Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,my name is Autumn.I am 5 months post op and am having a very hard time keeping on track.My husband is not very supportive(I'm not trashing him,just telling it like it is)Looking for someone to offer me support and that I can offer support to.I'm falling back into old habbits,and it has to stop!

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using the BariatricPal App

I'm only 12 days out, so I'm probably not a lot of help. But I can tell you that my family is awful about my surgery. Bacon and sausage in the morning. Ordering pizza. The delicious smells make me SO hungry and are so hard on me.

What kind of old habits are you falling into?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It's okay if you're only twelve days out.I bet you're ready for the pureed stage,I know I was :) My problem is I just kind of fell off the sleeve wagon.When I realised I could eat more than most(I have to count calories when other people I know get full off of three bites)I kind of got depressed(well,already depressed,so even more depressed)Also,I have not come across anything that has caused me dumping syndrome,my hubby wants to eat out all the time and even if I don't keep that stuff in my house,my apartment is attached to my parents and there is always food over there.I haven't been eating anything fried,so I've got that.Maybe I'm just making a lot of excuses,but I feel like I'm being hit from all sides.

Ugh that's rough. Have you tried the pouch reset diet? You do a test to see how much cottage cheese your pouch allows then measure what you took out of the container with Water. Based on the amount of Water in there, you can determine if your pouch has stretched or not. Then you go on the re-set diet. I've heard this mentioned a lot for people in your shoes.

http://www.bariatricfoodie.com/the-5-day-pouch-test-cottage-cheese/

Like everyone says, back to basics. Protein first, Vitamins and water.

It's really hard to do this without the support of the people closest to you and it's so easy to be tempted.

I've been depressed as well, and what's lifting my spirits is controlling my diet using this tool and seeing the pounds go down.

Do you have the time to plan your meals for the next day? It sounds like you're not the one controlling your diet, and I bet if you meal planned for the next day, you wouldn't get stuck with only bad choices. Preparation is the key to success. I know it can be hard to find the motivation to meal prep or exercise, but i think a big source of relieving depression is finding control of your life.

Can you talk to your husband/parents about how their behavior is affecting you?

I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Thank you for suggesting the reset diet,I had never heard of it,but I am gonna try it.I have also considered getting my hole made smaller at some point.Today is a better day,I've been sticking to it.I have a pretty well planned diet I go by when I'm doing alright.I do meal prep and it helps,but when I fall off,it's pretty bad.When my daughter starts school,I will go back to the gym.I miss it so much.The good thing is,I haven't gained any weight,the bad part- haven't lost any in awhile.Totally my own fault,not the sleeve.I have talked to my husband,but it is hard with my parents.It's good to have someone who understands because they are going through it too.How are you doing?I didn't have any problem with the liquid phase,besides the not going to the bathroom-that was weird,but it comes back,thank God :)Should we start using the pm?

Hi Audrey and LowBMI.... I understand totally .... There are sometimes where my sleeve tells me I am done and other not so much. I was sleeved June 1st and have lost 35 since surgery ... Faster than some bust slower than others

I find going to the gym is the only thing that is helping me. I do plan and count everything in my fitness pal ... Also - no food in the house " that i want ". I don't have any control over crackers , chips and sweets ... I have asked that they respect it for a few months ... But since I shop- it works

Hi! I am one year on 9/8...this was the best thing I ever did for myself. I have struggled for years after my first pregnancy and then being in an awful marriage did not help!

(You can guess how I solved that second problem...)

So, I had ups and downs and it's a struggle, daily! If I start the day with Protein or a Protein shake, I do so much better the rest of the day. I drink Herbalife peach tea which helps me get my fluids and it gives me a good boost! I snack on certain goodies that I should be snacking on. Carrots and cucumbers. Ranch dip. Low carb. That is the most important part.

Stick to it! I was 248 going in and I'm down and holding at 163-166! Don't give up! Find it in yourself to do this! Walk. Water. And be amazed at how good you'll feel as you reach your goals!

Thank you both for the replies.I'm getting back on track,just fighting some old demons right now and the guilt over eating the wrong things is just awful.I am ready to get back in the gym.There was no one to keep my daughter so I gave up my membership during summer break.The gym motivates me more than exercizing at home.Working out and swimming keeps me busy,which is good.Also,trying to meal plan atleast a day ahead.I appreciate any tips or bits of information you may have offer

:)