Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 7th was my surgery date

I am week 4+ and loving it. I was scared to go out at first (not sure of what maybe being sick). I just take a freezer lunch bag with yogurt, Protein liquid gel, or anything I may need. Oh and a big thing of Water. I got to start soft foods early because i became lactose intolerant. Hope that goes away. Other than making myself get out (cause of tiredness) I am so happy. Losing weight and going down sizes + the thought that this is just the beginning. No more yoyoying weight ---- all down from here!!!! I have never had that feeling before. I had a 2 week preop shake diet too and am down 32 lbs since that started. Anyone else excited with stories? Please share.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi, my surgery date was June 6, and I've lost 32 lbs. I was at a plateau for about a week, but I'm losing again so, I am happy about that. I'm taking the Premier Protein shake, but I'm kind of getting board with them. What Protein shakes are you taking?

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

I am week 4+ and loving it. I was scared to go out at first (not sure of what maybe being sick). I just take a freezer lunch bag with yogurt, Protein liquid gel, or anything I may need. Oh and a big thing of Water. I got to start soft foods early because i became lactose intolerant. Hope that goes away. Other than making myself get out (cause of tiredness) I am so happy. Losing weight and going down sizes + the thought that this is just the beginning. No more yoyoying weight ---- all down from here!!!! I have never had that feeling before. I had a 2 week preop shake diet too and am down 32 lbs since that started. Anyone else excited with stories? Please share.

I had my surgery on the 23rd of June and I'm down 13 pds and no need of insulin since surgery. I'm excited.

Mrs. Marrufo Phone :)

I had mine on June 9th. Just entered the soft Protein stage yesterday. The week 3 stall was pretty brutal for me. I lost 15lbs almost immediately after the surgery and maybe 2 pounds in the last 10 days. At my last appointment they pumped me so full of IV fluids that I gained back 5 lbs, but I know that is partially temporary.

Even though the numbers have been sluggish, I can feel the difference. I've lost 5 inches off of my waist and 2 off of my bra band. All my bras are big now which is a bit of a problem. I was on two types of insulin and metformin and now I'm just on the basal. That makes me happy. I much rather have 2 injections per day than 5!

My surgery was June 7 as well. I've lost 30 pounds! I'm still pretty tired and need to force myself to get out of the house at least once a day.

Me too with getting out. I find if i have a long day out I'm absolutely exhausted the next day. I have lost 32 lbs seems like that is starting to slow down hopefully just a short plateau.

Week 5 my weightloss is stalling. I need to make sure i'm getting the right amounts of Protein & carbs & exercise. Still trouble being tired. Anyone else stalled at week 5?

Hi, I had surgery May 24. In the middle of week 6 I held steady on to 199.8-200.8 lbs for 10 days. (Couldn't my stall come at 197 just to be out of the 200's?! Lol) I started on week 8 now and today my stall has finally broke. I lost 1.4 lbs. Putting me at 198.6. please believe, it will pass. It might seem like it won't, but it will.

I can't lie, it was VERY depressing for me. I felt like I wanted to give up and I wanted to stop gyming it up, but I kept going. I even said, I had this surgery to only lose 35 pounds?! BUT I kept drinking my Protein and my Water. But I did it with a sour face. I still can't eat as much as they would like me to eat, but I'm trying.

Eat healthy they say, eat small they say... how can I do that if I do both I only get to 400-500 including my protein. Smh. How will I ever get to 800 calories if I'm always full?!

Edited by onmica

I am in week 4 and in soft foods. Down 32lbs and doing well. I take a bottle of Water everywhere with me.