Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Seattle/Tacoma Sleevers with surgeries approaching?

I'm free Saturday, July 16th as well if that works better for everyone?

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I'm free Saturday, July 16th as well if that works better for everyone?

I can July 16th too

I went to a graduation party today and I found it incredibly difficult to be in an environment where I normally ate a ton for the sake of socializing and now could only have liquids. The smells and watching people eat my favorite foods was awful.

I'm definitely seeing now how much I was eating for fun and comfort and not because I was hungry. I knew it was true before but now is really hitting home. I wanted to eat cake and lumpia so badly!

Camber, I'm so glad you shared this. I have been having a bit of a pout, having walked through my neighborhood farmers' market and then the grocery store today, and I wanted to eat ALL THE THINGS. I wasn't hungry, but the freshly baked pizzas looked SO good, and the fresh fruits, and my BFF Doritos having fun in the store aisle without me... Ugh. And kind friends have dropped off homemade dinners that I can't even taste. It's only post-op Day 3 and I don't know how I'm going to get through the next 11+ days (until I can have creamy Soups and puréed foods, at least)! Except for meeting up with you guys (July 2 not good, July 16 works) I am quite nervous about being in a restaurant or at a party. Too much temptation, and likely resentment. (Which reminds me that I need a new way of recovering from a pout because I can't just turn to food anymore.)

I'm learning that overcoming my food habits is going to take a long time. :/. Time of day being mealtime? There's food near me? My tummy gurgles? I reach for food and I've almost had to sit on my hands and yell at myself, "you can't eat that!"

But my success today (trying for the bright side) was getting re-started on Vitamins (I totally admit that was partly texture driven - I wanted to CHEW something and was willing to compromise on a Vitamin tablet and Calcium chew to get some texture). And I made my Protein and Water goals, partly because I am taking bigger sips now. I'm not waiting the 15 minutes between finishing a shake and starting on my Water - I guess I should. Timing of water, Protein, supplements - geez, feeding myself is now like a FT job!

Right now there are delicious burritos and lasagnes in my freezer getting lonely. I miss them very much.

@@Seastar I'm glad I'm not the only one! Head hunger is going to be my worst enemy.

@@Tommy Joe good luck with your surgery! Hope to see you the 16th!

Everyone,

It sounds like July 16th is a good day for most? Would an afternoon time in Federal Way work? There is both a Panera there and several pho places. Any preferences?

Mid-afternoon in Fed Way works fine for me - I'm excited to meet you guys! I have a slight preference for Panera because they likely have wifi, so my teen could hang in a rear booth with her Kindle. And it might be nice if there's a walking trail nearby for those who feel adventurous afterwards. But really, it's all good.

I'm bizarrely happy that we're going to a restaurant. This won't be easy for me, so I'm glad I'll be with people who "get it"!

Let's see if this July 16 at 2pm at the Panera in Federal Way works for most!

I'm excited too, @@Seastars! We can practice eating right in difficult situations with people who will be supportive!

I've heard that Dr. Srikanth's support group does potlucks and has everybody bring a dish and the recipe so we can try new healthy things. Maybe we could do a picnic toward the end of summer like that? When we are maybe eating real food?

I can do 16jul at 200 pm at fed way Panera. Looking forward!

If I don't show up at Panera on July 16, follow the trail of giant toothmarks along the highway back to Seattle. You may find me eating skyscrapers. I'll bet they crunch like chicken bones.

Not coincidentally, I'm ready for an award for almost making it through another day surviving on freakin' liquids. I did some errands to get away from my kitchen. But did you know that office supply stores have mesmerizing food aisles? How about Petco - those frosted doggy treats look delicious, but I'd even settle for some kangaroo jerkey from the checkout temptations shelf.

I'm not technically hungry, I know I know, but this sure feels like another crash diet and I am OVER IT already!

So, the low-cal crankiness has apparently set in at my house. How are you guys doin'?

If I don't show up at Panera on July 16, follow the trail of giant toothmarks along the highway back to Seattle. You may find me eating skyscrapers. I'll bet they crunch like chicken bones.

Not coincidentally, I'm ready for an award for almost making it through another day surviving on freakin' liquids. I did some errands to get away from my kitchen. But did you know that office supply stores have mesmerizing food aisles? How about Petco - those frosted doggy treats look delicious, but I'd even settle for some kangaroo jerkey from the checkout temptations shelf.

I'm not technically hungry, I know I know, but this sure feels like another crash diet and I am OVER IT already!

So, the low-cal crankiness has apparently set in at my house. How are you guys doin'?

Bwahahahahahaha! I'm with you! Today I stared at my husband while he was eating a turkey sandwich and kept asking him if it was good, what he put on it, and at the height of my weirdness, if I could smell it.

I'm starting to feel like one of those vampire movies where the vampire has sworn off humans but is constantly around them. ;)

I'll see if I can make the 16th. It's actually a bit far in advance so who knows what may come up with my kids. I'll tentatively RSVP and let you know if I can't make it. Can someone do a head count so I know how large of a party to look for? That place gets crazy busy and I don't want to walk up to a group of people on accident.

Bwahahahahahaha! I'm with you! Today I stared at my husband while he was eating a turkey sandwich and kept asking him if it was good, what he put on it, and at the height of my weirdness, if I could smell it.

I'm starting to feel like one of those vampire movies where the vampire has sworn off humans but is constantly around them. ;)

Haha. I smelled the pizza my kids ate tonight because it looked and smelled so good. Papa Murphys is the bomb!!

Are most of you all on Facebook? If you are comfortable with it, I could create a private event and invite you all which would make it easy to see who could come and who couldn't. Maybe we can make this a monthly thing!

I think right now we have Seastar, kadie777, me, and possibly Tommy Joe and ACJordan. Am I missing anyone?

Are most of you all on Facebook? If you are comfortable with it, I could create a private event and invite you all which would make it easy to see who could come and who couldn't. Maybe we can make this a monthly thing!

I think right now we have Seastar, kadie777, me, and possibly Tommy Joe and ACJordan. Am I missing anyone?

That sounds great, Camber! I like the potluck/recipe idea too (we're on real foods around week 5 or 6 I think). We could also have the first person at the table make a table tent that says "GreenSleeves" (Northwest sleevers, get it?) to help later arrivals find the group.

I'm glad the weather's so nice. It's making it easier to walk outside. Relatedly: my FUPA jiggles a lot when I walk. There were even a couple of sharp pains yesterday. Searching around on this site, it seems like that's pretty common, and some folks use a "belly binder" to help reduce jiggling. I hadn't even heard of this before my site search. Has anybody tried this? Seems like it might exacerbate incision soreness, but I'm tempted. (I will ask my doc, too.)

Thank you all for this thread. It helps tremendously to know others are going through this same journey (complete with inhaling others' meal aromas!). I've always felt like dieting phases could be shared but that the hard, unsuccessful work of maintenance and true changing of habits, was entirely alone (and did I mention unsuccessful?). I love having friends with the same concerns, questions and tips as we share the journey to better health!

What is a FUPA lol?