Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can a Icee stretch your pouch

Oh what a great read, catching up on all of this. I noticed it before falling asleep but figured I'd wait until I awoke to comment. Holy sh*t has it exploded!

If you have gastric bypass please just ask your doctor about the straw.

I have had bypass. My doctor takes no issue with straws. The whole argument with straws is about swallowing air, which you do anytime you swallow anything anyway. Soooo...yeah.

Otherwise, one could find themselves following the ramblings of some ill informed idiot on the internet.

Oh....and the only thing that's given me heartburn since my sleeve surgery has been ignorance like I've read in this post.

Lol, Dub. Just...LOL.

Looking through her posting history, she is one of the most ill informed people about proper nutrition and bariatric surgery in general I've ever seen. Facts don't matter to her.

I can't say that I haven't noticed her ignorant string of posts over the last few days. She was already firmly on my 'dislike' list before this thread came along.

I will try and find my people.

Oh for the love of god! Bypass people!! RUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!

That is all. I shall try to tone down the b*tch factor for the rest of the day now.

No, I don't think she's a troll. I think she's a bit of a troubled soul who has some serious challenges and probably little formal education.

I had a little insomnia last night so I skimmed her earlier posts, too. If you can believe them and can fathom her writing / typing / logic errors, she's on some serious drugs for pain. She said she is bipolar and sees a psychologist and a psychiatrist. During the psychological evaluation with a third mental health professional she said she lied not just about "being fat for only 4 years," but prior suicide attempts ("He didn't need to know that.").

I don't interact with people like her to make fun of her. Even responding to these posts is aggravating. But not calling B.S. would let the misinformation stand unquestioned for lurkers and newbies.

I MUST stop trying to fix the internet.

Sipping through a straw causes ulcers?

WTF? How?

And for the record, people choose gastric sleeve surgery for a variety of reasons. Seldom is the decision about which bariatric surgery to have based on their desire to ensure they can keep eating junk food.

@@Ele marie -- you assume a lot about WLS and WLS patients that simply isn't true.

Thanks for this response, VSGAnn. Its sad that there is so much misinformation out there that is then repeated like it's the gospel. Not all Bypass people dump on sugar, fried foods or cheese. Bypass isn't necessarily better than VSG. I hope people who are reading these posts pre-op can weed out the posts with bad information and get helpful info from true vets.

VSGAnne2014-you are a kind, wise, dear person to describe her as a 'bit of a troubled soul'. Plain 'bonkers' would have done!

There again, I'm not a kind, wise, dear person. I'm just a sarky git who is old enough to say it how she sees it, not give a flying **** and most times get away with it!

Actually, I can be nice but not when I'm exasperated!!!!!!!! As I have been reading the tripe from the knowledgeable knobhead!

Thanks, @@jintycb . Shockingly, some people here think I'm an a**hole. But they're probably not sarky gits.

:)

No, I don't think she's a troll. I think she's a bit of a troubled soul who has some serious challenges and probably little formal education.

I had a little insomnia last night so I skimmed her earlier posts, too. If you can believe them and can fathom her writing / typing / logic errors, she's on some serious drugs for pain. She said she is bipolar and sees a psychologist and a psychiatrist. During the psychological evaluation with a third mental health professional she said she lied not just about "being fat for only 4 years," but prior suicide attempts ("He didn't need to know that.").

I don't interact with people like her to make fun of her. Even responding to these posts is aggravating. But not calling B.S. would let the misinformation stand unquestioned for lurkers and newbies.

I MUST stop trying to fix the internet.

Damn.......there ya go making total sense again.

I should feel bad for my swift dismissal of what I saw as rubbish being spewed in her posts. I truly should.

I don't.

I'd just arrived home after a long week of night shifts with a fresh hot cup of Starbuck's Cafe Verona in hand and I rode the wave of goodness that it provided. Pretty sure I was rude and insensitive with a large dose of IDGAF.

It happened.

I then had a much needed nap.

A superhot showa followed. A powa showa.

And........cracked open a bottle of Maker's Mark....not bad for screw top stuff.....gathered some ice cubes and a nice mellow state is being conjured up.

Gonna make some coconut shrimp and other stuff in a bit. Just trying to decide whether to do it indoors or out on the deck.....weather will make the decision for me. Rain......dry.....rain......dry......hmmmm. Decisions.

Until then I sip and ponder womenz who drink their dranks with large straws. Much respect for their endeavors to.......quench their thirsts.

Deep thoughts from a shallow dude.

I should feel bad....all sorts of bad.

Yet I don't. I'm mightily focused on feeling good and cooking up some tasty grub for a carnivorous teen while I crank some good tunes.

I want to be a sarky git. Do I have to cross the pond to achieve that title?

Naw, Darlin'.

It's about attitude......not latitude. (or longitude)

You can achieve this status if you so aspire.

And probably look sexy as hell as you do so.

Well said darling dub. It's a lovely English bit of slang but I reckon you should use it more on your side of the pond. You know that I pointed out to you what 'Dub' means in Scottish slang, well for our bonkers poster I have a fab bit of Scottish slang. Never mind being just plain bonkers she's also terminally 'glaiket'. Great descriptive word. Love using it!!!!

Why do you lot have all the fun while I sleep???

I gotta start living on 'Murican time...

That's what happens when you live in Tomorrow Land.

:)

Whew! I made it. I wanted to get in here before everyone left. Relax everyone I have the answer.

The fact is....... "I am the EXPERT on weight loss surgery and recovery".

And I have used a straw. Many times. Result - no ill effects. Case closed. -_-

Oh, I almost forgot, one little added disclaimer.....I'm only the expert on "Recycled's" weight loss surgery and recovery.

@@KindaFamiliar

We need to do SOMETHING to entertain ourselves in your absence...