Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people say...

My bestfriend and i just had this conversation. I think its case by case imo if you have atleast tried to lose it on your own (like myself many losses and many many gains) then its different then someone who has never even attempted to do it and just goes straight to the wls option. This was my biggest fear with the surgery is that it would be TOO easy and i didnt want that. Im weird like that lol i feel like if you go thru the hard stuff you come out stronger of a person in the end. But from all that i have read this doesn't seem to be that easy. I wouldnt get mad about it i think people who have not had this surgery dont know that its still on you to make the right choices. But i would agree most ppl the lose big gain huge.

Little tia

My surgery isn't until August but social media is a beast with condemning some people for wls. I personally don't care for FB, IG, and the other sites but I have a FB page due to my son and keeping tabs on him so I've seen more than enough of the snide remarks and it's just pathetic. Most of those people are probably upset because they couldn't afford the surgery and the rest probably have no life so they can invest 12 hours a day to working out and cooking meals while the rest of us are barely able to carve out 45 minutes to dedicate to our well-being. Kudos to you all that have successfully achieved your weight goals or are actively working on it with the help of wls. I can't wait to say I'm a wls successor and tell the miserable haters to stfu!!

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

My favorite reply to personal questions is, "why do you ask?" I put a puzzled look on my face and listen intently. After they stammer for a bit, I just excuse myself and walk away. Sometimes I say, "ohhhh, I see" before walking away. I definitely dont answer their question.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I just got back from a local fair and while I was walking past some booths and had a Medifast consultant tell me that my doctor is wrong for having me do wls and that it is a crime that insurance will cover surgery and not her multilevel marketing scheme, I told her thanks but no thanks and that I am going to go with my educated doctor on this. A few booths down I ran into the Wrap booth and of course they hollered at my big rear end to come over and listen to their speech about how I could avoid WLS by using wraps on all my problem areas, I laughed and let them know that according to science I can't target fat loss and that I will be perfectly fine following my doctors orders, of course they disagreed. I went past 2 more booths on my way out and had the same thing happen, I felt like I had a multilevel marketing diet plan target on my back, they all pretty much told me the same thing about how their diet was the only diet and they all had 1 common enemy and that was WLS. They all had stories about how surgery fails and I just shook my head and walked away.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

...I felt like I had a multilevel marketing diet plan target on my back, they all pretty much told me the same thing about how their diet was the only diet and they all had 1 common enemy and that was WLS. They all had stories about how surgery fails and I just shook my head and walked away.

This is the basically same tactic the "abstinence-only sex education" people use. They rely on fear and ignorance to make a case for their dangerous ideology. :angry:

Edited by Fredbear

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches