Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time for bit of FUN! Post some silly pictures of yourself if you dare.

I'll start. Hope I won't be the only one :D

Don't mess with me!

post-288435-0-22136800-1473070343_thumb.jpg

I'm a total mess!

post-288435-0-60458700-1473070391_thumb.jpg

Business look.

post-288435-0-24956000-1473070430_thumb.jpg

Half a poke .... of my tongue

post-288435-0-97540800-1473070479_thumb.jpg

@@WLSResources/ClothingExch

LOL ..... oh well, so I will be the only silly one then. Hope it will bring a smile to the lurkers :D

Thank you for the Father's day wishes for my Vodka loving Dad. He can't have any now, as he is still in a hospital due to a bad fall. Poor Dad, hope he gets better soon.

Oh, and thank you for hiring me! :D

@@LipstickLady

Scared the sh#t out of me, LOL ! :D

Ah, "the others"..... tough!

Hey, if you want to be a demon, you are a sexy one!

post-288435-0-19295800-1473122318_thumb.jpg

OK, couple more :D

After my radioactive treatment last year, I had to be in isolation for a week.

I had to warn people:

post-288435-0-90015600-1473124547_thumb.jpg

Then I needed a head massage ....

post-288435-0-61144900-1473124583_thumb.jpg

@, I'm sorry your dad got badly hurt and, like you, wish him a good recovery before too long. His sense of humor makes him a sweetie.

The head massage photo looks to me like your face nestled in a bread basket made of small body parts (I don't dare say "babies'" for fear of starting a riot).

I've had to carry radioactive id cards for a week or so. It must have been because of med exams? I hope that's all yours was.

Thank you for your well wishes for my dad. Yes, he can be quite funny.

LOL, the head massage pic, yes bread basket sounds good. I am surrounded by lots of hands ..... not sure if they are adult or child ones ..... :D

The radioactive treatment was for my super Hyper thyroid (Graves Disease). I had to swallow radioactive iodine, and be in isolation for about a week. Stay at home, have my own kitchen plates/pots/utensils and use a separate bathroom.

My housemate had to stand at least 6 feet away from me.

This treatment first made me quite sick, then gradually better later.

My thyroid had to be nuked as it was putting my health and my life in danger.

So, when my sense of humour came back, I saw this pic "I'm radioactive, wanna hug?" and it made me laugh.

And all I have is common garden Hashimoto's -- low thryroid -- which keeps me on synthroid.

Your treatment must have been quite an experience. Apparently it worked, though,or you wouldn't be here sharing the joke. I hope it was a once-in-a-lifetime deal.

You jiggled my memory enough to recall that I had a nuclear stress test; the radioactive stuff was administered by injection or IV.

Yes, I too hope that the radioactive iodine Tx will not happen again. I know in some cases it has to be repeated.

I am back to Hyper thyroid however, due to my continuing weight loss.

In January 2016 I was put on Thyroxine (Synthroid) 100mcg.

With the ongoing weight loss, this dose is too strong. Had one reduction 3 months ago, and I lost lot more weight since, so I know I am too hyper again, as I can't sleep, have nasty headaches again and feeling hot again.

Seeing my Endo this Thursday, hoping she will reduce my Thyroxine to 50-75 mcg

I got desperate few days ago and took my old anti-thyroid med, Carbimazozle, and so far I am sleeping like a baby!

Just want to get to my goal weight so my Thyroxine dose will stabilise, and I won't be hyper thyroid again. Over it!

Yes, I too hope that the radioactive iodine Tx will not happen again. I know in some cases it has to be repeated.

I am back to Hyper thyroid however, due to my continuing weight loss.

In January 2016 I was put on Thyroxine (Synthroid) 100mcg.

With the ongoing weight loss, this dose is too strong. Had one reduction 3 months ago, and I lost lot more weight since, so I know I am too hyper again, as I can't sleep, have nasty headaches again and feeling hot again.

Seeing my Endo this Thursday, hoping she will reduce my Thyroxine to 50-75 mcg

I got desperate few days ago and took my old anti-thyroid med, Carbimazozle, and so far I am sleeping like a baby!

Just want to get to my goal weight so my Thyroxine dose will stabilise, and I won't be hyper thyroid again. Over it!

Chiming in... I've done the radioactive thing twice (as part of thyroid cancer treatment). It makes you feel like a diseased leper, the way you have to isolate!????

make it a great day

Because after radioactive treatment my thyroid got destroyed and stopped functioning. I had RAI early August 2015, and by December 2015 I was Hypo thyroid, at TSH 17.3 (when I was Hyper, TSH was less than 0.01)

Hence my now life-time thyroid hormone replacement. At surgery, my TSH was 1-1.5, few weeks later it went to 0.6 and I started feeling unwell again. Since the past 3 months, TSH has been less than 0.01 again, due to continuing weight loss. So I am back to Hyper thyroid symptoms, not all of them, but few troublesome ones.

Hence dosage adjustments, but they take weeks to work.

I nursed before, so I know a fair bit about different meds, and so I tried my anti-thyroid drugs again, and they certainly helped me, at least to sleep!

Anyway, hopefully my Thyroxine will be lowered again. The Thyroxine/Synthroid is very weight sensitive, and I feel I now should be on 75 mcg. I'll find out on Thursday when I see my Endo again.

Without the thyroid hormone replacement, we can't survive.

So, either Hyper of Hypo thyroid can be life threatening.

At least with Hypo, you only take 1 tablet a day.

When I was very Hyper, I was taking up to 18 tablets a day! Carbimazole (anti-thyroid) plus Beta Blockers for my heart.

It was just too much, so I decided to go with the radioactive Tx, then 1 tablet a day.

One day, when my weight stabilises, so will my Thyroxine dose.

And I finally should feel well/normal again.

If not for my thyroid issues, my WLS recovery would have been easy and smooth ......

@@judy vsg

Hi Judy, how long after your first RAI did you have your second one?

I'm sorry to hear you had thyroid cancer. Are you OK now?

Yes, the radioactive Tx does make you feel like a leper. Although, for few days I felt rather ill, dizzy, no energy and massive sweats. During that week I was happy to be at home, as I felt so unwell. Even having a quick shower made me feel exhausted and dizzy, and I had to have air-con on all the time.

It gradually got better.

Have a great day too! :)