Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New and struggling

Hello all! My name is Jamie, my friends call me Jay. I am a post WLS surgery patient. I had my sleeve in 2011. Had a great success. I lost about 135 lbs. Lately I have been putting back on. I was going to try every pyramid scheme out there, Thrive, weight loss pills, Plexus, anything. But I know I lost this before and I can do it again. Was just wondering if anyone else has been there? How do I ignore the old cravings and ditch this weight!?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am sorry you're dealing with this - I am only 5 months out from surgery so not much help with your question,

except that I find certain foods to be rather filling for me personally on days when I am just hungry all day - do you find that also to be true? if so I'd make a list of those foods to be a go to on hungry/hangry days.

@@J_Lynn77 - hmm, what changed? Are you tracking? By tracking I mean exercise and every bit of food and drink. Be hard on yourself for a while. I gained four pounds this last quarter...it ticked me off. BUT I realized that I have been really slacking on my exercise. OK, that will make it happen. Having some data points actually helps to make better calls.

I, too had WLS in 2011 and am just get back on track this year.

I went back to the very beginning. Like I was just starting my first week of solids. It's worked to help get me focused again.

Track EVERYTHING

70g//protein

64oz / Water

Exercise

small meals with tiny bites chewed well---no drinking with meals.

You know the plan.

Remember though, you will NOT lose weight like you did in the beginning.

Get yourself motivated and get going!

You did it once. You can do it again. YOU just have to wanna!

Welcome back! You ae very welcomed here.

Great topic, something I've figured out about myself is that if I don't permanently change my eating habits, I will gain at least some of my weight back. I have changed a lot of habits for the better but my worst habit is that I'm a habitual snacker (now known as a grazer). I am working very hard to teach myself to stick with 3 meals and 1 snack per day.

I agree to get back to the basics and start tracking everything but I also suggest you figure out what your bad habits are, those bariatric rules that you are not following and work on them. Understand that you've spent a lifetime with these bad habits and it will likely take several tries to change. I've been working on this snacking thing for several months. I'll have a few good days and then fall off the wagon. I just keep getting up, brushing myself off and trying again.

Don't give up!

Thanks for the overwhelming responses! A lot has changed. I met someone, and I find myself to be more relaxed. He understands what I have done, but I fall into some of his snacking habits. I stress eat, and I guess I worry about everyone else so much, I don't take time for myself. I need to be more cautious of what I am consuming and I know I need to eat better.

I went back to the very beginning. Like I was just starting my first week of solids. It's worked to help get me focused again.

Track EVERYTHING

70g//protein

64oz / Water

Exercise

You know the plan.

--how many calories are you consuming a day? May I ask? I try to limit to about 1200. Wondering if that is too much.

Track EVERYTHING

70g//protein

64oz / Water

Exercise

You know the plan.

--how many calories are you consuming a day? May I ask? I try to limit to about 1200. Wondering if that is too much.

Track EVERYTHING

70g//protein

64oz / Water

Exercise

You know the plan.

>I, too had WLS in 2011 and am just get back on track this year.

Track EVERYTHING

70g//protein

64oz / Water

Exercise

You know the plan.

I was working up to 1100cal/day. I restarted at 800-900cal/day and over the last few months my Nut has me working on getting to 1100cal/day.

However, I am heading for skin surgery next Tues, so my Nut wants me at 1200-1300cal/day for better healing after surgery. Am I happy about the increase in cals? Nope, but I am relying of my Nut's knowledge and foresight, so I will increase my intake through my recovery.

Good luck on your revamped journey. You've already done the hardest part. You've recognized your "stumble", taken responsibility for it and are taking action.

The rest will all come back to you like a long lost friend coming to the garden gate after a lengthy absence.

Take a deep breath and welcome her in.

Limit carbs to below 30g a day, and get them in before 4pm.

Keep your protien high! And get some healthy fats in (don't go to crazy, they are caloric)

Drink all the Water you can find. Your body will have no choice but to burn fat, when it no longer has carbs!

Weeks out: 16

SW: 365

CW: 285

WL: 80lbs

@@J_Lynn77 - hmm, what changed? Are you tracking? By tracking I mean exercise and every bit of food and drink. Be hard on yourself for a while. I gained four pounds this last quarter...it ticked me off. BUT I realized that I have been really slacking on my exercise. OK, that will make it happen. Having some data points actually helps to make better calls.

Yes I find that too. Especially during those 7 pivotal days, if you follow me. I feel like I can eat so much more. I don't get that aspect.

J

SW-321

CW-210

WL-111

Goal Weight--180