Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New here: Surgery Date 9/19 in the DMV

I'm doing good, but losing slow, IMO. I had the staples out Tuesday, 9/27, and was only down about 6 lbs since the surgery, and the nurse said I was doing great and had an impressive loss? Um, okay. I lost -14 pre-op, 6 post, total of 21 lbs in 3 weeks of eating -1000 calories, some days post-op nothing?

I tried to console myself with the body healing spiel; maybe bloated with IV fluids/gases, etc. -- but this Monday is 2 weeks, and I've only lost another 3 lbs.

I'm following the plan to the T -- able to get in all my protein/fluid requirements with no issues, and I honestly feel wonderful. My complexion is RADIANT being off carbs/dairy/everything the past month, so that's a nice side effect. No more chicken skin bumps on the back of my upper arms! Maybe I had a gluten/dairy issue and never knew it?

So, IDK. I'm certainly glad I had the surgery done, but I guess I'm not going to be one of those people who loses 45 lbs the first month, like I hoped.

I guess, if I can lose 3 lbs a week this month, that will get me close to 20 lbs the first month, but who knows. I haven't had a second to exercise and, realistically, won't have time until December to really do anything consistent, but c'est la vie. I'm not cleared for vigorous exercise until 11/1 anyway, so not the end of the world to hold off another month. I love to walk and will try to get out as often as possible for the fresh air.

I never had time to take measurements, but I am down a size, from 22 to 20. I feel my face/back bra fat/upper stomach is definitely reducing in size, so that's cool.

I'll take my victories where I can find them!

Hey Heather, I'm checking back in. I went for tests and everything was fine. Was sleeved on 11-11-16. I fell off the program for thanksgiving and was beating myself up over it. But got back on track and started over. I had my follow up and lost only 6lbs since surgery. I'm assuming I gained weight from the fluids in the hospital because I wasn't able to weigh myself for like a week. It hurt to bend over. My top incision is still open, ewwwww and I go back to work tonight. How's everything going with you?

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

Hey, @@Aleathia! Glad to year from you!!!!! Happy sleeving!

LOL, so we each lost 6 lbs post-op!

Top incision open, is that okay with doctors? Weeping, or really open?

I'm doing good! I'm -45 as of yesterday, around 2.25 months out. Thanks for asking!

I feel wonderful, like I never had surgery.

Still sticking to the plan, now cleared for any kind of food I want. Unfortunately/fortunately, I can eat anything with little repercussion, so IDK if that's good or bad long-term for keeping weight off.

I'm tracking EVERYTHING in MFP, and really quickly was able to get up to 900-1200 calories a day. I'm trying to keep it back at 1000 calories a day because my loss slowed at 1200 a day.

I do 40-60 carbs a day, and if I'm at the 60 range, weight loss slows. Grrr.

I'm hitting the Water goals and 100 grams of Protein goals a day no problem, but I'm still averaging 1-2 Protein shakes a day to do it.

What else. . . I went from a 22 LB to squeezing almost into a 16 at LB, LOL. I'm still a solid 18 in any other store's pants since they don't usually have the spandex component. Went from a 40c to 38c, quickly nearing 36c. Sucks to lose the girls first. Not cute without a bra on to hoist them up. Pleasantly surprised at the skin -- not bad! Considering I do almost no exercise and was flabby to begin with, I think I'll do well once I get working out and doing weights and more resistance work.

I've dabbled a little over the holiday with beer and white wine. I now can stomach both -- tried earlier and it hurt me. I'm not dying to drink, but it's nice to know I can be social if I want to.

Thanksgiving I focused on dark turkey meat, Canadian meat stuffing (more Protein, ) butternut squash, green bean casserole, and saved carbs for white wine. I ignored any bread, potatoes, bread stuffing, carrots, Desserts, and cheese and crackers. It was fine, which was really nice.

I hope this feeling lasts, but the times I've cracked and had "bad" food, either I had diarrhea the next day (sorry, TMI,) or -- more importantly -- didn't get the same satisfaction I thought I would from before surgery. I really am looking at food differently now. It's so hard to cram in the protein and stay under 1000 calories, there's not much left for wiggle/junk room. I look at things in terms of nutritional bang for the buck and, for the most part, don't miss the old crap I used to eat.

I DID let cheese and crackers back into the house, and that was a mistake. That's my go-to quick snack when pressed for time, and I can eat a ton of crackers with no issues. Trying to learn from my old triggers and plan ahead.

Now, I have a Protein shake in my daily coffee every morning, so that's 30 grams in by 7 a.m.

I eat eggs with the kids; more protein.

Then I'm at work and MAKE myself guzzle the 3-4 cups of Water with Crystal Light, so I know I'm at least halfway to water goals by midday.

lunch is usually a turkey burger with a slice of cheese or avocado on top, or else deli meat and cheese, or turkey meatballs in marinara.

Late afternoon I might putter for more protein or the dreaded cheese and crackers, and then have another Protein Shake.< br />
dinner is whatever protein dish I can get my hands on.

Life has been crazy and has only started to slow down as of yesterday. I've had no time for exercise or meal prep/planning, but I changed my work schedule (and kids' daycare/home schedule) so I can cut costs having them home with me and not have to work so much, thereby, in theory, allowing for more free time to meal plan and exercise.

I really need to find non slurry protein foods I can make in advance that I can just microwave and go. I like a crunch/texture to my food, so stews and chilis are getting old.

My loss has not been consistent -- at all, LOL. When I have more time I'll detail it, but honestly, it's like -5, then -.2, maybe -1.3, -.3 -- it seems very slow and spotty, but the little bits add up to a lot! I'm calming down on my paranoia about wanting to be down a million pounds in X amount of time. I am now looking at this as a great opportunity to learn about my habits/triggers and work on tweaking myself with improvement as I go on this journey.

Also, seeing that I'm being compliant with food, meeting my goals, and STILL having weeks of no loss -- or sometimes even a freaking GAIN, it makes me kinder with myself on failing in the past before WLS.

Granted, I'm not working out, but still -- I NEVER stuck to a low carb/high protein diet at 800-1000 calories a day with just willpower, and I see now that even being "perfect" (or pretty darn close,) I still have gains and stalls and weeks where the losses are just piddly. I guess it's just my body adjusting, doing its thing.

Please keep me posted how you are doing! So glad you got your surgery in 11/11. That's wonderful!

@@Aleathia, here's the weekly breakdown. I always find this fascinating and love how people add it to their ticker info at the bottom of the screen. I need to figure out how to do that, but for now, this is me:

Pre-op -14.1 (2 weeks liquids, some protein/carbs)

Week 1: -7.7

Week 2: -1.5

Week 3: -3.9

Week 4: -3.6

Week 5: +1.7

Week 6: -5.4

Week 7: -1.6

Week 8: -3.2

Week 9: -0.8

Week 10: -5.0