Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting back out there ......

Ok so I'm getting closer to my "ideal me body" after many years of being single (started at 265 and currently 172) But, I'm am dreading interactions with men for a combination of reasons.

1) the excess/saggy skin

2) the constant trips to the restroom

3) MOSTLY the OUTRAGEOUS GAS and its AFFIXING SMELL.... It's sooooo embarrassing and it never stops. If I hold it in I am MISSERABLE. But the alternative is so unladylike.

Please tell me I'm not alone in this stinking boat!!! What did you do??? I've tried gas meds, beano, etc.. Nothing helps.

So far I have just been avoiding men all together, but I gotta say this is getting rather lonely...

Advise please...

After you stop laughing of course....

Dated, no one has dared to comment on my skin. They are mostly into the T and A. I'm guessing you were born in 76. If you are dating men your own age or older, they aren't going to expect a perfect body. Some men care more about how you appear in public, meaning other people find you beautiful and men look at you, than worry about what you look like in private. If you can look like a trophy in clothes, that is most of the battle. This is just my opinion.

I don't have your bathroom or gas issues. Have you tried a probiotic? How much Water do you drink? Have you became lactose intolerant since surgery?

I notice this week my skin is slowly getting better, even though I am still losing. My arms are still tragic but not as tragic a they were. I can wear sleeveless stuff without thinking I am going to scare small children. I still need an arm lift I think, but there is hope for the skin.

Other people don't see your flaws as clearly as you see them.

Yes Lactose intolerant

Yes probiotic

Minimum of 5.. 16 .9 oz bottle of Water a day or equivilant.

And yes I agree with you about men wanting a "trophy"... Been there, done that.... I see those guys coming from a mile away and am so "over it"..

It's not so much about being a trophy, but most men care that you look good when you are out with them. They don't care about your skin when your clothes are off, their mind is on other things.

I really think women over think this.

Have you asked your doctor about the gas problem?

Yes I have asked... They said its normal with a "high Protein " diet.

I've been on high protein diets before... This is far from normal, I think.

Yes

The gas will diminish over time (at least it did for me). For now, just excuse yourself to let one rip.

Get out and socialize. Meet people through common interest groups, like biking, hiking, tennis, etc...

Regarding the excess skin, just keep the lights out or low.

No time better than the present to get out there meeting people.