Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it normal to get cold feet?

@@chycky

yes, i think the 14K + we are paying is adding hugely to the pressure. it'd just be devastating to spend that much on something i regretted.

I was so happy when the surgeon told him the date of 8th of Oct because I feared it would take forever but then about 20min later reality hit home and I had the same thought. My husband looked at me and said I had gone all white and looked terrified.

I think it's good to realise how huge a lifestyle change this is going to be, give it thought and look at the pros and cons.

I live in Australua so our health insurance is very different here, but I think it's awesome that you spoke to your husband and you've made the choice to seek help!

Good luck xx

Sent from my SM-G925I using the BariatricPal App

Thanks! He didn't really understand it at first and wasn't totally in favor of it. Once we got more info he got on board and promised to support my decision. I talked about going to Mexico to get it done cheaper but he flat out refused to even talk about it. It's a lot of money but hopefully it'lll be worth it!

Normal. I am a very decisive person. I research and make decisions based on facts, rarely on feelings. I considered backing out the week before surgery. I'm glad I didn't.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@ totally understand. For me, I made decision and believed it was best option. I was afraid more of complications or delays. I was afraid of where my health could go without the surgery. It is a hard decision and it can be hard and frustrating to live a new life. But everyday, esp since 2 weeks post op, I feel and see a positive change that I attribute to surgery and new life.

Best of luck!

@ I spent 10 years convincing myself that the surgery was too drastic, that I didn't need it, that I could lose the weight on my own (and somehow magically keep it off THIS time!!), etc, etc, etc.

Now, 10 years later, I've just wasted 10 good years of my life being fat, in pain and in declining health. I kick myself daily for not doing this a LOT sooner :) It's not as drastic as I thought it would be, mostly because I don't care about food much any more. I care about being active, not having joint pain and not being on a couple of meds I started out on. I literally can forget to eat now. FORGET TO EAT!! That NEVER happened to me before, ever. Ever.

You're the only person who can make the decision for yourself, but WLS is effective, and it's safe. And if you're at the point where it feels like your last option, it probably is. Good luck with your decision and keep us posted!

3 years ago I was scheduled to have sleeve surgery. A couple days before I got so much anxiety that I cancelled my surgery. I was a wreck! I ended up dieting and losing 50 pounds on my own, only to gain all that weight back within a year. 3 yrs later here I am 9 days post op and I feel great. I have lost 16 pounds already. So far I am so happy that I went through this. I have had several surgeries in the past and recovery from the sleeve has been the easiest. I feel great, losing weight and not hungry. I never thought I would say that. My only regret is that I didn't have this done 3 yrs ago. Stay strong and positive! You can do this!!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using the BariatricPal App

Yup a few years ago I started the process, ended up deciding I can lose it on my own. Made a good run but alas it ended like every other diet I'd tried. But today I am almost a week post op and have no doubt I made the right decision.

@

All those fears and feelings are normal. It is a big decision, and a major operation, so feeling anxious is a natural response.

I was so excited at first, when I was approved, as I was lower BMI. Then got frustrated as I was diagnosed with an auto-immune thyroid disease, and was told by my surgeon to come back once my thyroid got stabilised.

Well, 9 months later I was finally scheduled for surgery. My excitement turned into major anxiety and fears. I even worried that I had to be in the hospital for3 days, and how I would cope with that. I worried that something could go wrong, I worried that this was irreversible and I worried how I will survive on 2 weeks liquids post op.

I had few surgeries in the past, and I never worried prior to them.

So I was surprised that I got so anxious with the sleeve op.

All those worries did not materialise. I was fine! Yes, some pain post op, but was given good pain killers. I survived the 2 weeks on liquids only.

I had pretty bad acid reflux post op, switched to Nexium and now 6 months later my reflux is gone.

My stomach is getting quieter, doesn't gurgle so much, I eat healthy food and keep losing weight.

So, best of luck to you and remember that all those pre-op anxieties and fears are just part of a process, and they go away.

Is it normal to get cold feet?

@

many emotions will flow through you for the next couple of months

being nervous, excited, scared, happy, terrified and more

many words above meaning the same thing

you don't know what's ahead of you

it's good to realize there are many others in the same boat with you

don't worry, i don't think any of you will sink!! :rolleyes:

cold feet???

put on a pair of warm socks silly head LOL

good luck bud

kathy

My wife and I have been together for 38 yrs.

Last yr was our 30 wedding anniversary! We took a small trip and I was miserable the whole time, always hot and sweating. It was at that moment I made up my mind to get this done!

I haven't looked back I want another 38 yrs with my best friend and love of my life.

Look at the big picture and the cold feet will go away.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C HD using the BariatricPal App

Thanks to everyone for the kind responses so far. I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone in this! Also really appreciate everyone who shared stories about canceling surgery and trying to lose on their own again because this is exactly what I would end up doing and just like you I'd be right back where I am in a year

Look at the big picture - the cold feet will go away

@@ky Dan

ahhhhhh Dan, i think i love you ;)

what a sweet post with your wife in mind

romance is still alive and well living in your heart

continued happiness to you and yours

happy 30th anniversary!!

good luck with your weight loss

kathy

congrats

@@proudgrammy

I love your responses :)