Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Pounds until People started discussing your weight loss?

I can't wait for the comments! My friend lost 65 lbs and everyone fawned over her, and I was jealous as heck. Some people don't want the attention and comments. I welcome them! I crave them! hehe.

I've lost 65 lbs and still nothing. I even traveled for 2 solid months and now that I'm home I expected some comment from someone, but NOTHING. I crave the day when the comment comes

"OH YOU'VE LOST WEIGHT". I get so depressed sometimes . I Need some Comment.

kirajh---I always say "loosing weight for me is like chipping away at Mt. Rushmore with a Dairy Queen Spoon".

People amaze me!!! They have no problems commenting on how big we are or how we need to loose weight; but let us loose weight and it is like they have blinders on. Give me a break!!! you know they notice. I think they feel threatened!!!

My sis and mom could tell in my face after 10 or so......... my boss after I hit about 25............ my df said my butt looked different at about 30 and has been smacking it a lot more now.. :) at 40, a lady in a different department said........... (as she was walking behind me in the hall) Tracy you are losing weight again arent you? I just smiled and said.. I'm TRYING!!!!!!!!!! ;) they've all seen me lose it before (and gain it back) so this time........ they will all be waiting for me to gain it back again.. but this time I have a little silicone fist to help me keep it off!

I was banded on 7/14 and have lost 18 lbs. Nobody has noticed yet, but the last time I lost a lot of weight it took close to 30 lbs for anyone to really notice. I was ok with it then, and feel I will be ok with it this time. I just hope it stays off!

My husband noticed when I had lost 11 and the rest of the world started noticing when I lost about 20.

In the last week I have had several people who didnt even know I had the surgery comment on my weight loss. It makes me feel good to have people notice on their own!

Just now, at 72 pounds lost, are people wondering and asking how I did it--only 47 pounds from my goal and they just now notice. They started noticing something was "different"--my hair, my skin, all along it was the weight loss.

I lost in my face first and the initial comments were all "wow your face is getting so thin! I wanted to scream " yes I know my azz is still huge!" but I didn't. Now at 70 lbs I am getting tons of comments. Closer people commented earlier but it took a good 40-50 lbs. My 12 year old, who is also my picture taker and spends the most time with me commented the earliest in my journey. I like the comments.

it is so true! they always noticed the "bad" things but as soon as you are doing something good... the whole word gets quit! LOL... well, I would take it as Im doing it good and the skinny girls feel threatened because let's face it girls, we have wonderful personalities and getting a prettier! I would feel the same way! LOL

People amaze me!!! They have no problems commenting on how big we are or how we need to loose weight; but let us loose weight and it is like they have blinders on. Give me a break!!! you know they notice. I think they feel threatened!!!

Renee! you are funny I wish I can say my azz* still big instead of saying my belly still big! LOL

I lost in my face first and the initial comments were all "wow your face is getting so thin! I wanted to scream " yes I know my azz is still huge!" but I didn't. Now at 70 lbs I am getting tons of comments. Closer people commented earlier but it took a good 40-50 lbs. My 12 year old, who is also my picture taker and spends the most time with me commented the earliest in my journey. I like the comments.

I wear a labcoat at work and the comments didn't start until I was down about 30 lbs. I never made the lapband surgery a secret and most of my coworkers were aware and watching for results, I'm sure.

It was when I started wearing clothing that was more tailored that the comments really started. Before I wore blousy, loose tops over elastic slacks. Once I began tucking blouses into skirts with waistbands, people took more notice.

Double-edged sword is right. Part of me thinks, "Hey, stop LOOKING at me so close," while the another part thinks, "Hey, don't I look GREAT?"

Pity they don't do some brain surgery while they're in there banding us, isn't it?