Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

meeting with surgeon in 2 weeks

i found out today that everything is a go and will be meeting with the surgeon in a couple of weeks. his name is dr.louer. he is new this month to emmc in bangor, maine ,i was going to go with dr.michelle toder but i thought that i would try him. he used to work at the weight loss center in cleveland and also worked in miami florida. i will be one of his first patients here in maine. i hope i made the right decision to see him instead. my husband just got home and said that i am taking the easy way out and that i should just eat better. can you imagine the easy way out what is he thinking this is going to tough for awhile. hes been ok so far about me doing the surgery but now that i am getting closer he has no sympathy for me. maybe hes just scared. he better change his attitude , i had to leave the program the first time because we were having problems and i dont want anything to get in my way this time

andrea

i found out today that everything is a go and will be meeting with the surgeon in a couple of weeks. his name is dr.louer. he is new this month to emmc in bangor, maine ,i was going to go with dr.michelle toder but i thought that i would try him. he used to work at the weight loss center in cleveland and also worked in miami florida. i will be one of his first patients here in maine. i hope i made the right decision to see him instead. my husband just got home and said that i am taking the easy way out and that i should just eat better. can you imagine the easy way out what is he thinking this is going to tough for awhile. hes been ok so far about me doing the surgery but now that i am getting closer he has no sympathy for me. maybe hes just scared. he better change his attitude , i had to leave the program the first time because we were having problems and i dont want anything to get in my way this time

andrea

Congrats on seeing the surgeon in 2 weeks - it's exciting isn't it! This sounds like it's what you really want - hopefully your husband will come around in time. I'm sure he's just scared, like you mentioned. Still it's too bad he thinks it's the "easy way out" - since when is surgery easy?? Maybe if he went to the seminar or appointments with you he would understand things better and be more supportive?

Anyway goodluck in your journey, and congrats! :clap2:

You must ignore your husband at this time. He IS scared. This is not about you, this is about him. HIS life is going to change and he's afraid of what it may entail. This is a typical phsychological reaction by those around the patient. In many men this manifests itself in a bad attitude about the surgery and trying to discourage it. What could REALLY be going on in his head is "She's gonna lose a bunch of weight and then she's gonna leave me for a hot guy." (I'm not kidding). Just make sure you tell him that you are not only doing this for yourself, you are doing it for him too. Good luck! Everything will be FINE.

i can tell that my nerves are acting up,ever since i found out that i will be meeting with the surgeon ive fallen off the wagon and have eaten really bad this week, not once or twice, but three or more times between chinese, pizza, and ice cream. i have been keeping the snacking under control now especially in the last few months but today i snacked all day. i think that i will be ok though because i am feeling really guilty and am sick of it all ready, i am also thinking about exercising again which i havent done now for 3 months. its hard because i am sick of eating bad but i know that once i have surgery that i wont be able to eat alot of things so part of me wants to get it in now. i know that thinking that way will only make things harder and also i will gain weight which i dont want. i need to get back on track and try really hard

andrea

This was one of the topics we dealt with in our support group this morning. It was suggested that whenever we are accused of taking "the easy way out" we ask the person "What part of this is easy?" I think most people would be hard pressed to find an intelligent answer. We are, if anything, taking the hard way out. Easy would be continuing our bad habits and letting our weight control our lives. There is nothing easy about changing eating and exercise habits we have had all of our lives. It's a near impossible feat. Congratulations to those who have been able to do it without surgery, but I'm not ashamed to admit I need the help of the Lap-Band to do it.