Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well- definitely NOT covered

Was hoping that the new insurance coverage we start on Oct 1 would POSSIBLY cover a little bit of plastics- nope. Not even on the case of rashes. They are VERY specific! Guess it's out of pocket all the way. Good thing I'm a way off from it lol. Time to save!

post-284996-14738563941128_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@LisaMergs Mine's very specific too. Explicitly states it doesn't cover skin removal as a result of weight loss.

I think I'm going to start a political lobby. Seriously. I need something to do- that is meaningful and has impact. I've been excellent at rallying groups and troupes on the past for a myriad of things. Why not this???

Off to begin research....

I'm in the same boat, Lisa. I'm hoping to get mine done next year, but it'll be tight coming up with that kind of cash in one lump sum.

WLS and it's related expenses gives us a whole new perspective on having to wait patiently. But still, I count myself extremely lucky that I was able to have the RNY for a total of $250.

OK, that sucks.

They seriously don't cover speech therapy for kids, though? Wtf.

Mine doesn't have mental health coverage, though.. I shouldn't be surprised.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

Yes, I was really surprised to see they don't cover speech therapy for kids.

My husband started with the company back in July. He's the #2 guy there, right behind the COO, and believe me, I will be all over this once he is further settled in...companies can choose what they want covered, or, in this case, not. I'm not happy with this...

OK, that sucks.

They seriously don't cover speech therapy for kids, though? Wtf.

Mine doesn't have mental health coverage, though.. I shouldn't be surprised.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

Yes, I was really surprised to see they don't cover speech therapy for kids.

My husband started with the company back in July. He's the #2 guy there, right behind the COO, and believe me, I will be all over this once he is further settled in...companies can choose what they want covered, or, in this case, not. I'm not happy with this...

Yes, companies have the choice on what exclusions to be added to the policy, unfortunately with the skyrocketing policy costs (especially with the implementation of ObamaCare) they have been forced to add more exclusions, higher co-pays and deductible just to offer reasonable cost coverage that won't affect their bottom line. With that said some companies will offer a different tier coverage for upper management.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mine didn't cover my plastics either... It has very strict guidelines like the pannus must hit below the pubic bone (mine didn't) and things like that. Rashes, etc didn't change that.

Mine didn't cover my plastics either... It has very strict guidelines like the pannus must hit below the pubic bone (mine didn't) and things like that. Rashes, etc didn't change that.

I'd be attaching weights under that pannus to get the required droop!

I was out of pocket for my sleeve... $11,111. What does a full body lift usually run?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

I was talking to someone who had the RNY and she is ready for plastics. She said to get everything done - all around the world TT, arms and boobs costs about $35,000. She thought it was going to be more. Uuuummmm...Any good plastic surgeons in Mexico? LOL!

I have my consults Oct 5. I need to get a handle on the costs.

Thinking by next April I can start.

Husband couldn't care less if I had anything done. But I know he won't let me take money from savings to pay for it- so it's all going to be on me. Hrupmph.

I think I'll start with the girls

My TT arm lift and Breast lift w implants was $23K all done at once so I saved $ that way

My TT arm lift and Breast lift w implants was $23K all done at once so I saved $ that way

Ouch. Which area was the most painful? I've been reading about something called a reverse Tummy Tuck. Have any of you heard of this? Apparently it's for people who have the most skin above their bellybutton and what they do is create an incision under each breast and pull and lift the skin up this way. The pain after and recovery from this procedure is supposedly much easier than traditional. They can also do muscle repair at the same time.

You don't need a new bellybutton created for you and often times they can use some of the leftover fat or tissues to create larger or fuller breasts. Again, this is not for people who use excess skin is below the belly button. There are a select few plastic surgeons in the country that do this procedure, but the knowledge of it is becoming more widespread.

@@LisaMergs

I am right there with you and let me tell you, when that weight comes off and you realize that all that loose skin is pulling on your body, plastics is a must. At least for me it is. I started with a 5950.00 Brachioplasty and I just took a 19 week project to cover the cost of my Abdominalplasty and breast lift with augmentation. That surgery is going to cost around 18K total.....

I started my new project yesterday and I swear as every hour goes by I have a secret smile on my face knowing that I just paid for part of my surgery.

I think it stinks that insurance does not cover any of it. For Peres sake, obesity is a metabolic disease. And guess what, it is a disease that can and will end your life early. Why then is reconstruction not covered?

I just simply don't agree with that.

As I sit here all trussed up in my Spanx that hold my tummy in.......

It is BS and it needs to change.

Just my two cents......