Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scheduled June 28

I have not needed to add Protein to anything, and when I have Protein shakes I prefer the ready-to-drink versions over the powders, so I'm not a good one to ask. But the nutritionist at my doctor's office recommended unjury and Premier Protein. The former has unflavored and chicken Soup versions (in addition to the usual chocolate, strawberry and vanilla) which could be good for mixing with other things.

What kind of Protein Shakes are you doing? Maybe just changing that up would help too? I love Organic Fuel and drink it now just because I want to - not because I have to. More often than not, that's what I have for Breakfast on the way to work in the morning.

Popsicles are a good way to get Fluid in without having to drink more Water. You could also try flavored waters. And what about broth-based Soups? Soon fruits and vegetables will help with hydration too. There's more than one way to stay hydrated when you're struggling with Water. :-)

Here's to hoping things get better soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have not needed to add Protein to anything, and when I have Protein shakes I prefer the ready-to-drink versions over the powders, so I'm not a good one to ask. But the nutritionist at my doctor's office recommended unjury and Premier Protein. The former has unflavored and chicken Soup versions (in addition to the usual chocolate, strawberry and vanilla) which could be good for mixing with other things.

What kind of Protein Shakes are you doing? Maybe just changing that up would help too? I love Organic Fuel and drink it now just because I want to - not because I have to. More often than not, that's what I have for Breakfast on the way to work in the morning.

Popsicles are a good way to get Fluid in without having to drink more Water. You could also try flavored waters. And what about broth-based Soups? Soon fruits and vegetables will help with hydration too. There's more than one way to stay hydrated when you're struggling with Water. :-)

Here's to hoping things get better soon!!

Thanks! I'm eating Greek yogurt for breakfast, drinking apple juice, Vitamin water and water, Protein drinks in between and for dinner either mashed potatoes or chicken broth. It really is all about learning new foods and flavors and learning to lesson to your stomach! It's crazy how much I miss the sensation of chewing. I feel like every day I am doing better getting to my goal water and calorie/protein intake.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I missed chewing too. That's where eggs, cottage cheese and spaghetti came in handy. But it sounds like you've got a good mix going. Don't forget that you can do broth-based Soups in addition to plain broth. My favorite is Progressive Chickarina (i.e. chicken meatball) - so yummy!! :-)

I'm going to get some different soups tomorrow... so thanks for the suggestion ????

Looks like you are doing so well. Sounds like you have followed the guidelines beautifully. Have you dared to get on the scales yet? I've been on the liquid diet for the past 24 hours and starving!!! How ridiculous am I?! Imagine I were shipwrecked somewhere...already weak at 24 hours in, I wouldn't stand a chance at survival!!

I've got just under 48 hours until I go in.

What sort of anaesthetic do they give?

Looks like you are doing so well. Sounds like you have followed the guidelines beautifully. Have you dared to get on the scales yet? I've been on the liquid diet for the past 24 hours and starving!!! How ridiculous am I?! Imagine I were shipwrecked somewhere...already weak at 24 hours in, I wouldn't stand a chance at survival!!

I've got just under 48 hours until I go in.

What sort of anaesthetic do they give?

You will do great! I was on propothol. I did weight myself and I have loss 13 pounds! I definitely wouldn't last on an deserted island. Good luck!

13 pounds is amazing!!!! Wow!!! Good for you!!! Keep it up!

I had my first post op appointment and it went great. Nut and Dr advanced me to the soft foods diet. I just had less than 1/2 piece of baked catfish, 4 pieces of roasted cauliflower and 3 broccoli and 1/2 cup of baked sweet potato and am doing fine. I chewed every bite 20+times, and ate extremely slow. I am now only on my prilec medicine. And am 13 pounds less! ????