Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

Whosyadaddy, that is so cool! Great photo too!!!

Pizzicato, did you get your fill today? How did it go?

kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4709.gifCrazy Ates JANUARY Exercise Challenge kaos-not-tagged-smiley-4829.gif

19/30 Exercise Sessions

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

I'm BAAAAACCCCKKKKK:lol:. So my fill nurse was actually nicer than I thought she was going to be. She took out the fill before she even looked at the barium swallow. Doesn't hurt that there was a note from doc in the chart that said to take out no less than .4cc, which is exactly what she took out.

Anyways, I was a hit at the docs office because they couldn't believe how much weight I have lost. Inamed (maker of the band) considers anyone that has lost a total of 70% of their excess body weight over a 2 year period of time to be a success and I have done that in 5.5 months! I am so damn proud of myself.

I will be so excited to eat real food. My nurse said that the reason that people get hungry when they are so tight is because they don't get the good foods down. Instead they have to turn to liquids, mushies, and usually higher carb foods which all tend to go through the band easier then Protein.

Well gotta go grade papers and finish reading the rest of the posts here. Man you miss two days and you get WAY behind!

It has been forever since I checked in here. I was banded Aug 15 and have been doing OK. I just got my 3rd fill. Has anyone ever had there port flip? I just had that happen to me so I have waited about 2.5 months since my last fill to get this 3rd fill because I had to go back in for surgery so they could flip the port back and secure it. I am hoping things will start going better. I would love to hear if anyone else has had this happed!

I'm home with a nice fill! I went from 3.2cc to 4.4cc. My PA tried 4.6 first but thought it might be a bit much because i had to burp after my Water sip test (even though I ALWAYS burp after drinking). In any case, I got home, had some pureed clam chowder with a little lowfat cheese in it, and filled up on about half a cup. Wow, what a difference! Totally comfy with it too. Before the appt I would have put in 3 or 4 times that much. Ain't restriction great?! PHEW!

Bring on the plateau bustin!!

Salsa, so glad to hear your unfill went well! I'm sure you'll be much comfier now. Great work on the loss!

Daddy, you look great! I used to live in Shawano, so I know the hospital - very cool! I'm sure it helped you feel better after the loss yesterday (SUCH a close game -argh!!).

Bridget, welcome aboard! This is a nice close-knit group, so I'm sure you'll be feeling at home here soon! I can't speak to the port flip, and I'm not sure if others have here, but I know it comes up on some of the other boards, so you're not alone!

I didn't make it to the gym tonight because it took over an hour to get home in the snow, and my dance teacher didn't show up. The rest of us threw some music on and danced on our own for a little while. Fun!

Tomorrow night, I'll DEFINITELY make it to the gym! Gotta make good use of the new restriction!

On another note, I got a note and I'll be doing a second phone interview Wednesday with the company in LA, with the VP of the company this time (eek!), so if this one goes as well as the last, they'll be flying me out there for a final interview. It sounds pretty great with the weather this week!! Wish me luck!

Hi fellow bandsters,

I've been a little down lately but vowed to get it in gear for 2008. My loss has been very slow. My doctor says I'm doing fine and on track but then I see how much everyone else is losing and then I feel a little bummed. I've also been losing chunks of hair. The good news is I'm posting again and going in for another fill this Thursday:smile:

Is anyone else losing slow? Or losing hair?

Kathy,

My losing has slowed down tremendously. I go in for a fill tomorrow so I hope that helps but don't get discouraged. Make sure you are eating right and exercising. Different bodies, different loss cycles. I have to beleive that the weight will go even if it takes longer than I thought, I'm still moving in the right direction.

I can't speak to the hair but maybe talk to your dietician. make sure you are getting enough Protein.< /p>

Pizzicato,

Wow, It sounds like things are really going well for you! Claim that job if that's the one you want! I am sending good thoughts your way!

Val

Keep it up everyone!! I'm so glad so many of you still check in here.

I’ve had a sudden little burst of weight loss!! I’m so happy! I think it’s because I ate so much crap on vacation last week and now my body is settling back into my “regular” diet. I also started my "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD on Sunday. OMG!! After only 2 days, my calves and thighs are killing me!! lol!

Pizzicat - it sounds like you have a good fill again. I would stay on liquids and mushies for a few extra days to be sure you really break that plateau!! Be sure to buy yourself something new for that face-to-face interview. Looking your best will help you be confident and land that job. I have faith that you will get it!!

Salsa - I'm glad to hear your un-fill went well. Was this a nurse you saw closer to home or did you have to travel all the way to your doctor's office again? You're kickin' ass with your weight loss. You deserve to be very proud of yourself!! (specially with the complications you've had)

Band Chick - there's a thread in another forum you might want to check out "Slow Losers Unite". There are also many threads about Hair loss. Unfortunately, it just happens to some people. It seems to happen about 3-6 months out. Just make sure you are getting your Protein in. The hair will grow back! Mine's gotten a lot thinner but I don't think it's getting any worse.

Bridget - A flipped port is not uncommon. I'm glad to hear you are back on track.

Whosyadaddy - that is so cool!! Can you scan the article too?

I haven't heard much about having a flipped port but am wondering if mine may have. I go today for a fill...thank god, I need it so bad I am so not eating very well but haven't gained (I don't think) so that is good. I just feel like I can't stop eating because I am hungry and my will power is dwindling by a thread.

I got this horrible pain in my port area the other day and now my port area is rock hard and seems to be portruding a little. I hope it is nothing and it doesn't hurt now. I am going to ask my doc about it today.

Morning, everyone! Still feeling good and filling up fast with the new fill (that cream of wheat is just so yummy). I'll probably stick with the liquids for at least all of today and see how things feel tomorrow. 1/2 a cup or a little more is filling me right up! What a relief!!!

I got the second phone interview in LA scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I'll impress the heck out of that VP! I'll post an update after. I do have some new more fitted pants that I can wear for the interview and will go through my blazers to see if any fit (I only wear them when I'm interviewing anyway and don't want to waste the money if I don't have to). I have one that should work, and then I'll just need a top to wear with the set.

Kathy, hang in there! I agree, you do need to check your Protein level and see if it helps with the Hair loss. Are you getting about 75% of your food intake from protein?

Val, hang in there with the slower loss. Hopefully that fill will kick things back in gear! I know for myself I'm hoping to get back to my old pace, and I'm in a bit of denial that I can't just burn through the second half of my loss as fast as the first half. I'll do my best to get more reasonable expectations, but it's tough!

Candle, great work on the video! Maybe it's time to reward yourself with a little pampering like a massage for those sore muscles. Being sore is a good feeling though, isn't it?

Keep up the great work, everyone!

Kathy I am also a very slow loser...only 33 pounds since August. I feel so much better and have decided not to torture myself or go on a very drastic calorie restriction. I am focusing on listening to my body, Portion Control and choosing healthy. Luckily the band has helped me in these small changes, but like you I'm not losing really fast. No Hair loss yet, but I think that is lack of Protein from what I've read. Maybe some Protein Shakes? Good luck!!

Ok So 31 lbs down since Aug 8. I just went in for my 4th fill. I am up to 6.6 cc's with an AP large. 5.4 cc's had ok restriction i think this one will do the trick. I have done a crappy job of sticking with exercise and have cheated a little. I think I got comfortable eating pretty well and was nervous to go for a more aggrerssive fill. I finally threw down the gauntlet today and got another fill. The band has stopped me from eating doughy bread and pizza which is good, but I din't get in this to lose a little weight. Time to get to work. Wish me luck.

I'ts actually a comfort to know that the band is here waiting for me to get going and down to work. No turing back now. I am going to try to do a week of liquid protien to jump start things and drop a quick 10. Nothing like losing weight to motiviate you to lose weight.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I like going to me doctors meetings but this to me is WAAAYYYY better as a support group! I love coming on here and seeing everyones posts and tips.

Yeah you can get some good surrport on here Bridget. Lets us know.

Come to the Jan exercise thread and we'll make you work out too if your not already!