Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Great website...help it grow!!

I think this is going to be a GREAT website!! It's new, so not many people have visited yet, but I think it's awesome. SO much easier to peruse than some others that aren't categorized. Tell your friends about it and let's get it going so we can help others who have been banded or are thinking about it......

I gotta say I love this format. View New Posts is my favorite feature and makes it possible to keep up with stuff. Check it out if you don't already use it: the link is on the top right of the home screen.

I'll be telling my contacts about it, don't worry! :(

Originally posted by Chris S. - L.I.

Seems like a nice place for me to be since I am a pre bander. I wish there was a chat room too!

I'm thinking about adding a chat room. Would you like a room that was open 24/7 for all users or would you rather have scheduled chats ?

I love the view new posts feature as well. I was so used to that from every other message board I've frequented, I get kinda lost on Spotlight sometimes. lol

But, I must ask..what happened to the :twisted: smiley? I loved him! :(

I'd personally prefer a 24/7 chat. I work strange hours and would not always be able to participate at "normal" chat times. And since I rarely get to eat anymore :( I might as well chat at 2AM if anyone else is up!!!

I love this style of forum, most of the ones i visit are in this format so i feel right at home.

keep up the good work.

Originally posted by tangerine

I love the view new posts feature as well. I was so used to that from every other message board I've frequented, I get kinda lost on Spotlight sometimes. lol

But, I must ask..what happened to the :twisted: smiley? I loved him! :(

Alexis,

Show me an example of the twisted smiley and I'll put it up for you.

Originally posted by lmtorb

I'd personally prefer a 24/7 chat. I work strange hours and would not always be able to participate at "normal" chat times. And since I rarely get to eat anymore :( I might as well chat at 2AM if anyone else is up!!!

Larry,

I'm going to have a chat area up in a few days. I'll let all of you know once it's up.

Originally posted by lmtorb

I've added chat to the site. To access the chat room please click on the "chat" button on the top right hand side of this page.

This is my first time visiting this site and I think it is awesome! I have truly enjoyed reading the postings and they have encouraged me to go forward! Thanks to all for your effort in getting this site up and running.

Originally posted by Sheila

This is my first time visiting this site and I think it is awesome! I have truly enjoyed reading the postings and they have encouraged me to go forward! Thanks to all for your effort in getting this site up and running.

Sheila,

Thanks a million! Please let us know how things go for you. When are you planning to get banded ?

I too am definately thankful for finding this website!! I just made the decision to get banded last week and I found SOOOO much helpful information that I know I made the right decision to have it done!! Thanks!!!

:D

Alex,

I am in the pre-band stage. I have my psych eval in Sept and my initial consult with the surgeon in October. I am worried about my insurance though-Anthem Federal (HMO)- not really sure if they cover this. I got conflicting information when I called them. So I decided to go ahead and get started and then deal with an appeal if necessary. I'll have to rely on Alexandra's expertise if I have to appeal!!