Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a mentor (my surgery is in August)

I'm August 8th and I don't have any support at all. I'm going to Mexico by myself. Maybe August sleevers can all be there for each other.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using the BariatricPal App

I'm having surgery 8/$

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Lol 8/8

Hi Dana, I'm having mine on August 15th and happy to share the journey. My son said something simple and wise: we've recently had 'Brexit' in UK which was a national referendum held to decide whether to stay or leave the European Union. My son said "It's like the referendum: if you like how things are then you vote 'stay' as you are and if you don't like it then the vote is to 'exit' to change things. I like that perspective and it made me laugh!

Sent from my SM-A500FU using the BariatricPal App

@@Dana

I had my surgery in 2012 and will gladly provide any support and answer any questions I can. It is normal to be nervous and losing weight pre-surgery is very difficult. What is your diet like? You may need to switch it up a bit to lose those pesky pounds.

I have found that a few days of a couple of shakes and one low carb/high Protein meal works for me. You have received good advice here. Please reach out to us that have gone through process for some great support.

Sent from my XT1096 using the BariatricPal App

I'm new here too - today's my first day. Just scoping it out here and gathering info from the pros . I have a ways to go - I had my first appointment which was more of an informational which was great. I have s lot of work ahead of me but excited to do it but each accomplishment brings me another step closer to surgery. Looking for support and ideas along the way. Any suggestions on pulling about 20 pounds off fairly quickly?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Would anyone like to join with me in an online video group chat tomorrow 8-9pm London time? If so please PM me and I'll give you the link. You can either put the link into browser or download the app appear.in onto your mobile phone. I think max number is 8 people. I would love to see you and share our stories, hopes and concerns.

Hi,

I am new to this site and the forums. I am scheduled for my sleeve surgery on August 10th, and I am terrified.

I am looking for a mentor to help me through this process. Some one who has already been where I am going would help tremendously.

I am 47, a mom, a grad student, and ready for this change in my life :)

Hey, Dana. I'm 46 a mom and teacher. I am also not the most conventional sleever. I was sleeved 6/22/16. I'll help if you want a rebel point of view.

Sent from my LGLS990 using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations and all the best on your upcoming surgery! The waiting before-hand can be tough, but joining a forum like this is such a great idea and great way to get support from all over the world.

Hi Dana,

I'm having my surgery August 2 and I'm a little nervous as well, but I'm also really excited

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

I'm August 8th and wish it were sooner! :rolleyes:

Would anyone like to join with me in an online video group chat tomorrow 8-9pm London time? If so please PM me and I'll give you the link. You can either put the link into browser or download the app appear.in onto your mobile phone. I think max number is 8 people. I would love to see you and share our stories, hopes and concerns.

Dang... just missed this. It's about 9:45pm your time... I'd love to get on a chat if you do another one.

Hi Dana,

I will be 2 years sleeved as of 8/1. I am not best best sleeved example but I am moving forward. I am here and will help you as much as I can. You can do this!

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

Hi Dana, I know you must be excited about your upcoming sleeve surgery. I'm four years post op sleeve. If you think there is anything I can help you with feel free to message me

Hi my name is Roni i had my sleeve on 5/23/16 i have only lost 17 lbs I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong i thought I would have lost more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

Everyone is different. Don't put your self down, just follow the directions your Dr gave you. If you feel like you have hit a plateau change your exercise up change.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

Dang... just missed this. It's about 9:45pm your time... I'd love to get on a chat if you do another one.
I'll aim for same time next week. I'll post it as a new topic.