine yesterday too. Arrival to home in 20hrs. All going very well. All liquids stayed down. No sickness and pain ok. I'm planning for the pain over the next few days as the body adjusts from the surgery. But the various drugs will help with that

My liquids are lined up for variety.....

Milk ( some hot as latte)

Water

Lemon tea

Jasmine tea

Milk shakes

Soup

Bovril

All in all we have done a great thing. I Continue to be excited about the future.

I'm sorry. My mom has breast cancer, it was part of the reason I got so overweight. It sucks.

I loved myself at my size, but knew it was bad for my health - tired of not being able to park on the 4th and 5th floor of the parking deck and having to worry about getting back up the stairs, tired of the plantar fasciitis pain in my feet.

I'm sure it gets easier. ❤

13 years ago when I got married, I was a beautiful girl at 120 lbs. I just can't believe I gained 100 lbs. my mom wanted me to have the surgery, which is why I did not cancel. She was dxed shortly before my surgery date.

I got tired of having to buy bigger and bigger clothes, being uncomfortable in my own skin and knowing that someday it would all catch with me. I was healthy but in 10 years, at 50? I probably wouldn't be. Plus I have the sweetest 9 year old son I want to keep up with.

Sorry about your mom. It is the hardest thing to see our parents age and get sick. :/

I think some people's bodies go into shock. Weight loss doesn't happen because they go into starvation mode. Stay the course, I'm sure it will come!!

Thanks, and believe me, I am starving, which is probably why I am not losing weight. I hate every single food on my list right now. Right now I just hate everything- I hate feeling sore, I hate the time I have taken away from my young son because I have been recovering. When I think about how I let a surgeon take 85% of my stomach out, I want to throw up. It seems so barbaric. I wish I had tried harder to lose this weight on my own or love myself no matter what what size. I wish I could rewind time and cancel my surgery. Plus my mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer recently and I just couldn't have done this at a worse time.

I'm really struggling.

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a rotten time I'm curious to know what sort of preparation you had before surgery? I hope things improve for you soon

Sent from my iPod touch using the BariatricPal App

The 2 week pre op diet, plus I had filled out paperwork 3 times in 2 years and chickened out, until now. I watched seminars on you tube, refused to listened to any naysayers who had regrets. I hated myself fat. Until my 30's, I had always been fit, a woman that people looked at when she walked in a room. I loved my shopping too! After over a decade of gaining and gaining, trying every diet out there, my whole family decided this would be best. I gained 60 pounds during my pregnancy and lost it and then some so easily! Around my mid 30's was when I started to use food for comfort. I put on 50 pounds between 2009-2011 and then more and more, averaging 10-12 lbs a year.

I'm sure 3 months out I will feel differently. There's just so much going on right now- so many emotions- the shock of my mother's diagnosis (she always took such good care of herself, including her weight).

I guess I just thought that by 2 weeks post op, I would be feeling great and I'm not. Unrealistic expectations, I guess.

Hello. I am new to this site. I was sleeved on Friday the 16th. I have so far had great recovery. No nausea, no gas pain. I stayed overnight in the hospital because that's what my Dr requires, but other than abdominal pain at the incision sites, I feel great. I have not had any problems tolerating my liquids. I am already drinking my Protein shakes with no problem. I almost feel like I could eat food but of course would not do that. It's great so far not being hungry. I only had to do liquid diet for one week prior to surgery and was down 8 lbs on surgery date. I also am a former lap bander that had to be removed due to slippage. I was banded in 2010 and it was removed 2014. I lost 60 lbs with band and gained it all back in the 2 yrs it has been removed. I hope and pray I have good results with the sleeve.

Hello. I am new to this site. I was sleeved on Friday the 16th. I have so far had great recovery. No nausea, no gas pain. I stayed overnight in the hospital because that's what my Dr requires, but other than abdominal pain at the incision sites, I feel great. I have not had any problems tolerating my liquids. I am already drinking my Protein shakes with no problem. I almost feel like I could eat food but of course would not do that. It's great so far not being hungry. I only had to do liquid diet for one week prior to surgery and was down 8 lbs on surgery date. I also am a former lap bander that had to be removed due to slippage. I was banded in 2010 and it was removed 2014. I lost 60 lbs with band and gained it all back in the 2 yrs it has been removed. I hope and pray I have good results with the sleeve.

Wow! No gas pain, you're so lucky! I am still trying to get all the gas out.

Browneyedgirl41 my surgery was sept 7 th and for a week I said this was the stupidest thing I've ever done because I felt so poorly and depressed , but thank goodness that feeling has left me it's probably the effects of surgery. You will also feel better soon I'm sure. We have so much to learn forward to now

I'm sorry about your mum that is making you feel down for sure

Big hugs to you

I think some people's bodies go into shock. Weight loss doesn't happen because they go into starvation mode. Stay the course, I'm sure it will come!!

Thanks, and believe me, I am starving, which is probably why I am not losing weight. I hate every single food on my list right now. Right now I just hate everything- I hate feeling sore, I hate the time I have taken away from my young son because I have been recovering. When I think about how I let a surgeon take 85% of my stomach out, I want to throw up. It seems so barbaric. I wish I had tried harder to lose this weight on my own or love myself no matter what what size. I wish I could rewind time and cancel my surgery. Plus my mom was diagnosed with ovarian cancer recently and I just couldn't have done this at a worse time.

I'm really struggling.

Just think when your son is older you can be more active and be healthy for him. Try not to focus on all the negatives at this time and think about long term. You will get there. Sorry about your mom. That's tough.

I was sleeved on 9/13 and came home 9/15. I have a had quite a bit of gas issues but the constant walking has helped; I have also had bm today (hallelujah ????????) I was on full liquids once I got home so a lot of creamed Soup and Protein Drinks. I have lost 14 lbs since day of surgery. I feel good but still a little sore when I try to do too much.

I know it will all be worth it!!

I was sleeved on Monday (9/12) and went home from the hospital on Wednesday afternoon (9/14). I wanted to go home earlier but my surgeon felt it was important to make sure my pain was well controlled and I was well hydrated before I went home. I am feeling more normal today (post op day 6) eating pureed foods and drinking a lot of Water. My surgeon was pretty aggressive with staring pureed, I actually had my first meal for dinner the day after surgery. Energy is coming back and fewer pain meds needed throughout the day!

I remember feeling very unsure about my decision to have the sleeve the day following my surgery......the gas pain was much more than I had anticipated and I couldn't get anything down. I, like many others, had a hiatal hernia repaired and didn't even want to drink Water.

I was puffy and swollen and gained some weight during surgery. And everything hurt......it all seemed a little bleak.

I am now 4 1/2 weeks post surgery and feel amazing. My energy level is almost back to normal, nothing hurts, I've lost about 23 pounds and I feel like this forum has been a lifesaver and offers realistic support.

As bad as you feel now just remember all the reasons you decided to have the surgery. Stay connected with all the amazing people on this site. In a couple of weeks life will be brighter, your energy level will improve, the surgery sites will be healing and you'll feel like a new person.

Feeling good and making your health a priority will give you the strength you need to handle all the other things going on in your life. You'll have more energy and time spent with your son will be good quality ......plus taking care of your health will mean you'll be around for your son and your Mom in all the best ways.

I was sleeved on Monday (9/12) and went home from the hospital on Wednesday afternoon (9/14). I wanted to go home earlier but my surgeon felt it was important to make sure my pain was well controlled and I was well hydrated before I went home. I am feeling more normal today (post op day 6) eating pureed foods and drinking a lot of Water. My surgeon was pretty aggressive with staring pureed, I actually had my first meal for dinner the day after surgery. Energy is coming back and fewer pain meds needed throughout the day!

Wow. I was 9/15 ... I can't even think of solid food (although I was tempted to pur the lasagna my husband had for dinner in the blender). I'm choking down water, but can't get enough even sipping all day. I'm so glad you're doing well, and your surgeon seems awesome with the pain control and actual food. Congrats and best wishes to you!

Wow. I was 9/15 ... I can't even think of solid food (although I was tempted to pur the lasagna my husband had for dinner in the blender). I'm choking down Water, but can't get enough even sipping all day. I'm so glad you're doing well, and your surgeon seems awesome with the pain control and actual food. Congrats and best wishes to you!

LOL, my husband had lasagne for dinner tonight too- and it smelled AMAZING! I went upstairs with my water...

Wow. I was 9/15 ... I can't even think of solid food (although I was tempted to pur the lasagna my husband had for dinner in the blender). I'm choking down Water, but can't get enough even sipping all day. I'm so glad you're doing well, and your surgeon seems awesome with the pain control and actual food. Congrats and best wishes to you!
LOL, my husband had lasagne for dinner tonight too- and it smelled AMAZING! I went upstairs with my water...
Torture....

Kjcor. That's great you are on puréed food that soon. I totally feel like I could eat purée now at 3 days out. I know all surgeons have different plans, and I would love to hear more about your surgeons reasoning about starting purée sooner than usually allowed.