Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Headache That Won't Stop!!

GOOD MORNING ALL!! THIS IS MY SECOND DAY ON THE PRE-OP DIET. I'M SCEDULED FOR SEPTEMBER 5TH FOR SURGERY. bUT MY HEAD IS KILLING ME!! HUNGRY I THINK. THE SLIMFAST DIET THE DR. HAS PUT ME ON IS HARD. DOES ANYONE HAVE A BETTER DIET PLAN THAT I WILL STILL LOSE THE WEIGHT? AND HAS ANYONE TRIED THE smoothie KING WITHOUT ANY SUGAR? PLEASE HELP, BEFORE I CHEAT!!:help:

REDGIRL:whoo:

Are ou drinking Water? dehydration can cause headaches. I know the pre op diet is hard, and the post op as well...

I wish I had more sugestions, but I hope you feel better!

I stopped drinking coffee when I started my pre-op diet and had a headache every day. It gets a little better every day. Better to have a headache now from caffine withdrawal than after surgery when you have a lot of other things to contend with.

I remember having terrible headaches, and it was my Water intake. I hope it is something that easy for ya'

If you gave up caffeine, that's probably what's causing the headache. If you can have caffeine, have some. If doctor says no, the caffeine headache should only last a few days. Over-the-counter headache medicine should help. Good luck!

same thing happened to me!! im having my surgery in exactly a week!! and i know when i started my pre op diet i got the worst headaches! its from withdrawls from sugar

Slim fast has a lot of sugar. Maybe your blood sugar is crashing after drinking. Maybe try the low carb version or another lower sugar shake.< /p>

I used the Adkins shakes with my Dr.'s ok. Only 160 calories and I think better than the Slimfast. I love smoothy King and always have had them make mine without sugar, any other sweetners and with no sugar subs. They taste great and it saves about 100 ish calories on a small BUT it will still have carbs and having carbs makes me crave more carbs, which makes the pre-op diet harder. I would stick to the low carb shakes - as your pre-op weight falls, you will like them more ;)!

I had the headache because of caffeine withdrawal. I quit diet coke. I agree sugar and not enough Water can contribute too. I love being diet coke free!!!!!!! Best, CC