Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The misconceptions about WLS from people who have not had it are hysterical, but...

You guys are killing me! :lol:

I think the most disturbing thing I am seeing in the past year or so reading WLS forums is the number of people with low BMIs and obvious eating disorders having surgery. The sleeve is an anorexic dream. As WLS moves more and more to being easily profitable in the US and other places this is going to become a bigger problem.

This scares me too! What happened to only getting WLS if you had 100 lbs or more to lose - or you had significant medical issues (diabetes) that would resolve with GB. When I see what is probably a "normal" sized person (except on the BMI chart) removing 80% of their stomach or re-routing their entire intestinal system to lose 40 - 50 lbs - I wonder what the hell were they thinking. I think this also gives a bad opinion of WLS in general and why some think it's the "easy way out".

What was I thinking?

Wanting to no longer be obese and on BP meds and not a fasting BS of 150.This due to being 50 - 60 pounds overweight. It's not an easy way out.

@@IrishGermanRN

I am well aware it's not an easy way out. I also mentioned I was referring to people with no medical complications who needed to lose 40-50lbs only! From your stats you are hoping to lose 70lbs and you have comorbities. Big difference in what I was referring to!

@IrishGermamRN

If you read here enough you will find people with 29 or 30 BMIs and eating disorders going out the country for surgery because they would never be approved.

No one is talking about you.

@IrishGermamRN

If you read here enough you will find people with 29 or 30 BMIs and eating disorders going out the country for surgery because they would never be approved.

No one is talking about you.

That's not what was said

What was said was 40-50 pounds.

That's me.

Did you start out with only 40-50lbs to lose? Do you have no comorbities? Read my post.

Yes and yes

I did read your post.

Don't we all have eating disorders?

Who is it to decide who should have it or not?

Reread your post yourself. It didn't come off how you think

Edited by IrishGermanRN

I guess hit dogs will holler.

If you are happy with your choice, you wouldn't have to defend it so hard.

You cannot/will not poop out your staples. Really.

Tell that to my sore bum. If it's not the staples, then what is it??

Your move, know it all.

Geez Babbs, what is your husband doing to you at night? Might want to put a camera on him to see if he is doing sleep naughtiness. ;-)

I have pictures of my surgery ;-) I know exactly where my stomach is, it now hides under my liver!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

After the surgery, it now cowers in fear under my liver. ;-)

It probably sits and around and thinks "where the heck is that clit thing?"

BTW, the GUY who "discovered the clit" was almost executed by the Catholic church. For a very cool piece of anatomy, it has a bizarre history - http://projects.huffingtonpost.com/projects/cliteracy/history

Imma make a wild guess and say it was not a *guy* who discovered the clit.

Good link though. ;)

Imma gonna make a wild guess and say it was not a *guy* who discovered the clit.

Well you know know it wasn't "official" back then until a guy said so. And they didn't have lady razors back then so I can see how something could be missed.

I was an ER nurse. You'd be amazed how little the average person knows about their anatomy and functioning of their body.

sent from mobile device

I guess that's why ERs have to rescue all those poor little hamsters!