Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Joining the land of Bands

Hello all,

Well I just made it home earlier today from the hospital. I was banded yesterday morning with very little probs and no major complications. Because of my earlier Tummy Tuck from several years ago they had to cut through the muscle wall in places to get at thing properly so I'm extra sore.

Last night was pretty rough but my hubs was there with me helping me like the wonderful guy he is. I feel utterly bloated and like I've been run over a few times by a big truck but I know you all are familiar with that one. Fairydust was banded later in the day by the same doctor and we got to hang out together talking quite alot. She's doing beautifully and was only two doors down from me in the hospital.

I'm sure she'll come give you her own update when she makes it home. I can't say that I'm like alot of people on here as I am already absolutely starving. lol

I do admit that half a cup of broth or other warm liquid will fill me up but it doesn't last long. That first cup of chicken broth today was like manna from heaven!

ugh, someone help me up please. lol:help:

Congrats on your band - after a few days you will feel much better. I made lots of Soups - Campbells Soup in hand is a great one! I also took vegetables, potatoes, carrots, onions, etc and cooked them in fat free broth until mushy and blended them and run them through a strainer (VERY IMPORTANT) and drank them - they are so good. You can do that with lots of different soups and of course I love soups so that was a good thing. Good Luck!

I'm wishing for Campbells but as a displaced American living in the UK they don't have it or lots of other good things here. I just did a really lazy online order for my groceries to be delivered and added loads of Soups. I got out the food processor and the strainer, so I should be able to get out all the bits.

I have some lamb bones and bits in my freezer I didnt know what to do with soI think I'll make a big huge pot of Soup, process it all and then freeze it in per day servings. The meat should add some good Protein and flavor even without the bits and loads of veg that will cook down.

Congrats on being in bandland! I hear ya on the bloated feeling and being run over with a big truck! It gets better every day.. walking, gas-x, and backrubs for the gas works great!

Hello all,

Well I just made it home earlier today from the hospital. I was banded yesterday morning with very little probs and no major complications. Because of my earlier Tummy Tuck from several years ago they had to cut through the muscle wall in places to get at thing properly so I'm extra sore.

Last night was pretty rough but my hubs was there with me helping me like the wonderful guy he is. I feel utterly bloated and like I've been run over a few times by a big truck but I know you all are familiar with that one. Fairydust was banded later in the day by the same doctor and we got to hang out together talking quite alot. She's doing beautifully and was only two doors down from me in the hospital.

I'm sure she'll come give you her own update when she makes it home. I can't say that I'm like alot of people on here as I am already absolutely starving. lol

I do admit that half a cup of broth or other warm liquid will fill me up but it doesn't last long. That first cup of chicken broth today was like manna from heaven!

ugh, someone help me up please. lol:help:

First of all, congratulations on your band! I was banded Aug 23! You mentioned tummy tuck--how has the recovery for the band compared to your recovery from the tummy tuck, if you don't mind me asking?

I have had several SF Popsicles for snack and they seem to help between meals (call that a meal????).

The recovery for my Tummy Tuck was MUCH more painful by far. I was on morphine and loads of valium for days. I think whats made this so painful for me is that the doctor had to cut through the muscle wall made by the tuck. I had what was termed a corset tuck. They literally made a hourglass figure for me which oddly enough stayed intact despite my gaining weight everyhwere else. I never gained it in my tummy or waist. For anyone considering a future tummy tuck, that particular style the results are amazing if you like having really nice curves.

<p>Hello, I too was banded on Aug. 23, doing quite well, except I could really eat something. My hubby brought in some fresh grape tomatoes from the garden yesterday and without thinking I popped one in my mouth and eat it and then freaked, I thought oh know, I am going to die!! Obviously I didn't but now everytime I have a pain I think of that little tiny Tomato. Are you able to eat cream of any Soups or pudding yet? I am feeling better everyday. I am walking more and hoping that I can lose as much as possible before the end of Sept. I am going to Virginia to see my youngest son who is going to dental school, he has always been on me about my weight. Wish me luck. Godd luck to all out there.:)

I have been able to eat some creamier type Soups if they're well diluted and my dh made me a nce smoothi with two containers of light yogurt mixed with skim milk and half a banana. That was enough for two meals. Glad you're doing well too!!!