Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What could you not have lived without?

Breast reduction hurts like hell for 2 weeks, but I would do it again in a heart beat. So get enough strong meds from your dr.

You can't wear underwire bras while you are healing, so nice soft sportbras are the best. Use period pads against the wounds, they double as padding and take care of any bleeding.

Good luck!

Nilla

So I am now 4 days post op and boy do I have to say...the pain (although pretty intense at times)is so not as bad as I thought it would be. I am having an issue with Constipation but between that and my tailbone killing me (which was a problem before my ps) those are where most of my discomfort is coming from. I am still having ALOT of drainage from my left side and hardly anything on the right side. I am so extremely happy with my results even with all of the swelling. Can't wait for the swelling to go to. He estimated that he took about 15 lbs but I really think it was more. At my next appt in a week I should get my drains and sutures taken put. he will also have pictures for me of all the skin they removed. I was really nervous going into this about the amount of pain and the drains...well neither of them are as bad as I expected. I did have an issue with going completely unconscious after getting up to go to the bathroom the first time after surgery thank goodness my hubby was right there because the nurses both left me alone so he came in just in time to catch me, however I still fell onto the toilet and hit my head pretty hard on the pipes for the toilet. We had a complaint lodged in the nurses. I should have never been left alone the first time up after surgery. But anyhow I am back home and feeling pretty good as long as I stay on track with my meds. The first meds they gave me made me itch like crazy so now I have something else but it is stronger and makes me very sleepy. So off to sleep I go...post-248227-14752507213447_thumb.jpg this was me the morning after surgery...can't see anything but I assure you it looks so much better

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

So I am now 4 days post op and boy do I have to say...the pain (although pretty intense at times)is so not as bad as I thought it would be. I am having an issue with Constipation but between that and my tailbone killing me (which was a problem before my ps) those are where most of my discomfort is coming from. I am still having ALOT of drainage from my left side and hardly anything on the right side. I am so extremely happy with my results even with all of the swelling. Can't wait for the swelling to go to. He estimated that he took about 15 lbs but I really think it was more. At my next appt in a week I should get my drains and sutures taken put. he will also have pictures for me of all the skin they removed. I was really nervous going into this about the amount of pain and the drains...well neither of them are as bad as I expected. I did have an issue with going completely unconscious after getting up to go to the bathroom the first time after surgery thank goodness my hubby was right there because the nurses both left me alone so he came in just in time to catch me, however I still fell onto the toilet and hit my head pretty hard on the pipes for the toilet. We had a complaint lodged in the nurses. I should have never been left alone the first time up after surgery. But anyhow I am back home and feeling pretty good as long as I stay on track with my meds. The first meds they gave me made me itch like crazy so now I have something else but it is stronger and makes me very sleepy. So off to sleep I go...attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1475250720.203947.jpg this was me the morning after surgery...can't see anything but I assure you it looks so much better

Hang in there....everyday forth you will feel better. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Congrats!!! It just gets better and better! For the tailbone pain, check out the diagram below. My physical therapist and chiropractor said for me it came from sitting in a way that compensates for my weight and I needed to re learn how to sit and reclaim the atrial curvature of my lumbar spine. Maybe it will work for you too! post-194772-14757053774724_thumb.jpg

So I am almost 2 months post op and wanted post a quick update...life is so crazy busy...I am really happy with everything. I am sure others wouldn't have been but the only way for my tummy to have been flatter was to have a vertical incision and I didn't really want that. I went from a hh to dd after the weight loss to a b after the reduction and Excess skin removal. My belly is so much better and I feel great...and the best part is I can actually run again...it is amazing. So the pictures are all from shortly after surgery except the collage that is the recent view...

post-248227-14797981340044_thumb.jpg post-248227-14797981514581_thumb.jpg post-248227-14797981725526_thumb.jpg post-248227-14797982043221_thumb.jpg post-248227-1479798227442_thumb.jpg post-248227-14797982594276_thumb.jpg

I have not had my TT and Breast lift done yet but I did have my Brachioplasty 8 weeks ago so take this for what it is worth.

Ice packs! Ice packs and more ice packs. LOL.

I think the biggest thing I learned was how badly your body reacts to plastics. With swelling you get burning pain. Your lymphatic system is definitely effected and even though I had my arms done, my feet, hands and even stomach was swelling. The major swelling went down after about 5 days but even now my arms swell every day.

In talking with my surgeon who was phenomenal she told me I can expect my tummy to swell as well.

But let me tell you, it is all worth it and I cannot wait for my TT and Breast Lift. The difference for me was unbelievable. I am including some pics.

Before

attachicon.gif IMG_0573 3.jpg

After

attachicon.gif IMG_0574 3.jpg

I should also say that my after pic is only 3 weeks post op and still shows swelling but you see what a crazy great result I got. For the first 3 weeks I had my arms buried in ice packs. LOL.

Wow you.must have some money to get all that work done. I find that while im losing, going to gym is helping me tone my arms and stomache.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I am just over 6 weeks out from having a circumferential TT and just over 2 weeks out from having a mastoplasty (lift and augmentation) and brachioplasty. I only went 4 weeks between surgeries which I was able to do because I am so healthy. The second surgery with the arms was probably the most difficult because of swelling. I went back to work this week and glad that it is not a full week.

I am amazed at how good it all looks. This was the finishing touches on the new me. My arms is probably the part that I disliked the most and was the most anxious to have done. No more bat wings. The circumferential took off 10 more lbs and no sagging skin. I can tuck in a shirt and not have any skin hanging over. Well worth it!!

@@lilmiss821

I actually had to take on a major project to earn the money for my surgery. Otherwise, I had the option to use care credit which i applied for and was approved. They have 12 or 18 month 0% financing. Many plastic surgeons offer this as an option.

And, yes it is very expensive and my insurance covers absolutely nothing.

I am 53 years old and lost nearly half my weight. No amount of exercise will tighten up my skin.

The reality is if you want it bad enough, you will figure out a way to make it happen. That is what most of us do given we are not rich and dont have thousands of dollars laying around for plastics.

You do what you have to.

I am just over 6 weeks out from having a circumferential TT and just over 2 weeks out from having a mastoplasty (lift and augmentation) and brachioplasty. I only went 4 weeks between surgeries which I was able to do because I am so healthy. The second surgery with the arms was probably the most difficult because of swelling. I went back to work this week and glad that it is not a full week.

I am amazed at how good it all looks. This was the finishing touches on the new me. My arms is probably the part that I disliked the most and was the most anxious to have done. No more bat wings. The circumferential took off 10 more lbs and no sagging skin. I can tuck in a shirt and not have any skin hanging over. Well worth it!!

Hi we are similar I'm about 4 months out from Circumference Tummy Tuck, bra lift, breast lift and reduction and an arm lift.

I had the tummy and bra lift on my back done first and the rest of the work done 2 weeks latter. The hardest was definitely the arms as I had a small complication with my left arm. A stitch tried to come through and when I couldn't pull it out I trimmed it and I think that is what caused an infection. It was a very small spot and lasted about 5 weeks but is now closed and looking great. The Doctor opened it and removed the stitch and any others that were around it, cleaned it then I had to put cream on it day and night while making sure it was covered with a waterproof dressing. It worked because it's fine now. I will prob go back to have a little more skin removed from the TOP of my tummy as it's now noticeable as the swelling is gone. Definitely a vanity thing because it's a million times better than it was and I don't need it but the Doctor said he will fix it so why not lol. Good Luck

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@lilmiss821

I actually had to take on a major project to earn the money for my surgery. Otherwise, I had the option to use care credit which i applied for and was approved. They have 12 or 18 month 0% financing. Many plastic surgeons offer this as an option.

And, yes it is very expensive and my insurance covers absolutely nothing.

I am 53 years old and lost nearly half my weight. No amount of exercise will tighten up my skin.

The reality is if you want it bad enough, you will figure out a way to make it happen. That is what most of us do given we are not rich and dont have thousands of dollars laying around for plastics.

You do what you have to.

I agree totally, it's hard work finding the money for it or even taking that step to say yes I am going to spend that amount of money on myself no matter what it takes. Most of us have been overweight for a Long time and our bodies are still fighting back after the weight loss. The only option for some of us is to have as much of that stretched beyond repair skin removed.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Mine was very expensive too. Took a loan on my 401. I figure if I was going to buy a new car I would spend that much money. Worked so hard to lose the weight deserve to enjoy the new me.

Hello Everyone! I am new to this forum but not new to the surgery. I had gastric bypass 14 years ago. I have kept the weight off. I had a Tummy Tuck and Breast reduction one year after my surgery. If there is any advice that I can give it would be make sure you are at your final weight before you have surgery. I regretfully did not do that..... Now I am having surgery again 14 years later. SMH,

The one thing I couldn't have lived without Pillows!!!!!!! I needed more then 10 for support.

Hi, I'm new here! I'm having full abdominoplasty and panniculectomy in just three months, so I'm researching the hell out of it. :)

Thanks so much for sharing your experience and especially the pics. You look awesome!!